unreleased beast machines megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tfmx8, May 17, 2012.

1. tfmx8

tfmx8 questor for the prize.

News Credits:
    BigBadToyStore.com: News as I was looking at this list of figures many unreleased, I noticed this "ultra beast machines megatron. Perhaps a larger version of cloak/dragon mold or an optimal megatron figure?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The listing sounds like it could have been a two-pack of the Mega figures, sold together at the Ultra price point. Just my guess.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Considering Megabolt Megatron wasn't on there, I'm inclined to say that any Ultra Megatron was likely scrapped early on in favor of the deluxe and the Transtech Ultra figure. I'm also doubtful we'd get anything too impressive, it likely would have ended up a reworked version of the original Transmetal II figure (ie, the mega figure concept applied in the Ultra pricepoint).
    I suspect Obsidion's deluxe figure got pushed back to accommodate the deluxe Megabolt Megatron effort. Considering we never did see anything of Obsidion while both Cerebrus and Megabolt ended up released in RiD...probably got left MIA when Transtech was scrapped.

"Optimal Megatron" was certainly not going to happen, IMO. Too much conflict with product marketing, though Takara listings pointed to them considering doing the figure with their 2005 Beast Machines effort.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    There was only ONE Beast Machines Mega figure, the other Megatron was deluxe, and at the time, Ultra figures were $20. Costs don't line up, nor would it fit Hasbro's methods of the time.

5. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

the ultra class tm2 mold retooled/redecoed? The show practicly begged for it to happen i mean cripes look at this scene From BM:

Beast Machines Megatron - YouTube its purely the transmetal 2 with wings that cloak around his body to form the rest of the control harness

6. tfmx8

tfmx8 questor for the prize.

News Credits:
    An update, I recently conversed with Aaron Archer through Gmail about this megatron listing and he confirmed an ultra class version of the mega dragon was in development

7. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Its probably what eventually turned into Cryotek.

8. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would of loved to see that! Love the Dragon version of Megatron.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Beast Machines Mega figures:
    Cheetor
    Tankor
    Megatron (dragon with cloak)
    Rattrap
    Blast Punch Optimus Primal

But yes, selling 2 $15 Mega figures at the $20 Ultra Pricepoint would not have been the plan.

If you're saying BM Megatron dragon/cloak was a 'deluxe' due to the common complaint of him being smaller than most Megas and seemingly more like a deluxe in size, that's one thing. But he was sold in a box, not on a card, and at the Mega pricepoint, not the Deluxe pricepoint.