Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Picking things apart is not the same as having high standards.

2. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Oh, I'm not saying the majority of boomers are bad at all. There's just a stubborn minority that acts high n' mighty and drives me absolutely bonkers.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Going to leave this one.... but you guys know not the bring the POLITICAL ATOMSPHERE in here... that includes whining about those who gave birth to the current generation and those who gave birth to them..... and they might just know a few more things about life, work and hardships than the younger folks. :D 

No Politics, No Name Calling, No Insults.... keep it CIVIL please.

4. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    What dog alien? There was no dog alien in Alien 3. There was an ox alien though. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  5. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this technically counts as an unpopular opinion but better safe than sorry........*deep breath*................I actually liked the film adaptation of Into The Woods.

6. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I hated the movie "Saving Private Ryan". Such a realistic war movie wrapped around the most hackneyed, cliche'd plot tropes it could find. I like realistic movies. I like big dumb popcorn movies. But to wrap one inside the other... the juxtaposition hurts my brain.

7. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Oh, good call! Had to look that one up. I never knew it was originally supposed to be an ox. That is actually a pretty well made scene too (the original ox chest bursting one).

It definitely didn't move like an ox though. And it's still my favorite xeno, even if a Bovinae. ;) 

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Thanks! In the novelization the ox scenes make more sense, the Xeno was much larger in the book. I dunno why they changed it in the film, I know the Director's cut has it be ox-born, among other smaller differences in the film. Fun fact, the Xeno was meant to be played by a Saluki in costume, but the effect was just too goofy, so CGI was used instead.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

I've always loved waluigi, he will forever be my go to while playing mario spin-off party games, I desperately wish he was a fighter in smash bros!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I really despise it when online-based artists say stuff like "DO NOT REPOST MY ART WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION!"
    People on the Internet complain about stuff like strict copyright law enforcement. Remember SOPA? That's the stuff I'm referring to, but when fanart artists demand pretty much the same extremely close-minded treatment for their works which are technically infringing in the first place, they expect to be understood? This is a thing I cannot agree with, excuse me. Being reposted with proper credit NEVER hurts an artist, it expands their audience, which supports their growth.

Generally people who are for "fanart protection" attempt to use the defense that "You should always ask before using it!" Which I think is BS. A popular artist would get hundreds of mails with that question a day at that rate. Don’t you think those wouldn’t get overwhelming to answer after some time? I know I would get sick of it quickly! Where is the logic in that?

A popular artist, in my honest opinion, will always, want two things: The enjoyment of their audience, and the recognition of their audience. These are BOTH things that can only be provided if their art is reposted with credit!

If you keep it from being spread, you cause more harm than good, especially to yourself. For an irrational fear of somehow suffering a non-existent disadvantage in becoming more known, you hinder yourself and shut off endless possibilities that could open to you due to becoming more known online.

When people take a stance like this and call it “Fanart Protection”, I just find that stupid.

• Like Like x 3
  11. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have difficulty with social interaction, don't have a lot of friends, have never had a girlfriend and may never...

...but I still like Valentine's Day. Do not get the hate. Love is certainly something worth celebrating.

12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    While still a cute film, Mary Poppins didn't age well, in my opinion.

13. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Bulbasaur and Squirtle are both cuter than Charmander and better starters as a result of it. (They both actually do quite well against Brock, too, so if you don't want to go a hunting and minimize grinding, they are pretty handy.)

14. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Back stories are overrated. Far more important than back story is characters making sense in the present day context of books, shows, and movies. Some of the best characters have little to no back story, and some of the worst characters have their back story constantly brought up in fiction.

I'm not opposed to back story, but it's not important for every character.

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'll give you Squirtle since he's viable against Brock, Blaine, Giovanni and Bruno plus if you can teach him Ice Beam he becomes viable against Lance. Bulbasaur sadly is fucking useless past Misty: in fact Grass is probably THE red-headed stepchild of all Pokemon types.

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Gordon you're a really useful engine and I love you but you talk shit 'bout my bulbaboi one more time and I will railroad you all the way down to the dark pits.

In the meantime, I'm not that fond of Harley Quinn.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Donald Glover is highly overrated.

18. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I really hate the MCU and what Marvel is becoming right now.

I watch a few of their properties but overall I really do not care for this and it's mostly a combination of their constant repetitive formula, underdeveloped villains and overzealous fans who think these mediocre superhero films are so amazing that it's literally just straight up fact.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Oh man how I have missed Meta777 and Gordon the tender engine.

I kind of like Harley Quinn but some people woobify her too much.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    See that's the shitty thing: I like Bulbasaur. He was Ash's most hardcore Pokemon before Charizard showed up and he could rumble with the big dogs, but the mechanics of the game basically screwed him since by the time you hit endgame he's weak to so much stuff that keeping him around as Venusaur doesn't seem viable. I could work with Sceptile since he was a hit hard, hit fast Pokemon but by and large, the fire and water starters have longer staying power.

Seriously, old Bulb needs a dual typing at Ivysaur onwards, something to give him a harder chin.

Yeah, I like Harley Quinn but she's a tragic comedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.