Upcoming DCAU Titles Following Batman: Year One Are...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Optimus1986, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Justice League movie based on Tower of Babel storyline. Epic. A Superman movie and *nerdgasm* The Dark Knight Returns!!!!

New Animated DC Movies In Development For Justice League, Superman & Batman | WhatCulture!

More on Justice League: Doom:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/animated_features/news/?a=39920

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I like to see a few more non Batman Supermen ones.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm finding myself having trouble caring.

i've seen most of the movies they have made, they started out amazing! but lately they have just been so LACKING!

i think it's because they're keeping this LONG stories in only an hour or so movie.

what made JLU, batman, superman, and the others so great, wasn't just the characters, but the continuum as well.

as long as they keep making them all separate universes they're just not that exciting any more.

i loved the first green lantern film, but the second was just a bunch of boring bland shorts.

how ever i do have hopes for batman year one, but if that movie blows, i am through with Tim.

wow! these are all the ones i did NOT like! :lol 

batman: gotham knights was ok though, there was a few of those shorts i liked. but the rest i did not like, and there they are calling them flawless... :lol 

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    I hope they cast Kevin Conroy as Batman in Dark Knight Returns! His old man Bruce Wayne on Batman Beyond was great! It would be nice to see him return to the character that he's so well known for.

I like that they're doing Justice League : Doom. Hope they can stick to the same style of animation similar to Crisis on Two Earths and Young Justice. At least viewers can see some sort of continuity if they've watched one or the other. Hopefully after this we can see some other great JLA stories like the first arc of Morrison's JLA - the Hyperclan.

Oh and I'm glad they're still using Wally for the animated JLA universe :) 

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Sadly, I am pretty sure Kevin Conroy is done voicing Bruce after Arkham City and I really can't blame him. He's been doing the voice for over a decade. He'll always be the voice I hear when reading Batman's dialogue.

I think DC really needs to do is try to recapture what they had going originally with BTAS: start with a well written show, then have that universe grow into separate shows, then bring them all together into a single entity.

6. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I was kind of hoping for a Sinestro Corps War adaption. :( 

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Hell yes on the Dark Knight Returns movie! I've been hoping they'd do that for aaaages. I'm hoping they get Michael Ironside to do Batman's voice again for it.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Hm? What makes you say that? I don't think I've read anything about him saying he doesn't want to do Batman anymore.

9. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the animated movies have been more miss (AS Superman, Public Enemies, Gotham Knight, Apocalypse) than hit (Emerald Knights, Red Hood) for me. Hopefully with the quality source material we can get more consistency.

Try almost TWO decades, Batman TAS premiered in 1992. And I've never heard that he doesn't want to do it anymore, either.

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

In my eyes, they really can't go wrong with their animated movies. I've liked them all, except Gotham Knights. These all sound great and I can't wait for Year One to come out. October I think.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They're really working through all the classics, aren't they?

*Fingers crossed for "Knightfall"*

12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Personally I never understood why they up and abandoned the DCAU after so long, the 90's cartoons were some of the best DC animated material I've experienced growing up and these DTD films they've been making of late, while interesting sounding just never really looked impressive enough to me.

I caught the Crisis of Two Worlds, or whatever it was called, where James Woods voiced Owlman (I believe) on a Teletoon airing here in Canada, and while I did enjoy it with all the changes in the voice actors and the big name celebrities it just didn't sound or feel like a DCAU project to me.

At least not the one that I've considered to be my primary DCAU continuity.

I really should track down the rest of BBB and JL/JLU's box sets before too long.

And did they ever release Static Shock? Man that was a really fun show from the DCAU and I've never actually seen it released in DVD box set form. I would love to have a true complete DCAU series, even if it means tracking down that one season long spin-off of BBB.

Another thing in my mind, Mark Hamill is the best Animated Interpretation of Joker's character, period. And I miss the old themes and music cues from the BtAS series.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I kind of feel the same way.
    On the one hand, I understand that they don’t want to get tied down by continuity.
    On the other hand, they’re picking stories that deal with the rich backgrounds of the characters.
    I mean, for Under the Red Hood you have a grown up Robin, a dead and back Robin, and you see that Batman has some type of history with Ra's al Ghul.

Plus, with each animated film’s being a different version of the characters I can’t turn off the geek portion of my brain that asks questions like ‘how powerful is Superman in this movie?’

I really wish they would revisit some of the prior continuities in these movies.
    Crisis on Two Earths was excellent, and it totally fits in between Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, but they chose to make it a standalone universe.

I don’t get it.

I believe you.

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking forward to the Justice League one, not only does it have Wally as Flash in it but I think the VA they got fits the role amazingly.

15. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:

I believe that's Mark Hamil's Joker. He has throat issues and doing the high joker voice sometimes hurts. I haven't heard anything about Conroy retiring the voice.

16. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    This "Doom" one's got me interested. Tower of Babel was one of my favorite JLA stories, though I thought it got wrapped up way too quickly. It'll be interesting to see what changes they might make to it for the better.

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Same here. I heart the Flash. I wish they would do a stand-alone DCAU Flash movie. At least a DC Showcase.

While I would love to see Knightfall, it would be a LONG movie. Idk if they could adapt it to the time constraint they're determined to do these in and still do it justice.

18. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Ones I'd like to see

Batgirl year one
    Robin based on the original Tim Drake Mini series
    The killing Joke
    Flash the return of Barry Allen(not to be confused with Rebirth)
    Flash Blitz (Hunter Zolomon Zoom origin)
    Green Lantern Rebirth
    Green lantern Emerald Twilight
    Teen Titans Judas Contract
    Teen Titans (Based on the modern version by Geoff Johns)(Superboy,Robin,Wondergirl, Kidfash,Beastboy Cyborg,Raven)
    Superboy Boy of Steel(Geoff John's Adventure comics run with Conner)
    Superman(and the legion of superheroes)(Based on the Geoff John's run in action comics)
    A movie with the JLI
    Booster Gold(based on his recent role as a time fixing hero)

19. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dennis Quaid as Batman?!?

20. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Where was this stated?