Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new Evergreen toys revealed aren't a bad thing at all and make sense.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    Mine had the same problem with the mushroom pegs. The left fist on mine also was warped and couldn't hold anything til I took a drill to it. If it wasn't for the QC I would genuinely love that figure.

3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's pointless wasting a ton of money on figures that you maybe are never going to touch again just for a "nice" display or showing off your collection's progression.

But to each their own.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Also, i consider both being a neat toys and incredible robot modes, but, the alt-modes for the mp-36 and mpm prime do one of the worst jobs hiding the robot kibble.

5. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the Takara Roadbuster and hes pretty solid for me,however if they were to come out with a better one down the line,I would not be opposed as some of the design elements on this one were a poor choice.

6. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Soundwave's amazing robot mode makes people cough and ignore the fact that the alt mode only needs to be a box, and still manages to look terrible from the back.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I agree. I also think Soundwave's upper half looks amazing but I've never liked his legs. They look stiff and clunky and his silver feet are not accurate to anything in G1. I would love an MP Soundwave with grey feet with knees that can buckle and toes that can point upward.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Thank goodness for T30 Arcee!

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    You know that can't always happen. Besides, the box-sets were going to be repaints except for the clones. Nautica was never going to be released in the box set with her own completely new mold, deserved or not. Plus given the limited number of new Deluxe molds in Titans Return, excluding repaints and remolds, Nautica isn't deserving of taking a new mold toy from one of them. Be grateful she was remolded, that's more than some other toys get.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I would have been perfectly fine without either of them in the line at all to be perfectly honest. (and in fact don't own either) Probably a very unpopular opinion, but hey, this is the thread for that kind of thing. But hey, sticking the name Nautica on a purple Blurr with VTOLS stuck on might mean she'll get her own mold at some point.

11. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Also, I want to kill anyone who says thrilling 30's skids is a good color for the toy. Yes, I said toy, get over it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    The tabbing issue for MPM-4 Optimus Prime isn't as terrible as people say it is. It's possible to tab the vehicle mode without leaving gaps, the robot mode isn't affected by it, and it certainly wasn't the worst wide spread QC issue I've seen on a Hasbro/Takara figure (I'm looking at you, TR Typticon). I still think the designers should have designed the figure to be easier to transform in the first place.

I'm not a big fan of the price tag on the Takara release of the Titans Return figures. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't want to pay for 40 USD or more for a better painted TR Deluxe figure that only came with an extra Titan-Master, while I can get a bigger Leader class figure for less money.

I don't like the HFTD Battle Blades Optimus Prime figure. I find the transformation is annoyingly fiddly, the leg is incredibly skinny compared to the upper body, and the figure just isn't all that fun to play or pose with compared to AOE Voyager Evasion Optimus, or even the 2007 Voyager Movie Optimus figure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hardbomb2

Hardbomb2 Member

Ratchets>Swivels

• Like Like x 2
  14. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I like the Armada gimmicks even though it affects robot and/or vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DBarricade

I always figure that the extra bulk lends itself well to the idea of extra storage space for his (likely ill-gotten) goods.

• Like Like x 2
  16. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Swindle is taking Quakes place in my heart by the day, who would dare say he is too bulky? He is correctly bulky!

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DBarricade

Why stop there? All the speculation threads are pointless, honestly. Then again, it's probably better that people have a dedicated place for their speculation than to clutter other threads with it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

They are like fine art. Nothing wrong with admiring them. You don't go around touching and fiddling around with a painting ;) 

That's why I have a grip of chugs that I can play with and some like my minty g1s that stay behind glass.

• Like Like x 1
  20. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the Hasbro main line's play patterns over most of the 3P toys these days, so my unpopular opinion is that most 3P works better when they develop add ons for play pattern integration rather than doing entirely separate toylines (exception held for MMC and Planet-X at the moment).

• Like Like x 4