unsure about botcon toy set

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gen1fan, May 13, 2010.

1. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if I'm the only 1 that feels this way or not but I true only want the following breakdown, streetstar, the pin. Clench is a maybe. But know for. Sure that spark and sky byte. Very questionable if I will buy any of the addons for my private collection. So far rhe only botcon set I have keep as a whole has been the 07 seeker set. Out of the other set I sold off the 05 & 06 sets. With the 08 & 09 set a keep a few firgures that I liked. True I'm not impressed with this set. With registion still not up and we have under 45 days til the con. I'm wondering if the toys will be there at all. Cause we still don't have the club freebie and it just got push back again. So I'm wondering if botcon 2010 will even happen

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

English, use it.

Anyhow, if you're unsure about the figures, you could always purchase them to see if you like them or not. If not, sell them for profit on eBay, preferably shortly after the convention.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The attending figure is almost never announced. They did in 08 but, no other year. Simple thought...if you don't want the set, don't order one.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    You could always sell the figures you don't want to other members here on the boards. For example, if you don't want the Sky-Byte figure, I'd be willing to buy him form you :D 

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i would kill orphan babies for this botcon set

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the demand for this set is kinda flat. I'm on the fence about buying the loose set for resale. I might not make much on it. I didn't even bother last year and I still have cash tied up in some of the attendee toys I can't move.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Well that's hardly appropriate. Even for American born citizens, English may not be everyone's first language. Dogging on someone's disregard for proper grammar is one thing, but don't make fun of a language barrier. Especially when they clearly tried.

Anyway, to the OP:

You said you've bought the '08 and '09 sets and just kept the few figures you liked out of them. I say do the same with this set. Keep what you like, sell what you don't, and use the money to buy Attendee figures that you like.

8. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paladine's from AZ. So...

And I agree with Kusanagi. Keep what you like, sell the rest.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I was really hoping for a G2 set with repaints of Starscream, Ramjet and Sideswipe. I'm fairly lukewarm about the set overall, but I really do want Clench and Spark. I was excited about Breakdown at first but now I feel like if I get it great, if not no big loss. Streetstar wouldn't be bad to have I suppose. Skybyte I really couldn't possibly care less about. I'm still setting the money aside to get a non-attendee set but I'll just have to make the final decision once the site will allow non-attendees to register.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL I noticed. I'd have cracked a joke, but thought that might push the line into trolling. Even if it would've just been in jest.

11. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i hear you man...

btw, which figures do you still have?

oh man... that's a good one... :thumb 

as for me, i'm thinking about buying one boxed and one loose set... i'm not really into the second set as profit, so if i sell it for close to what i paid, i'll be happy... and if this set just bombs, i'll hang on to it for awhile... maybe when TF3 comes out prices on toys will go up again...

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not to excited about it now either. Breakdown is the only one that I really want.

The 08 set to me is the best, 07 set is second.

BUt yes, all this botcon slow moving stuff is def giving me time to dispute buying it. hopefully the addon's will be good.

13. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I've probably asked this question before but, where do you even get the non-botcon attendee set?

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    if you're not attending, you can buy it online a week later from FP... at least the box set... everything else you gotta hit ebay for...

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Or the Junkion. I have Razorclaw and Elita-One for sale there.

16. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might be the first box set that I don't pick up. Only characters that I care about are Breakdown, and Steetwise. Honestly if I don't get those 2 it wouldn't bother me. Really only want Gnaw.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me, it's:

Breakdown = very yes
    Spark = yes
    Clench = sure
    Sky-Btye = eh
    Streetstar = eh

My conflict is between buying the whole set and getting a decent value/cost ratio, versus buying the two or three figures I want on ebay for a lower net price but also a lower value/cost ratio. My feeling is that post-Botcon, Breakdown will resell in the high double-digits to low triple-digits, while the love/hate for the rest of the figures will keep their prices in the mid-to-high double-digits.

18. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in any from this year set. It's all good, eventually I will track down some of the older ones I want. Like Botcon Leozack and Botcon Scourge. Don't worry gen1fan, Botcon will happen, I can guarantee it. :D 

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I am a whore for the classics molds, so I am happy with 4/5th of the set. I would have preferred a bagged set so I could sell the sky-byte, but my best option was getting the whole box from a friend who is going. I have gone back and forth on breaking it up (even though I won't even have it for a couple months), and don't think I will be able to bring myself to do it if all I am selling is one figure and (possibly) the box itself.

I really hope they give a couple more classics molds as attendee add-ons. What is the general price on the attendee only figures? I need to send the locals down with some cash if there is a Ramjet/G2 Sideswipe/other classic molds.

20. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Okay, so the following are in the Box Set:
    -Autobot Spark, Breakdown, Clench, Skybite, Streetstar

And the attendee exclusives are:
    -Gnaw, Rapido, Slicer

Are there any others that have been leaked or are these all of them that we know of?

Me too... a complete slut for 'Classics'.

I'm also praying for the last hour Black Sideswipe & G2 Ramjet. The attendee figure prices went something like this:

Deluxes: $30ish
    Voyagers: $40-$50ish

Depends how they're bagged and how you breakdown the attendee sets. Usually a deluxe with a Voyager.