Upcoming TF: Prime toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I watched Optimus Prowl's video review of TF: Prime Deluxe Optimus Prime, and it made me wonder if the voyager version was going to have the same transformation scheme? Looking at the pics of both, it seems they may; anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, the pics of TF: Prime Cyberverse Ironhide have gotten me pretty excited, too. Was there anything said about this guy eventually making it into the show and/or getting a deluxe or voyager toy?

This is the most excited I've been about a new show/toyline in, I think, ever. I was excited about Animated, but no where near as much as I am for Prime toys.

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    They are very similar, but no. For instance the grill thing or whatever it's called ends up on OP's back instead of on his arms and the front wheels end up connecting his arms and body instead going back.

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I'm pretty sure it won't. From what I remember, Hasbro acknowledged that the Deluxe was a lackluster toy, and they worked to remedy that with the Voyager.

4. Autobot X

Sweet. If the deluxe is lackluster and the voyager is better, then the voyager is going to be fantastic. While the deluxe isn't like the best toy EVAR, it still seems to be pretty good.

I love looking at all this new stuff and trying to figure out how it transforms. I used to do the same thing with the G1 catalogs as a kid.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, the joys of figuring out how things transform, until you have been looking at the same thing for days. Seriously, Prime VOY Prime is the most confusing thing to figure out ever.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    As much as I am impressed by Voyager Prime(I am blown away by it), the more I look at it, the more I am convinced they could pull off the design without relying on so many cheats. I'm hoping there will be an eventual Leader Prime to pull this off.

There's actually some pretty clever part-shifting in the design that has never been done before for Optimus, so I think it would make for a pretty original transformation.

As for upcoming toys, well they're doing a zombie Cliffjumper, so I wonder what the chances are for a zombie Skyquake. I wouldn't be particularly interested in either, but if there's a market for it, they might as well.

Further toys, I suppose Breakdown will be good. I'm also wondering if they might do off-screen characters. I think the Barricade game design beats most of the actual designs. It is just killer. I also find myself strangely curious about the briefly glimpsed Tailgate.

7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With removable arm, too? :p 

Barricade would be nice, though I'd actually like that Prowl design to end up getting a toy. As for Tailgate, he is actually just a reuse of Cliffjumpers model.

8. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    this

9. Nuubu

Nuubu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Ironhide has a head reminiscent of G1 head but with a movie body, strange.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd love a Decepticon motorbike in the Prime toyline. Maybe Oil Slick, to parallel Arcee's Japanese inspired motorbike mode with a chopper?

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I must say Prime is the first time I'm interested in a line since the Armada one which killed my interest in the series for a while.

Also that Ironhide actually looks a lot better than I thought. Can't wait for him to get a voyager figure.

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Link please. I tried to find the video but all I found was a review of Starscream. It's hard to find anything for Transformers Prime because it's also used in character names so I end up getting pages for every character ever to use the name Prime. :p 

13. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here you are:

:) 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I agree. I'll definitely be getting the voyager Optimus Prime over the deluxe. And I can't wait until they announce a voyager Megatron, which we'll no doubt get eventually.

Somehow I doubt it. It'd just be a gun metal grey repaint with purple eyes. There aren't enough obvious differences like on Cliffjumper.

I also want to see a voyager Breakdown. A deluxe Prowl and Barricade would be nice as well. And maybe they could make some deluxe Stunticons from some of the race cars in Speed Metal. And then there's also the Cyberverse Commander Ironhide, which I'm hoping will make it to a voyager figure.

As for Tailgate; From what I can see in the flash back he appears to be a Cliffjumper repaint, so maybe a repaint of the deluxe figure in a white/grey and marine blue colour scheme like the Generation one toy?

15. Autobot X

It was, and as of this post still is, on the TFW front page.

16. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 TRU Commander

Ebay:
    Ya, I am just so excited for this whole line!!!
    Which, btw, does anyone know when we will be seeing these in stores?
    I'm thinkin December 2011, and I hope so, don't think I could wait any longer.

17. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

December 1st seemed to be the general consensus...I believe that was the official release given by Hasbro.

18. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Wasn't the Entertainment Pack mentioned for an October release; I heard something about that during the flood of SDCC info??

19. sh002

sh002 Banned

i think i'd like to see every character shown so far.

20. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

They both have some of the same transformation, like the chest plate and feet/legs.