Update from Iacon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by megamus, Jul 7, 2006.

1. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Well so far I've meet up with King Grimlock, Bill from Bill's toys, Karl, Fred from Fred's Workshop, Curt from TFSource, and many others from the board. The dealer room looks kinda bare at this moment but other dealers have nto arrived yet. The dinner is going on and the exclusive has been announced. I will try to get pics when I can. For anyone viewing from the convention remember, the fourth floor is the place to be at 10pm for parts parties.
    MegaMus

2. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Dude, what is it?

3. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    It's a small matrix of leadership clear. Made of plastic. If you saw the small ones made into necklaces, that is the one only clear. Hardly worth the price of the overcooked dinner. I forgot my camera and cannot send pics.

Update:
    Parts night was pretty good considering the small turnout so far. I will update in the morning after setting up
    MegaMus

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what the heck was the Justitoys Iacon One Exclusive WST?????????

5. Empr Starscream

Empr Starscream Active Member

Ebay:
    Just a quick correction to Megamus's post, it's Bill from JRS Toyworld not Bill from Bill's toys.

6. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seriously, we are going out of our minds here. Did anyone even GO to Iacon One?

7. King_Grimlock

King_Grimlock Well-Known Member

The WST "exclusive" was the boxed art color scheme version of snarl. I'm sure it wasn't limited to the just the show since there were 999 made, but I could be wrong. In the run there were 10 lucky draw snarls but I don't think anyone found one during the show.

As far as the show itself went, it was a pretty small turnout in comparison to other TF cons. I heard a lot of talk of how it reminded people of the first botcon. I think it has potential but the promoters need to do a better job at getting word out to the public. There seemed to be a decent amount of hardcore collectors out there but hardly any casual collectors.

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's pretty disappointing...

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Wow, that sucks. The way they hyped it I wasn't expecting a repaint of the WST they already did. Redline is right, very disappointing.

10. King_Grimlock

Yeah I really did care about it either. I wasn't sure when the next two were being released but I was hoping to pick up the grimlock, oh well.

11. Delta Star

Delta Star <b>Reprolabels.com</b> TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait... so the exclusive not yet revealed WST Figure they were talking about was... Snarl?

Ugh. I like Justitoys and all, and I consider myself a huge WST fan, but I do not see how I can justify this purchase.

Is not the box art supposed to be based on the toy? If so, what good does it do to make a toy based on the box art? It is sort of like admitting they made mistakes on the box art in the first place.

12. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

> disengage lurker mode <

My nephew, my friends and I all had a really great time. Sure, it was small compared to other TF shows, but that gave the convention a cozy, homespun vibe, and there was a lot of elbow room everywhere if you wanted to sit without getting trampled. I saw a lot of familiar faces from BotCons past. I met and got autographs from all the voice actors and Don Figueroa. The guests were as wonderful as could be. David was cool ( I signed his BW S3 DVD ) Scott was his usual awesomely funny self and Venus bought a Happy Meal BA toy from me. ^_^ I'll definately be there next year and here's to hoping the next one will be just as great!

Mike "E"

13. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Equal Parts ...

Perhaps the websites should have done a better job of covering the event.

:wink: 

14. King_Grimlock

What I meant was, that the exclusive version looked to be based off of the original box art from the gen1 peice.

I know the fig had been well received by the show attendants, it just took me awhile to figure out what the color scheme's purpose was.

Overall I am really impressed with the way the figures had been made. I think the best part is the poster that comes with the figs!

15. King_Grimlock

I was just speaking from a dealers point of view of how the show was advertised. As far as the sites covering it, the only way I found out about the con was through sites like this.

All in all I had a pretty good time with the experience and meeting people, I just hope that next time the promoters can get the word out a little faster and better.

16. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Iacon got coverage from just about every single fan site, including this one. We wouldn't accept credit for a large turnout and we sure as shit aren't going to take the blame for a small one.

17. neospark1

News Credits:
    Errrr ....

YIKES!

You can turn your defense shields off. Not a very professional reply at all and you are taking what I said WAAAAAAAYYYYY out of context.

I mean, who the was trying to imply it was all your fault that the convention was "small" because of you and TFW? Not I.

Geez. :yuck 

18. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually that is exactly what you were implying. You implied that none of the sites gave Iacon any coverage and therefore noone knew about it. You implied here and you implied it in your other Iacon thread. That's completely false as just about every site gave Iacon plenty of coverage. He had frontpage postings at Allspark, TFormers, Seibertron as well as here. Iacon recieved better coverage than any other fan convention this year. That includes both CybCon, Mechacon and even Auto Assembly.

You say there wasn't enough coverage. I say they got plenty of coverage and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

19. neospark1

News Credits:
    Erm again ...

Well, I am glad that you can read my mind and have the right to call me a liar. :throw 

Again, YOU are wrong.

I was speaking of covering the convention while it was happening. Not for anything leading up to it.

I watched this site all weekend long and there was not one front page item, period.

And again, you are taking this WAAAAAAYYYY to personally. It's an observation and an opinion.

So let's move past :horse:  .

20. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We would have been more than happy to cover the con. We tried to do so. However, our requests for info from people going were never answered, so we can't cover things when noone would supply us with the info. Heck looking at every single site, noone got anything until today when TF Source emailed peopel to let them know what the WST Announcement was.