Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Both Mp 10 and Mp V3 of Optimus work. It all depends on if you like toy or animation. Either can be a definitive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I actually agree a lot with the arbitrary holes argument. 3P exists solely to fill the gaps fans have a need to fill due to collectors' desires for completion.

The good news is for everyone, and perhaps an even more unpopular opinion, is that between Takara and 3P the G1 MP line is actually about done now. Better versions might come out in the future to replace what's now available, but really a lot of people are going to start jumping off the MP train.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    images.jpeg

Comfy Bots. Robot diapers.

Convinced?

~L~

• Like Like x 4
  4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    That's like saying "If you are a fan of Batman, you HAVE to appreciate the Clooney film." which is demonstrably false.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That was not sense.

6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Not necessarily. If one honestly finds nothing to enjoy about the movies, they shouldn't be forced to appreciate something they found no pleasure in. I say this as someone who admits to enjoying The Last Knight.
    Please no. I'm invested in Transformers mainly because I'm invested in the characters. No matter how good a series without Bumblebee or Optimus Prime or Ratchet is, there would always exist that hole, that empty seat at the dinner table, that forces me to acknowledge that someone is missing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Clooney films didnt save the franchise.

With out them we'd be in the same boat as gi joe

• Like Like x 4
  8. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Bay films didn't save OUR damn franchise. Bringing in easy cash and casual viewer exposure does NOT equal saving the franchise. BW is the closest to that, and even THAT is debatable as the JP portion of G1/G2 was still eking along when BW came into it.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I'm not sure exactly how unpopular this is but it seems pretty unpopular based on the opinions I've seen from others.

I like Generations Blitzwing. Yeah I know the shoulders suck but for a figure that just sits on my desk they don't bother me that much. TR Blitzwing on the other hand.... Why doesn't he have three Titan Masters?

TR Galvatron isn't that bad. I would rather he wasn't a headmaster but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it seems to bother other people.

I like both PotP Optimus and Rodimus. I actually like Rodimus a little bit more but I still like the Gimmick. This one doesn't seem nearly as hated as the others I've mentioned but I've seen enough negative comments to feel like this is unpopular.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Darkshift

Darkshift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If a franchise is on the decline, it sure as hell does.

• Like Like x 5
  11. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t think this is true. Maybe save is not the right word, but I think it probably triggered a wave of nostalgia that brought a lot of older fans back into the franchise while introducing kids to it

• Like Like x 8
  12. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

As a huge fan of the classic Volkswagen Beetle design whose heart always skips a beat upon seeing well-kept models in various colors, I don't think I could get enough MP Bumblebee recolors, regardless whether they make sense as far as the franchise goes or not. Bubblegum pink, cobalt blue, amber, pearly white, metallic bronze, burgundy, indigo, metallic dark green, turquoise, teal, just gimme! I should probably just learn how to paint figures properly though.

I love it when 3rd party companies come up with their own TF based characters (like Fansproject Steelcore or Unrustable Bastards), and would love to see more. For the most part I'd rather have an excellent figure of a character with a blank slate than a decent one of a character I like.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Combiner Wars Devastator might just be the best Combiner I've ever owned.

• Like Like x 6
  14. G1Prowl

News Credits:

Were you even ALIVE when A/E/C was happening? That's not what I would call "in decline".

Then save is NOT the right word, "generated lots of quick cash for all parties involved that quickly petered off" would be more accurate.

This, but with ANY CHUG repaint. I'm very fortunate I never collected Star Wars figure, I'd have chased down EVERY different colored droid ever made.

• Like Like x 3
  15. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, this is the unpopular toy opinions thread. Let's leave the movies themselves out of it.

---

Now that I have...well, almost all of the currently released SS figures ('cept Lockdown and Jazz but I don't think anyone's seen them in the US)- I still say Optimus is too small, and really feels out of place in his own toyline.

I'm not too terribly upset about paying $20 for Jazz, and I think the size is absolutely perfect considering both modes.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Jazz is slowly sneaking out - according to the Michigan Sightings thread a comic store near me allegedly had a few earlier, and I've seen people on Instagram with them. Not sure how exactly but he seems to be on his way.

17. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I hate that Combiner Wars Menasor, Defensor, Computron and Bruticus got their designated colored feet and hands, but Superion got black, and Abominus only got the pink feet... I’m not a fan of the Terrorcons getting armor that matches their individual color scheme and not the pink ones they should have gotten...

How hard is this shit to get right?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tking22

Tking22 Active Member

I know you already backed up on this statement and said you were making a broad sweeping statement, but it doesn't make it any less ignorant. People always like to think they know how everyone is thinking, and how they collect, without actually knowing anything. While I'm sure some do buy up third party just for completion sake, not everyone is blowing that kind of money just for the sake of it, I'm not made of money, I'm not buying up figures just because, if I think a figure looks good I'll buy it, I won't if I don't, simple as that. I always thank third party for being an alternative to official if I don't like what Takara put out, shocking news, not everyone is happy or willing to settle for what Takara makes, as I said, I thank third party for giving me an option to a character I might want, but a figure I don't necessarily want. Likewise with MP-11, horrible looking figures and I'm not willing to settle, thankfully there are third party options. I'm not just buying these because I hate money or can, I want them.

I'm guessing this statement above can be considered another unpopular opinion, so this thread is still on track.

• Like Like x 2
  19. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    ...so in other words, you still buy them to fill holes in your collection when you don't see a suitable official option.

• Like Like x 5
  20. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    They're basically printing money for 3P with this. If they are smart, there'll be some option to get the Computron style extremities color matched for the other combiners. But Hasbro doesn't cater to us directly, so that will never happen.