Upcoming Alternators releases in Europe - got an hour or two?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Okay. To fully understand the problem, I'd suggest you to take a look at the list of confirmed European Alternators releases first, so you can see what a mess we are in already.

At last year's European Toy Fair, Hasbro UK confirmed they were going to release Windcharger, Swindle, Battle Ravage, Wheeljack and Prowl next.

Windcharger was already available in the UK by the time Hasbro UK made this statement.
    Swindle came out in the UK in March (and in half a dozen other European countries as well afterwards, the last of them being Italy which just finally got Swindle a few days ago).
    Ravage popped up in Italy in June and also came out in Belgium in August.
    Wheeljack came out in Italy in June, in Belgium in July and in the Netherlands in August. Neither Ravage nor Wheeljack ever made it to UK stores.
    The UK release of Prowl was confirmed cancelled last June. The alleged reason for this, according to Hasbro UK, was that "British kids wouldn't recognize him as a police car with that deco".

Last July, Shockblast surprisingly became available in UK Argos stores and was also available in Irish Argos stores in August. However, unlike the other European Alternators releases which come in hexalingual, European-specific packaging, this Shockblast was a straight US import and came in US packaging.

That was 2005.

Now we come to the 2006 craziness.

A few weeks ago, Swindle popped up in China in the new "bubble style" packaging. However, unlike the other new Alternators, Swindle was special: The box artwork was replaced by a photo of the toy (a characteristic of European Transformers packaging since the second wave of Energon combiner limbs and all Alternators from Windcharger onwards), sported a weird "2 in 1" graphic (two toys in one, for people who don't realize that the robot depicted on the box is the same item as the vehicle inside the packaging?) inside a prominent arrow (similar to the arrows found on European Alternators packaging beginning with Windcharger), and instead of product code/assortment number, the box just sports the product code (just like the recently surfaced European versions of the Micromaster Aerialbots in "Cybertron" packaging).

Today, Shockblast surfaced in the same packaging style, also "2 in 1". And since the endflap of the box sports multiple languages and lacks a number (a "12" in Shockblast's case), it can now be said with full certainty that this is indeed the European version of the new packaging.

So does this mean Swindle (who HAS already been released in Europe in the old packaging) and Shockblast (who has been available as a US import in the UK and Ireland) are coming out next in Europe?

Wait, there's more.

Franco Villa, who reported the Italian release of Alternators Swindle, also confirmed that according to an Italian store owner, the next Italian Alternators release will be... Decepticharge. Huh?

Still with me? Okay, here comes the real burner:

TFauctions got word from Hasbro UK that the next European releases will be a "Honda Civic" in March or earlier, a Dodge Viper (Sunstreaker?) in March and a Dodge Ram (Optimus Prime) in July. Later, tfauctions would also confirm that the "Honda Civic" was an error on Hasbro UK's behalf, and the toy will indeed be... Prowl. Yeah. Considering the reasons for Hasbro UK to refrain from releasing him earlier, it's possible he might come in a different deco than the US version, although I wouldn't hold my breath.

So what now? Prowl, Sunstreaker and Optimus Prime "confirmed" for the UK, Decepticharge "confirmed" for Italy, and Swindle and Shockblast already surfaced in new packaging?

Am I the only one to believe something's fishy here?

2. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

if prowl turns up in UK police colours that'd be so weird

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yikes. Thanks for taking the time to sift through all the crap to condense it down like that, d00d.
    Personally, I'll believe we're getting another Alternator when I see it, and not before then.

4. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I really feel for you guys. I guess I shouldn't take our relative plethora of TF store stock for granted. How much do you guys end up paying on ebay for a new alt, with shipping?

5. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's pretty damn unlikely, but what if the Prowl in the UK is simply a Alt version of Blue BT Prowl? kids wouldn't have to 'not recognise' his police form....

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if the problem with Prowl was Honda after all they they vetoed Windchargers weapon, and the current RSX/Integra isn't an 'official' Honda UK (or even Europe i think) car.

The 'it's not a British Police Car' thing wasn't a proper excuse. We know it and I doubt Hasbro UK expected anybody else to take it as true.

I'm 99.99% sure it will be the same as the North American version.

While we're in speculative mode... that
    Viper may be one of the other two. Some of us have suspected that Swindle is being 'dumped' on Europe. There may be a glut of Sideswipe in a factory somewhere too.

As for the Civic.I'll wager we (we as in Transfans in general - not just in Europe) *will* hear more about that........ not until Mirage is on the sheles tho. So,that's late summer/early fall.

I think Hasbro UK are going to try a little harder this year. 2004 wasn't a bad year for TF's in the UK market..... but 2005 was a disaster.

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's all starting to make sense now. Scan by Prowlus here.

Silverstreak - old
    Dead End - confirmed by TFAuctions
    Swindle - restock in new European "bubble" style packaging seen online?
    Decepticharge - confirmed from Italy
    Optimus Prime - confirmed by TFAuctions
    Rumble - confirmed by TFAuctions
    Shockblast - restock in new European "bubble" style packaging seen online?

8. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats all good to know.. but i'll believe it when i see it.

And just who's gonna be stocking them anyway?

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...or more specifically in the case of Alt Prowl....... it's still not being released.

10. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

According to the guy i spoke to, Alt Prowl ain't gonna happen in the UK because, Integras are not common in the UK. This also goes double for Scions aswell (sorry skids)