Upcoming concerts you're going to

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickback, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Jux and I are will be attending SEVENDUST on March 21st (with RED, a pretty cool band, check them out www.myspace.com/dropofred ) ...

How about the rest of you? Any cool concerts you plan to go to?

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Toadies - March 12th

I really dunno how big they got on a national level, but they were a pretty big deal in Texas. They broke up in 2001ish but pop up for a reunion every now and then. They're doing 4-5 shows only in Texas. The first one in Austin sold out so fast they added a second. I haven't seen them since '99 when they played the final show at Liberty Lunch, a famed Austin music spot that got bulldozed in the name of 'progress.'

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I remember the Toadies from when I lived in Houston. When I moved away, I didn't hear about that that much, but I never thought it was due to regional constraints.

4. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I heard about the Toadies. But they disappeared. Guess your explanation would suffice why I hadn't heard about them in awhile.

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Kicky you lucky dog! I freaking LOVE Red. Saw them live last year and they put on an amazing show. Definitely keep your eyes on the twins, they are insane!

The upcoming concerts that I will be attending are:

March 12th - Kutless w/ Stellar Kart
    March 23rd - Portable Sounds Tour w/ TobyMac, Thousand Foot Krutch, Building 429 and Family Force 5

And in August there is the Rock the Light Festival. The bands that are going for sure, Family Force 5 and TobyMac. Hopefully I can snag some All Access Passes again.

6. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I heard Sevendust totally blew Slayer away in Providence, RI the other night. As people described it, "Louder and heavier than Slayer could even approach, crowd did 2 encores" and so forth.

RED is a late, late addition to the tour. Two weeks ago it was two crappy bands that have no following. RED is a nice addition, I'll have to grab their CD when I get the opportunity.

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

There was also the fact that there was a friggin' 7 year gap between the first and second album. They toured almost entirely on the strength of '94s Rubberneck for years, with a new songs popping up here and there and at their shows before Hell Below/Stars Above dropped in 2001. Not long after that, they broke up.
    They were friggin' everywhere for a while. When they weren't opening for bigger acts, they were touring regionally a lot with Tripping Daisy, Reverend Horton Heat and other Texas bands. I probably saw them seven or eight times in a 5-6 year span. Now it's been almost 8 years since I saw 'em last. Evidently quite a few other people are itching to see them again...that second Austin show sold out almost immediately. o_O 

Anyway...I'm also planning to see What Made Milwaukee Famous on March 4 and, if I can get the damn night off, Calla on 3/21.

8. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    That's really cool to hear that Sevendust blew Slayer away! Red is a great touch and they rock hard as well. Definitely do, I highly recommend their cd. :D 

9. Jux

I liked what Red had on MySpace. I'll have to check them out a bit more.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    man i just missed muse playing a local gig, on the 25th.

sad, sad, sad :( 

11. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might have to check that out, if they're coming to Florida. To be honest, Portable Sounds wasn't quite as good as Diverse City- but still quite listenable. Toby and co. are great live. I've seen him once pre-Momentum at the Alive festival, then the Momentum tour, and the the Winter Jam tour. He puts as much detail ino his live show as he does his CDs.

I'm also seeing Weird Al this May.

Edit: Wow- the Orlando show is FREE. I'm there. Wonder if TFK will do their 'Unbelievable' cover.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i might head to the Steel Pulse concert tonight (Wed)...might also check out the Ataris on the (March) 22nd

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't go to concerts and I really need to start. I especially need to get out and see all the artists I like that are getting older so I can see them somewhat still in their primes. For now though, just like everything else, I can't afford it :( 

14. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

30 Seconds To Mars on April 2nd. Just bought the tickets!

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I passed on Flogging Molly a few weeks ago to save cash and I've been irritated about it ever since. And damn Kris Kristofferson's prices are outrageous. Since grad school financial aid is killing me, most of my upcoming concerts are local gigs.

At least Atlanta has a bunch of great venues--like this one, about a mile down the road from me.

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

There are a few concerts coming up in July that I really wanted to see but my wife is due at the beginning of july with our first child, so there goes that plan.

17. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Really?! Lucky. :p 

The show coming through town will cost $22. Still not bad though considering how many bands I'll be seeing.

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't believe that for a second. Sevendust > Slayer? Never! Besides, Slayer's touring with Unearth, how did a show with Sevendust come about?

As for my upcoming shows-
    Flogging Molly
    1349/Goatwhore/Natchmystium
    Dimmu Borgir/Kataklysm (though I may roll that into the New England Metal and Hardcore fest instead, not sure yet)

And I'm thinking about seeing Type O Negative but I'm not sure if I'm interested enough.

19. Jux

What day?

20. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last concert I went to see was the Chili Peppers.
    It was good to see them, would have been nice to have actually heard them :(