Unopened cases PVCies ACT 1-8 Worth anything?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transmetropolitan, May 19, 2008.

1. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I have a couple unopened cases of Acts 1-8 of the PVC line that came out in Japan 6ish? years ago and am wondering what they might be worth. I'm 99% sure the first 3 contain NO chase figures, based on the sticker letter on the bottom of the box. I need some moola and am debating whether or not I should part with them. I also have the chase figure for Dirge, which is darker, richer, overall better than the HOC version released here and wonder what that may be worth as well.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'd say sell the popular guys individually. The others throw in a lot.

And use the Junkion Exchange, people are always looking for plastic!

3. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    The price on the PVC craze has drop.
    I remember buying the chase figs for 100+ on ebay and yahoo japan.
    Not anymore.
    The line is dead indeed

4. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    If you have a colred Scorponok, I want him.

5. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would take an unopened case of Act 5 (looking for ghost starscream!)

So there was an indication of the chase figure on the bottom of the case boxes??? That's news to me.

I actually just bought an unopened case of 12 act 5 recently for around $75. I thought it was a decent gamble to try to get one of the 3 very rare and expensive chases in that set. Of course I got the shitty clear black zarak

6. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    maybe oneday i'll complete Metroplex and Black Zarak... I'd like to get all the ones i missed but funds are kind of tied up atm...

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wow, so I must've gotten lucky when they came out, because I was buying the 12pack boxes, and ended up both with a colored metroplex and a colored black zarak. I got to the point where I was just figuring that every case had all of the build-a-figures in it.

8. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every case had some form of chase, be it the piece together figures or the single packed exclusives

9. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

not entirely true, each act had 5 case variations, 1 with the coloured collect a figure 1 each of the 2 normal sized chases, and one 1 case of the clear/pweter build a figure and one case with no chase in it at all.

at botcon this year there was a seller selling cses of act 3 for 20, then later 10$ each. (i wish i got more then one case at that price)

wave 1 was always pretty tough to find back in the day, but with heroes of cybetron releasing the figures in a non=mystery package it greatly reduced the value of the japanese figures (especialy ones like skywarp dirge etc etc) heck one of the chase figures (paradon medic) ended up being a shelf warmer and is still in some stores today ;-)

still i'd happily pay 20-50 for certain waves just for the fun of opening them.

10. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good info there

11. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for all the info and emails everyone. I'm currently undecided on what to do cause I really, really dig these things. I'm leaning more towards keeping them since they won't fetch more than what they cost back upon release (~$40?). I would be very interested in trading for myclones though.

OFF TOPIC RANT:
    Comcast bought my previous internet provider, Insight, and made me change over to their email address. I fought it. I did it. I want them destroyed. Everything is out of sync.