Upcoming Smallville Season (may contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devastator001, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

This morning I ws reading an article in the TV Guide about the upcoming Smallville season which starts on September 28. It has mentioned a couple of worthy tidbits about the show. First of all, the Green Arrow will be making at least six appearences in the season. He will attempt to organize something in order of like "justice league" wants Clark to be a part of it. The guy who plays the Green Arrow is the guy who was going to be Aquaman in a defunct, canceled new series. Lastly, Jimmy Olsen will also be a small part of the season, being a love interest for Chloe since the summer intern days. This has the making of being a very interesting upcoming season of Smallville this fall. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Ollie? Boo.. that's just silly... Let me guess Dinah will get her Sonic Scream from some Kryptonite now...

3. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Yeah, and the best part is that there is no Singer to fuck it up.

:ev: 

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait... Ollie as the guy who wants to start the Justice League? Ollie? :sly: 

What's next? Aquaman coming back to Smallville to open a factory that dumps sludge into the ocean? :rolleyes2  (yes, I know that makes no sense as Smallville is nowhere near the ocean, but it's the best metaphor I can come up with)

5. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I haven't read anything that contradicts prior statements that "there is a Season 6, not sure on Season 7 yet." I know Season 7, if there were to be one, would be the final season, so I'd expect some sort of announcement soon regarding this being the final season or not. I wouldn't be surprised for this season to be it, seeing as how much transitioning Clark made last year.

I'm quite interested to see how they get him out of the Phantom Zone.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think its just cool that ollie'll be in it!

as long as they get the facial hair right.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm all for Ollie being in it. Especially if they make trick arrows..

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    go go boxing glove arrow!

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

There is another rumor stating that Brandon Routh will appear in one episode as Superman from another dimention. but this is only a RUMOR!!!

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They need to throw in a young Bruce Wayne.

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

If I recall, they were going to in Season 3 - Ian Somerhalder's character was originally planned out to be a youngish Bruce Wayne, but then Batman Begins kicked into high gear and the character was re-written into the Adam Knight role.

12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:

I wholeheartedly agree, just to see the differing perspectives and personalities between young Clark and Bruce. But, I dunno if the writers are still toying with that idea....or possibly waiting to tie such a cameo into the release of Batman Begins 2, which will be kinda late methinks.

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sept 28 can't get here soon enough...

14. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

Got this from Wikipedia. Never knew it:

"Back in 1998, Warner Brothers Television began pre-production of a proposed television series about a teenaged Batman, tentatively titled Gotham City. Based on a pilot script, it focused on young Wayne, Vicki Vale, Selina Kyle, and Jim Gordon. Alfred Gough and Miles Millar loved the idea and immediately signed onto the project. The project, however, never really got off the ground and into production. Despite the delays, Shawn Ashmore was in talks for the role of Bruce Wayne, and Michael Rosenbaum, who would go on to play Lex Luthor on Smallville, was allegedly cast as Harvey Dent. Because Warner Brothers was working on rebooting the Batman film franchise, all production was stopped for the television series.

Gough and Millar, while preparing for the new series Smallville, were able to incorporate a lot of material from the Gotham scripts, such as Lex feeling neglected and unloved by his father Lionel Luthor (which would have been Harvey Dent's story arc). Clark's insecurity and life's indecisions were similar to the scripted teenage Bruce Wayne, the on-off relationship of Clark and Lana paralleled the intended Bruce and Selina entanglement, and Vicki Vale's search for the truth and embroiling trouble could be seen as similar to the predicaments of Smallville's Chloe Sullivan"

15. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can only hope next season is a improvment on last.

I found most of the episodes slow, plodding and boring.