Upcoming Warner Brothers animation Projects.

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The World's Finest

Looking forward to Green Lantern (working title) and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (working title). The Btman/superman seems to be bases of the first issues of the series of the same name by jeph loeb and ed mcguinness

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Public Enemies would actually pretty much rule.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Agreed, Flavor Flav was awesome.

4. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    green lantern sounds sweet...hopefully its rebirth...then they can do sinestro corp and then blackest night as a trilogy...

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Green Lantern is an incredibly vague title. What exactly are we getting? Hal's origin (because Geoff Johns re-re-re-running it in the current comics just isn't enough :rolleyes2 )? Something like the Sinestro Corps? Some kind of Corps decimation and rebuilding story like we get every ten years or so? Emerald Twilight and Kyle's origin? Something with John Stewart and/or Guy Gardner? The WWII adventures of Alan Scott? There's a whole lot of stuff that could fall under a GL title.

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I don't really care what it is. I'm just excited to see my favorite Hero getting a movie.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This. GL animation sounds wicked. I hope they get the dude from Angel/Bones to voice Hal.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Green Lantern would be neat to see, although I'd like to see them start off with Hal already established, rather than doing yet another in-depth re-telling of the origin, given that Johns has been beating that to death in the comics and New Frontier basically did Hal's origin already anyways. I'd like to see the first GL animated film be an altered version of Rebirth, trimming out most of the excess baggage (Hal destroying the Corps and wandering around for 10 years), streamlining the story and bringing in Parallax and other Sinestro Corps/Blackest Night stuff.

What happened to Judas Contract, exactly? First it was supposed to be before Wonder Woman, then after Wonder Woman and now it's dropped off the radar entirely. That was the one I was actually looking forward to the most.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

It's written. Warner is just afraid Teen Titians isn't well known enough to risk it.(Sad but true this is their reasoning) There is a petition out on the web for Warner to make it.

10. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

If they go through with GL, I don't want it to be a John Stewart story, he is the most boring lantern ever and I think the only reason he was in Justice League was to make the show more PC.

It would be nice to start out with him being established and go into Emerald Twilight, that would at least leave it open for more. But the way they have been making these movies, they water them down to the least amount possible and make them stand alone movies.

11. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Awe. Some. :lol 

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

As long as they stay away from the Gotham Knight animation on these I'll buy them.

13. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd love to see this.

... and this...

... and this. I could not get into the style of this one and didn't even watch the whole thing as a result.

14. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Shame. There were six shorts all with very different animation. Think "Animatrix".

I do so hope they use Kevin Conroy for this.

15. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Seconded. Aside from the last chapter of that "movie" the animation was terrible.

It really bothers me that DC Animation seems to be taking Batman from the dark and serious Bruce Timm/Kevin Conroy version and going back to, what appears to be in Batman: The Brave and The Bold, the campy Adam West version. It's the old classic design with the blue cape, the yellow oval, the black face mask and the retro '60's go-go music.

I'm also concerned that Judas Contract appears to have been replaced by not only a Superman/Batman movie, but TWO other solo Batman movies. I like Batman as much as the next guy but we're talking overkill here.

A Green Lantern movie is a good start, so is next year's Wonder Woman. The DC Universe is big enough for them to get some diversity out there. Do the Teen Titans. Do a proper Legion of Superheroes movie (instead of that poor excuse for an animated series we got last year). How about the Justice Society? Kingdom Come? Crisis on Infinite Earths? If they have to do another Batman movie, Knightfall might be cool. The Dark Knight Returns? How about some Flash? Captain Marvel? I think a Justice League International movie with Booster Gold, Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Guy Gardner would be hilarious! How about the Martian Manhunter? His treatment in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited is better than just about anything that's been done with the character in the comics. How about some of those Elseworlds stories? Superman: Red Son would be awesome. So would Justice League: The Nail and Batman: Gotham by Gaslight. There's a plethora of material out there and it's a shame that they're not taking advantage of it.

And while I'm griping, they really need to move past the 70 minute time limit on these things. At least 20 more minutes would do wonders for these movies!

I was actually kind of disappointed with Kevin's work in Gotham Knight. Don't get me wrong, he's still my favorite Batman, but considering the different animation styles they went with, I was kind of hoping he'd go in a different direction with the character. He sounded too much like the confident hero from Justice League than the dark and brooding Batman from Nolan's and Bale's movies, which Gotham Knight is supposed to be set in. It might be time for some new blood.

16. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Knightfall would be cool if they moved past that 75 minute run time like you suggested. I don't want another "Superman Doomsday."

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Knightfall would have to be longer than 75 minutes. Be cool if they did the whole trilogy.