Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    I won't do anything newer than the classic Universal black-and-whites. You know, the old before-to-shortly-after-WWII stuf with guys like Claude Rains, Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney.

I'm not even sure about the Hammer stuff with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HunterMk4

HunterMk4 Member

I like E-102 Gamma more than E-123 Omega.

3. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Scrappy Doo is a worse character than Jar Jar Binks.

• Like Like x 3
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    At least Lucas had the presence of mind to reduce Jar Jar's role as the films went on.

5. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Movie Scrappy or Cartoon Scrappy?

6. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

It's not so much that, Scrappy serves his role as a self-insert with no redeeming qualities. Let him get beat up and he fails his role. Let him win and the mystery is ruined. Jar Jar's character of being annoying can work if written properly.

That dog's not Scrappy, the dog in that movie is a prick and doesn't resemble the original character at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diamondback

News Credits:
    I think the Denzel Washington take on Equalizer was a botch. Washington is a great actor, he would have made a fine "Equalizer The Next Generation" as a protege taking up where the original left off, but there is only one true Robert McCall...

[​IMG]

You can't just erase the past--admittedly, I may be biased because in the aftermath of a catastrophic nervous breakdown a lot of the Woodward McCall's psych profile and personality were used to put my head back together... and sorry, but I just don't see DW having quite the same pithy delivery on lines like "Don't make me do something that *I* will regret and *you* won't live to."

8. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Didn't Senator Jar Jar vote to allow Palpatine emergency powers (which he then used to take over the Republic and turn it into the Empire)? :D 

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Okay, Lucas had the presence of mind to reduce Jar Jar's SCREEN TIME. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Mega Bloks/Construx is better than lego. :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Diamondback

News Credits:
    HERETIC!!!!

In all seriousness, they each have their strong and weak points... Lego's superior individual-part engineering is canceled out by their annoying holier-than-thou virtue-signaling like "we don't care how much you'd pay for it, we ain't making anything that we think is 'warlike.'" And then they go and make one of the biggest "mass-murderers of the skies's" signature weapon, intricately detailed down to the finely rendered 7.92 Spandau machine guns... (I refer to the Red Baron's Fokker triplane.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I vastly prefer the mini figures from Mega Bloks to LEGO. If they could make articulated mini figures of every property I like would be swell... do wish the heads were more customizable, however.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    LEGO is really hypocritical when it comes to what they will and won't make in regards to war and weapons. And, I hate to say this, but much of the fandom has this "holier than thou" mindset.

I have seen some wickedly cool WWII MoCs though.

What do you mean? More than just swappable helmets?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Wasn't even aware that you can swap helmets now instead of them being built in. That something they implemented?

15. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Truth, brother, I got tossed out at Eurobricks because of their "Thou Shalt NEVER Question the Infallibility of the Holy Brick" dogma. It's less a fandom than a religious cult... and re hypocrisy, it's also interesting that they have a license for the entire Jurassic Park franchise, but they're only doing sets from the two Jurassic World movies and every time the classic trilogy is brought up it just gets a BFFY even though they KNOW they have a ready-designed line that will sell like hotcakes and all they have to do is convert the game models to real bricks.

They just don't seem to get the concept that if they refuse to make products people want to buy, people can and will spend their disposable income elsewhere, and doubly so with how they've jacked up their prices into the "luxury brand" tier.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AutobotAvalanche

News Credits:
    Mhm! The brand as a whole just isn't fun for me anymore. I was really enjoying things up until about 2011, that's where I started to see a change. Too many new smooth and curved pieces and too much detail on the minifigs for licensed sets that make me wonder why I shouldn't just buy a regular action figure version. And now those same licensed themes have dominated their offerings, and the original themes just kinda pump out the same stuff year after year.

17. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Heck, the amount I WOULD have spent on LEGO in a year back at my peak (back when they were doing the Indiana Jones line along with interesting "own themes" like non-Disney-POTC Pirates, Monster Fighters, not-same-regurgitation-every-year-or-two) has almost paid for my Mk 18--and the factory version is a two-thousand-dollar rifle even before you add all the special Federal taxes because of its short barrel! (Mine, while not subject to NFA by virtue of being built as a pistol, is a bit more because of using hand-selected components adapting the CQBR concept to my own unique needs... just three pieces, between the barrel, bolt-carrier group and rear folding mechanism, cost as much as an entire entry-level .223 rifle, and that's even with me buying scratch-and-dents, clearance and otherwise exploiting sale prices.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I believe some of the COD sets have detachable helmets, as does the new Colonial Marine. Oh and so do the Brutes and Elites.

EXACTLY! I hated my brief experience with Eurobricks. I was boot'd out because I pointed out the hypocrisy that LEGO is willing to do alien invasions, pirates, ninjas/assassins, ray guns and more, but won't do any military sets. Which I bet would sell very well to collectors. And don't even get me started on the lack of good Jurassic Park sets! I would love to have the Jeeps, mobile command center, tour vehicles, and the various InGen vehicles from the movies. But what do we get? A couple of generic trucks. You have rights to the brand, LEGO, take advantage of it.

And is it just me, or have they gotten a little ridiculous with re-hashing older sets? I swear every couple years I see shelves full of another Tie Fighter, Y-Wing, X-Wing, A-Wing, Sandspeeder, and oodles of Jedi Starfigters. The sets have also gotten smaller while the prices have risen dramatically.

19. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I really do not give a shit about Game of Thrones or Walking Dead.

• Like Like x 13
  20. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Me too. I don't get the big deal.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.