Unofficial Photographic Archive Volume 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by brr-icy, May 11, 2017.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pledged!

2. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus TFW2005 Supporter

Good luck fellas! This looks like a wonderful project and a well put together kickstarter too.

3. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Looks amazing...

Then looks at the price shipped to the UK...

$177? Erm no. Sorry. Would love to back, but that is just too much.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And pledged! Looks amazing guys! Very best of luck to you, fingers crossed this gets funded!

5. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    pledged shipped to the Netherlands. I've been a fan of your work and buying this book will hopefully reward you for all your great photos!

iDD

6. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Pledged as well.

7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I remember hearing that the collectors guide to Transformers book, by Rick Alvarez, ran into some trouble with Hasbro, who possibly blocked further iterations as it encroached on their IP. weird, as IMO, "pics of old TFs" is hardly the worst affront to Hasbro's IP these days, but at the time, it was supposedly encroaching on their legal standing with regards to owning the rights to show pictures, or something?

If that is true, how will this book fair?

Also, KICKSTARTER? Nope.

8. B13

B13 Well-Known Member

I wish that I could only purchase Vol.1 and have it shipped to Canada. Too bad, looks like some extra-great work!

• Like Like x 1
  9. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    So it's basically a new version of the Cybertronian: The Unofficial Transformers Recognition Guide series from years back?

10. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun TFW2005 Supporter

Pledged! I can't wait!

11. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I'm in.

12. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to support this project but I can't will we get our money back if this project doesn't get enough funds to get this through I will not through my money away if there is no guarantee we don't get every cent back if this project doesn't get passed I will buy it if it gets passed but not before sorry not unless there is guarantee

13. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus TFW2005 Supporter

That's a sensible concern to have but you should know that they stated on the kickstarter page that they won't take anyone's pledged money unless they reach their funding goal. That gives me confidence that they intend to complete the project and are being smart about getting it done. But it's always a risk when you pledge on kickstarter.

Also, if you look on their kickstarter page you'll see that they have very concrete details on the size of the books and other specifics. They seem to already have thoroughly put a lot thought and work into the project.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

Ebay:
    Capture.JPG

Kickstarter is all or nothing - if it doesn't reach it's goal, no money is taken from you. And no money is taken until the campaign finishes - so you pledge now but not pay until it's over.

Assuming the project reaches it's goal - then your money is taken. After that...there is always a risk, however unlikely, that the project DOESN'T get finished.

I've backed 60 projects on Kickstarter, from PC games to comics, and only one has ever been cancelled after being funded, and the people who ran it gave out refunds (it was a $10 pledge i think!). Yes, one time, I had to wait nearly a year passed the date the project gave as being the 'release date', but I still got what I paid for.

I like this campaign as there isn't loads of stretch goals and random extra tat to eat up resources and money, or a silly low target amount which seems to be the trend recently (e.g. comics that are already written, drawn and solicited via Diamond and so effectively already produced and paid for..but hey, the creators want some extra $$$ up front as a bonus and to put into making random coasters,stickers, pens and the like!).

Anyhow...good luck to the guys on this :) 

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    This is an incredible project. I am sure most people have seen the creators of this project's photography skills on this site for many years, and they are all amazing. If you are new to it, there are some great samples of this project on their FB page, which is definitely worth a follow: Ocular Echo

My copy will be filled (hopefully not for more than a year or two) with post-it notes to help catalog figures and parts I am missing as I try to complete my G1 collection. It has been a great project to watch, and cannot wait to add it to my collection. Such clean pictures of what has been shown so far.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

i dont know what to do. i want the book but dont agree with the whole kickstarter thing. i honestly dont think it will reach its goal. not trying to be a be a negative nancy. sorry guys.

17. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...the idea behind kickstarter's patron model is that if you think a pledge is worth its asking price, and you believe that the project team and funding target are sufficient to successfully execute your pledge, both parties' risks are mitigated before any money is committed and something gets made which would otherwise be just another unrealised idea...

...if a project doesn't reach its funding goal, no money is committed by either party and everyone walks away safely...

...i've backed a lot of successful kickstarter projects and these guys have done way more homework than most: their project is essentially ready-to-go other than $50,000 to pay for final production, an automatic success if they can find enough buyers willing to commit...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. I love that your photography will take a physical form.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Pledged for both books!

20. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I wish people would read before posting. If it doesn't reach the goal you don't get charged. It says so clear as day on the page.

• Like Like x 5