Unwanted/harassing calls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Dark Seeker, May 24, 2011.

1. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok so I know people get these types of calls and its nothing new. However, I've never had one so annoyingly aggravating as one I just received. It came in on the caller ID of "VA MORT PYMT", the number shows as 346-0230. Now.....I don't know what the heck that is, and I've tried my best to ignore it since they've called me numerous times already. Today, after a really annoying conversation with these guys, I google searched it and came up with results that apparently, this company (with number 727-346-0230 likes to call people and NOT leave messages. By chance if you do answer, its sales reps using high pressure sales tactics to get you to refinance your loan (if you have a government backed loan/ VA loan).

Well guess what? I made the mistake of answering. This young lady was extremely pushy. I tried to tell her I wasn't trying to consider refinancing (even when they told me rates plummeted down to 3%). But she kept pushing. Finally I said "no." So then she says she'll transfer me to someone that can "better assist me," but doesn't ask me if its ok. She just transfers me anyway. This dude gets on the phone and HOLY CHIT MAN!!!!! This guy was even worse! This dude was like an annoying dude who asks a female out on a date, gets told a flat out "NO" and STILL KEEPS ASKING! Finally I told him this was not cool that he had to be so pushy about it even after I've told him multiple times...."NO." He denies it, and then "pushes" some more. I had to hang up on him.

Anyone else gone through this? Especially any of you currently active duty folks or veterans?

2. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
  3. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Oh believe me...I already did! The moment I had my number activated, that list was the first thing I added my number to!

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Tell them that if they call you again you will view it as harassment and contact the authorities.

5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    ^This

6. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Oh....their supposed supervisor got an earful from me after I called them back from my cell phone (using *67 so those bastards don't get that number too).....I know all about that "do not call" procedure. But somehow....these pricks still keep calling :banghead:  Hopefully this time....they actually will take my number off their calling list.

7. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Explicitly state that you will contact the police and file charges. Be very clear with the words "harassment", "police", and "next time I am contacted by your company".

8. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I simply do not answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. Leave a message or GTFO.

9. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Beast

If I were you, I would have hung up on their asses

10. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Aernaroth has got this locked down, OP. Take heed.

11. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Well...here's the funny part. Believe me when I say I know that route very well. I've used it in the past and was very successful.....but the moment I started with that spiel, they cut immediately "well we're just trying to help out veterans....and we do want to thank you for your service to our country...." yadda yadda yadda.....(I wonder if they know guilt trips don't work on me?)

Its just frustrating. You would think.....a word as simple as "NO" would be understood.

Well....seeing as I work inbound techsupport....and seeing as how I get belligerent people all the time....I was trying to be nice and understanding about it. But I guess I shouldn't have?

12. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Tell that woman she can best help out veterans by spreading her thighs for them.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    :eek: 

14. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Ask her her name, and the name of the company, tell them if you are contacted again, you will go to the police. Do not allow them to get a word in edgewise, hang up when you are finished talking. If you hate getting trapped in their spiel, take control and do not allow yourself to be caught.

15. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    True.....darn this call center training....heh. Like I said, I was only trying to be nice because I know how its like when people just flip out on ya. But man....these guys were really pushing it.

16. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

The one time that I did that and they started in with teh whole guilt trip thing, I actually happened to have the yellow pages in front of me. I flipped to the lawyers section, and said that they could now expect a call from **insert name of the first ad I saw here**

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Exactly.

The next time I'm stupid enough to answer the phone when I don't know who's calling, I'm just gonna talk hella dirty until they decide to fight another day & hang up. I mean, I like Seinfeld's method as well of asking if he can phone them back at their house, but this seems more entertaining, regardless of their age or gender.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just start a random conversation. Discuss how frustrating it is not being able to find Windcharger at local stores. Tell how a local scaper always beats you to the Shockwave figures & you hit 2 walmarts on the way home but the manger won't bring a case out.

Just confuse the hell out of them.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When TM's call like that and they're stupid enough not to take NO for an answer...just tell them to 'hold' while you get someone that is authorized to talk to them...then leave them on HOLD for freakin' ever--it costs them money and ties up their lines...they won't call you again!! I've done this a few times, it does work.

Let them get pissed, not you!!! :D 

20. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Hmmm......good idea! Maybe I'll take that one tiny step further and put the phone by the computer speaker while I search for random pr0n clips. That'll give them something to listen to :D