Unpopular opinions you have about the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shadow25, May 22, 2017.

1. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Curious and Creative Man

Why don't fat people just redistribute that mass to get buff?

I'm sorry but we don't really know how this kind of thing works amongst bots. It could be something simple as choosing that form... or may have to to with his innate programming, how he was built, age, or some other process. I don't think they'll ever address the fatness thing on film (that would be rude.) It's no less probable than him looking buff and probably more likely overall; why do giant alien robots have forms resembling ideal human forms, anyway?

In a meta sense, why must designs always be an athletic build? They don't necessarily work like humans, so they don't need to look tough by human standards but be tough by their own. Designing them with different body types can only be a good thing, as it adds an extra option in details, allowing the cast to stand out more from each other. For a while, I had to distinguish Hound as "the fat one" to those not in the know, as they would take "the big one" for Optimus or "the green one" for Crosshairs.

This might seem off color from someone who said they prefer humanoid designs. Yes, that's true because not only are they more expressive (which helps me a ton) but they make it easier to talk with other people about by relating features to that of humans—

Me: "Remember that green one with the goggles?"

Other: "Oh, yeah! Nice car, but he was an asshole."
    vs.
    Me: "Remember that big guy?"

Other: "Optimus is the only one I remember, except for green guy, samurai, fat guy and Bumblebee..."

Me: "Not Optimus. He was green and had a round face."

Other: "Er, yah talking about Hound?"

Me: "No, he has beady eyes and a round face and you can't see his mouth."

Other: "I was able to see the fat guy's mouth through his beard."

Me: *Gives up* (I was trying to talk about Long Haul.)

But this doesn't mean that I am against the non-human designs at all. They do have their merits. They make the designs visually diverse, just like fatter/skinnier/motif-based/different vehicle based designs. I do wish the Autobots and Decepticons looked like the same species, however, with better distribution of funky bug-like features and human-like features.

Now, the long coat thing, I am not sure. While many things can be explained by alien anatomy, this seems to be an outside feature but, he may have been built and/or programmed to have that as a physical feature he can't shake off. My theory here would be that Transformers can't reprogram anything that might dramatically effect their height and overall build with some mass redistribution allowed, but this is all speculation (that may have been contradicted) and probably will never be addressed on film.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Just for future reference, I was NOT trying to fat-shame Hound or anyone else. I just think robots with paunches seems as silly as robo-facial hair.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edwardmus Prime

I should clarify as well: I wasn't addressing you as if you were fat-shaming Hound. I simply don't find a fat robot any more silly than a buff or alien one, as in there isn't really any reason why they have to resemble the "normal"/good looking humans if they resemble them at all.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  4. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Ok. But personally I prefer more alien designs, like Berserker and to a lesser extent Barricade.

Why is your text so large?

5. Edwardmus Prime

My browser has a glitch or something that makes my text big. I used to think it was a display problem, but now I realize that it's truly big and I haven't figured out a solution to it.

6. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Well your text is normal now. :) 

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

I prefer most everything about the movie universe post-DOTM: Quintessons, the presence of Transformers that are neither Autobot nor Decepticon, humans and Transformers not being on the best of terms, neither faction being in their best of times, the mainly new human casts, the more visually expressive robot designs and more emotional robot voices, Dinobots, robot Knights, humans using technology to fight Transformers whether they are KSI's Transformers or TRF's mechs and drones. And I say that as someone who really enjoys the first three movies.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Bumblebee's a fun character, and probably one of the best in the whole movieverse.

9. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

I know most hate it but Starscream flailing about saying "I'm gonna kick you!" in DotM is one of my favorite scenes.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Bayverse Bee is incredibly lovable

- The first half of ROTF is terrific(everything up to and including the forest battle). Minus the over-the-top humor it's a lot of fun.

- AOE's final battle > DOTM's final battle

- TF1 Mikeala and Tessa were good characters

- I had no problem with the more humanoid designs of Hound, Drift and Crosshairs.

- Starscream's death was fitting and that's coming from a Bayverse Screamer fan.

- These movies (cept TF1) need to be shorter.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  11. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

Crosshairs is just poor coloration, IMO.

There is a fanmade pallet swap of him in his G1 colors and it makes him look so much better IMO.

[​IMG]

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    That's not an unpopular opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff TFW2005 Supporter

These movies need more combiners or power ups- and not just for leaders like Optimus or Megatron, but it would be cool to see lower-ranking characters combine through some technique- like what if they introduced Powerlinking? I'd love to see 2 movie-style bots powerlink- plus imagine the kind of toys we'd get from that. ^_^

14. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    DotM is the most overrated sequel IMO. I don't hate it--there are a lot of cool scenes and characters in there--but...I don't know, there's something about it that just doesn't click with me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    No offense to whoever made that picture, but those colors are incredibly ugly.

• Like Like x 3
  16. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

But I like green better and I'm not just saying that because green is my favorite color.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Those are the original Crosshairs toy colors.

18. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Felt like saying this.... But people sometimes exaggerate the level of bad Transformers movies are in.

• Like Like x 2
  19. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    That doesn't make them any less incredibly ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Toad84

Toad84 Well-Known Member

Ron and Judy should theoretically like the Decepticons. Ron is a tightwad and they basically gave them a free trip to Egypt.