Update by shout on takara dvds

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gaastra, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yeah thats for sure, have you ever noticed how slow most people read. We were watching Battle Royal a year or two ago, and my friend's fiance threw a shitfit about 20 minutes into the movie. She yelled that they were scrolling the subs too fast for her to read them. They were friggin slooooow. I never read things at the same time as someone else, I can play a few rounds of poker waiting for them to turn the page. This is why I think most people don't read books, a 300 page book is a month or two adventure.

2. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Precisely. Most people out there can't keep up with subtitles. That includes TF fans.

That said, we are never going to get a new English dubbed version of those shows. Not gonna happen. It's either Sub or nothing. So I will gladly take the Sub version.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I don't mind subs. I've been able to watch a subbed movie and keep up with it. But it's a lot of trouble for me to keep my glasses on the action and keep the subs at the bottom of the screen in focus. More trouble than I want to take. So while I don't mind subs I'll take a dub any day of the week and twice on sundays.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If there is an option of having it dubbed, I'd still want to have copies that had the subtitles translated accurately.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    "with the knowledge that Go Lion--the animated series that originally spawned the American Voltron--didn't sell very well when it was brought to the U.S., either."

Should have gotten those when I had the chance. I better get the Dairugger DVD's.

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude, try to be more concise. It took me like 45 minutes to read your post. :mad 

7. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

Exactly.

If it were a live action film, with real actors moving around on camera, then I would be 100% dead set for Subtitles.. but since All. Animation. is. Dubbed. The only difference is what language the voice actors are speaking.

But since I feel every FanDub I've ever watched has just been a bunch of people breathing into mics while trying to sound badass.. and a new professional job is out of the question.. if it meant we could get them here.. then I'd happily settle for Subs.

But I'd never buy a subtitled animated project if I had the option of buying it in spoken English.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    yeah and then we can have half-assed subtitles and replace words with swears because we all know Transformers love to drop f-bombs.

How about this, the current subtitles done on the Metrodome sets get a check over and maybe those could be used?

When it comes to dub vs. Sub you lot can keep on loving your shitty Cybertron and keep loving my awesome Galaxy Force. Seriously reading and watching a cartoon is very, very easy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

:lol 

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Subs > Dub. 'Nuff said.

:lol 

-airfox