Unreleased Headmasters

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    So most of us are aware of the fact that Headrobots "Snake" was based on the artwork of an unreleased Headmaster shown in a book. My understanding is that there were more than just the snake. What were the other ones, and what was the book? Are there any pics online of them or will I have to buy the book? If it's the Generations book, which volume? Thanks in advance.

2. WHEELSABER

WHEELSABER Well-Known Member

I heard the same thing, and actually seen pictures myself of some of the unreleased prototype toys that were made. I can't remember for sure if it was in the "generations" book or the recently released "vault" book from hasbro, but I know that I seen a mantaray or stingray type headmaster. Can't remember if he was an autobot or decepticon either, but I hope to helps your search in some way.

3. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    They're in "The Ark: a complete compendium of character designs" by Jim Sorenson and Bill Forster.

There's a Cougar, Crocodile, Black Banded Sea Krait, Chameleon, Buffalo, Bear, Jackson's Chameleon, Iguana, Wolf, Rhinoceros, Alligator, Bull, Gliding Lizard, Dugong, and of course the Cobra.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was a lizard, headrobots had the prototype at tfcon last year, saying it wasn't getting released, too bad, I would love to get them all

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Are there any pics of the headmasters online? The book doesn't look to be cheap and not much about it appeals to me other than that. Seeing line art for animation models doesn't thrill me unless it's for abandoned characters that never made it into the cartoon.

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Jim updates his site, Disciples of Boltax, with Ark addendums of extra stuff that couldn't be squeezed into the book or has come to light since. I have no idea if the Headmaster designs are on there or anywhere else on the net though.

I'm cool with posting the odd pic here and there (and Jim and Bill like to share information), but there's three pages of the Headmaster designs, possibly a bit much for IDW? Mods: Any advice?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I actually found a pic online, but I won't post it unless the mods give approval. Only two pages worth though, and I'd have never found it without the key words you provided.

8. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is a scan of one of the pages.

I'm attaching the pictures and concept art of the Iguana that Headrobots considered making.

Attached Files:

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They should make the wolf. I want them to make that wolf. That wolf RULES.

There's another page besides that one as well, with a manatee headmaster and another chameleon I think.

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should make ALL of them

Head robots needs to keep making these but pick more current toys that they could link up with but include the g1 adapters so you can us them on vintage toys

For example do one of the lizard heads and have them fit the numerous repaints of this mold
    Overload (2009) - Autobot - www.tfu.info