Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Barricade in general is the only character I was interested in all the movies, but unfortunently as awesome as he is, I just cant find a place for him as a stand alone amidst my collection.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Hollo!

Not really toys per say, but it's something I noticed.

Y'know that complaint about AOE designs not looking like they turn into anything?

A good chunk of the 86 Autobots don't look like they turn into much, either. Ultra Magnus? Does he look like a car hauler? Springer? He look like a car and a helicopter? Arcee? Heck, what about Perceptor? Or Cyclonus? Or Galvatron?

• Like Like x 5
  3. AMG

AMG Old School

While the bot mode is very bad, the Armada Sideswipe mold has a very nice alt mode. I have Oil Slick and I think it looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Ultra Magnus doesn't look much like a car carrier in his car carrier mode. Perceptor always kind of just tucked his head away and sat with his arms up and we called it a microscope. The '86 guys were almost all based on futuristic or alien vehicles, so technically they don't really have to look like they turn into anything specific in any mode, just... kind of sort of something. Can you prove that the back of that cannon isn't just Galvatron's legs smushed in? That he's not just doing weird pushups with his cannon stuck to his pushed in head?

Granted, nostalgia can make you happily ignore any flaws or things done back then that you hate when you see it done now...

5. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:

That's what turned me away. I was totally gonna snag him, but those creepy bug eyes of his. Ugh!

I wonder if it's possible to take off his head and replace it with a more normal head?

• Like Like x 2
  6. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I have another one: Some Generations toys are better than the 3rd party masterpieces that came out, at least so far (Springer, Sandstorm, Warpath, Kup, Blitzwing - yes, I really like the gen Blitzwing!)

• Like Like x 3
  7. DBarricade

It is. It's on a ball joint that apparently is just the right size to fit a Titan Master in head mode. I've seen pictures of Titan Master Overkill stuck on the body in the Titans Return appreciation thread.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Venixion

Venixion So-Cal Girl

News Credits:

How cool. Thanks. Maybe I'll get him after all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Here's one. Titans Return Galvatron, without mods, is as close to perfect as I've seen Galvatron (within my price range), and I find him a perfectly satisfying figure. Also, I will never get tired of Megatron being his Titan Master.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kane prime

Kane prime Active Member

Generations roadbuster is brilliant

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

I really like Masterpiece Bumblebee...but I wish they'd found a way to keep him at the Legends class scale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Checkout this post by Burnout00012.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GhostCenturion

GhostCenturion Well-Known Member

I don't like TR Topspin. I think he's probably the best deluxe in the line, but he feels too generic to me. The colors work well, but are sort of overused. And there's pretty much nothing to tell me that he came from a robot. I usually like at least some frontward kibble, like a cockpit chest or some wheels. It's just nitpicking, and it's not the fault of the toy, because that's how the G1 version looked. I just probably won't get it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Cybertron and animated got the best plastic.

15. GhostCenturion

GhostCenturion Well-Known Member

I only own a few animated figures and maybe one Cybertron figures (Never watched Cybertron and I guess I didn't have much Animated interest when it released), but they've held up well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DBarricade

I think the complaints about plastic is (mostly) a bunch of hippie-dippy baloney. Construction has changed, but the plastic itself isn't really any better or worse. And this is coming from someone who loved Animated and still has a number of the toys.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Diecast G2

News Credits:
    I think the only plastic I've experienced that was significantly different would be T30 Whirl. He even smells like a different grade of plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DBarricade

... what are you doing to be able to claim that toy smells like a different grade of plastic? Why are you sniffing your toys' plastic? I don't think you need to sniff 'em to get your plastic crack fix... :lolol 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Diecast G2

News Credits:
    I appreciate the humor, but incase you're serious, I've worked with plastic totes and some of the ones that were completely recycled (and supposedly more durable) had this weird smell that overpowered pretty much anything. I couldn't really describe it. Like... Fatty bacon and really hot rubber mixed with a touch of hot pavement? Best description I got.

Anyway, Whirl supposedly used a different type of plastic for his knees. And he has a faint, slighty similar smell to those particular plastic totes, but no where near as offensive.

If you don't believe me, just go pick him up. He's got a scent. Well, I only purchased and opened mine about a month ago, so if you've had him open for two+ years it might have faded more. You can find other posts on the internet about it, so I'm not alone.

:bay 

20. DBarricade

I'll just have to take your word for it, as I've had Whirl open for years. I do remember having a couple of Small Soldiers toys back in the '90's which had a weird smell to them that never really went away, even up to the day I finally decided to let them go.