Unpopular opinions (Non Transformers only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sort of related to this point, but I think the US ratings system is way too broad. 13+ and 17+ are a bit too far apart for some games.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    The movie rating system is broken too, movies that a few years ago would be rated G are now PG because there's one instance of "f*ck" being said. And they do that intentionally, so that they will get a PG rating, because G is see as nothing but "kiddie flicks".

3. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    ??? They have never allowed F bombs in G movies. Or PG at least since PG-13 was instated. The rule has always been PG-13 gets one F word use. Any more than that and it's R.

4. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    I never said they let them in G movies.

Unpopular opinion: Chocolate is the most overrated ice cream flavor.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  5. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Am I missing something here?

• Like Like x 1
  6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Okay, Let's let the Movie ratings go... they are what they are and honestly, it's not a big deal if a word or two changes the rating.. it is what it is and either you want to see the movie or take kiddies to them based more so on the overall content, not just the rating... Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Sorry. :oops: 

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    No worries...Thank you... :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Your welcome! And thanks! See ya around. :) 

10. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Thanks that was getting a little old.

Also what annoys me is how more and more reboots on cartoon network are taking the teen titans go route instead of the samurai jack route and after that's gone we'll never get a good reboot like that again. Frankly how much cartoon network has been messing up lately because of TTG.

• Like Like x 3
  11. NotRamjet97

News Credits:

Chocolate's friggin' bitter for some reason. Just...why? Isn't it suppoed to be sweet? Heck, Dark chocolate is sweeter than chocolate ice cream

Not really unpopular, but TTG just needs to go away. That's the only thing that "Ruined FOREVER" really applies to. Not to mention, dunno how accurate it is, but I think I read they will straight up cancel/move shows to accommodate TTG. Not to mention it's...not really a kids' show.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  12. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i consider it a gaming sin when a horror games does not have teddy bear in it...

13. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    And lets not forget the fact that they dedicate almost all their advertising to that show and every reboot they've done since has been the same style.

Unpopular opinion of the day:
    Despite my TTG rants its actually not the show specifically that's ruining cartoon network its my opinion that its bad decision making centered around a cash cow that's ruining cartoon network.

14. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I liked Kylo Ren more before I saw TFA. He turned out to be just some lame guy with daddy (and granddaddy) issues. I don't really care enough to learn why he had some kind of a teenage Sith rebellion.

They need to stop making every prominent Star Wars character somehow related.

You can tell they are just trying to turn a buck with the franchise now. It's no longer about making an actually good story.

RO was good though. I want more SW movies like that. I wish they could scrap the TFA continuity.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mark

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I agree. The reality in TFA basically implies that the OT rebellion was almost pointless the more you think about it. And as far as everyone being related - Didn't Lucas state that the mainline SW films are basically the story of the Skywalker family? Not that Disney is necessarily beholden to that but still.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

Isn't that what they say about Star Trek once upon a time? As a whole, I mean.

Unfortunately, that's as bloody likely as Spider-Man: One More Day getting retconned.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  17. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Chocolate is supposed to be bitter in its pure form. Popular opinion of chocolate been sweet is derived from the fact that most (fabricated) chocolates are having a vast amount of milk in them or sugars and additives to sweaten them. People just ignore or outright dont know it :) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Nah, I think Kylo is the first villain since Vader to actually be interesting. I have to admit I laugh at the tantrum scenes and love using gifs of them as reactions whenever I read about some news that pisses me off, but he's one of my favorite characters in the saga alongside Yoda (still my favorite Star Wars character ever), Clone Wars 2003 Grievous, Palpatine (UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAH!), BB-8 and Salacious Crumb (that little monkey lizard dude in Jabba's Palace who was always laughing). Also, he's supposed to be a wannabe Vader, someone who's living in the shadow of a much more imposing villain and trying to be like him without understanding what made Vader who he was. He's basically an in-universe example of Misaimed Fandom.

Maul, Dooku and Grievous were meant to represent different aspects of Vader. Maul was the ruthless minion of Palpatine aspect, Dooku was the fallen Jedi aspect, and Grievous was the "he's more machine now than man" aspect. However, since the Prequels were the definition of mediocrity (again, I don't find them to be awful like most Star Wars fans do), they didn't have as much depth as Vader or Kylo. And hell, I think Vader would be as controversial as Kylo (if not moreso) if our first exposure to him was in ROTS and not ANH, since his very first scene would be, well...

... Yeah.

The only thing from the Prequels I like aside from the fact they spawned two excellent Clone Wars cartoons is how downright hilarious Palpatine was in Revenge of the Sith.

Seriously, Ian McDiarmid was having so much fun with the role. He's the best part of the movie by far.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

There was some good things in the prequels. I think they should have been done entirely different though, but that's me.

Anakin should have become full Vader sometime in episode 2. They should have skipped his childhood and just had him as an adult Jedi in 1, wrestling with the dark side.

3 should have been all about Vader stomping the shit out of the Jedi and all who oppose the Emperor. (Vader, not Anakin.)

3 movies with Anakin was way too much and a waste of time.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  20. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    The Clone Wars was the best thing to come out of Star Wars. Period.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.