Unpopular toy opinions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

The Headmasters gimmick in Titans Return sucked. I ended up with so many floppy-necked Deluxe bots because the connection parts were too damn loose.

I really don't want to touch the official figures anymore unless they have ball joints because I can easily tighten those up. Pin connections and ratchets on the official figures have been consistent disappointments.

2. Hubcap

Hubcap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, agreed, but not so good for my wallet and quite difficult to hide them all:p 

3. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's already been said a couple pages back, but the fact that Jazz doesnt have a MP yet should be considered a crime.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

I dont find ROTF Leader OP's transformation very difficult, was tricky at first but after the first couple of tries I never had a problem

I also really like CW Sunstreaker, dodgy waist and everything

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I somewhat agree here. I'm excited to have an official Sunstreaker, but BadCube's was pretty good-looking. I also really liked that they matched the real-world look of MP-12, unlike Takara's version which looks more like the cartoon. I'm really hoping they give us an alternate version at some point, since buying a replacement Sideswipe to match makes far less sense.

And meanwhile, I've never understood the love that HA Bee gets. I think he's too blocky, his arm panel seats look awful, his head looks dopey, and he's not screen accurate at all.

Same here. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. I find Leader Sentinel to be a far worse offender, personally.

• Like Like x 2
  6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm the opposite...i enjoy leader sentinel's transformation far more than leader rotf prime

• Like Like x 2
  7. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Funny, I would've preferred if he had an IDW body to go with the head :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  8. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am in agreement with ROTF Prime,hes an absolute pleasure to transform,never had an issue with him.

9. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I only ever have trouble getting the chest pieces in and out of the Mech Alive slides. Though I don't find Sentinel Prime to be that much of a chore, personally, either.

10. mAk

mAk Well-Known Member

I think TR Triggerhappy is overrated. I mean it's nice, but I don't think it's that great.

• Like Like x 4
  11. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    That part is scary, but I've learned the easiest way is to slide them back to the corner of the section they're in and actually tilt the chest pieces out ever so slightly towards the sides while pulling up. Never had a problem since.

12. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    The transformation is indeed well engineered, but I think that the figure just isn't all that fun to play with. Maybe I just sometimes has the mentality of a 7 years old, but I just don't want to spend 5-10 minutes transforming a figure.

Sunstreaker (And the Breakdown mold in general) is my least favorite among the CW Deluxe figures, but the figure also has a bunch of positives. The vehicle mode looks awesome and sleek, the headsculpt is good, and both the arm and leg mode isn't all that bad.

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The CW Sunstreaker/Breakdown would be decent if they made the legs transform like the other carbots, which don't have huge gaps in the legs that can be seen a mile away. Wished someone would have made some Shapeways filler pieces one could put in there to cover those gaps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I like painted rims, but unpainted rims don't bother me.

• Like Like x 8
  15. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Alright, I got one...I think the CW Onslaught mold is absolutely awful. Between the pin-joint arms that hold anything heavier than a feather and can't be tightened with nail polish, the puny little cannons, the alt mode that looks like nothing, the ugly grey plastic on the chest piece, down to the thin, almost chalky plastic used on the rest of him, it's just a god awful design. The torso mode...is okay, but damn did Has/Tak mess up on my favorite Combaticon. I would actually say he's my least favorite of the three base Combiner Wars torsos, I have no idea why they decided to use it the most.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Backbeat

Backbeat Well-Known Member

I skipped out on all the MP figures cause I don't like dropping near 100 dollars on individual characters. Classics to TR is better in my opinion. More figures and more distinct designs coupled with a cheaper price and smaller size.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    MP-09 Rodimus is a great Rodimus, even Hoodlum won't surpass him, maybe in quality build, but not in everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i actually like the beast wars 10th anniversary optimus primal and megatron figures. i like their deluxe size class, their techno organic take on their original modes, and i think the addition of their ships in mini form was cool.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I prefer Hasbro to complete groups before starting on another. For example, I want to see Scorponok first so that I can complete the set of Fortress Maximus and Scorponok. Omega Supreme is a standalone so he can wait.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not a big fan of using clear plastic on car windows and such. Most of the time they just reveal folded up robot bits anyway...

• Like Like x 9