Unlike Cliffjumper, there's no guarantee that he's gone! Stasis-mode anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Topic title, you know who I'm talking about. He hit the ground, hard, his eyes closed, but they do have a stasis-mode which is what a coma is like. The bottom line is, until we SEE and HEAR a confirmation of death (like Cliffjumper) then we shouldn't assume that they are.

2. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I said this in my pervious comment about Skyquake.... I think he just went in to Stasis-lock and needs major repairs like Megatron.
    I think they wouldn't waste such a good design.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    one of the producers have confirmed that cliff is dead adn wont come back once they kill a character it will stay dead for the entire series

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    That I agree on with Cliff but something that big and that tough can't die that easily.... This is not Bayformers.... (Cough Devastator cough cough)
    They may say when something dies they are dead BUT in this case.... Its more likely he is in Stasis-lock like Megatron.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The status lock from Beast Wars would be a great idea for Transformers Prime. Characters can be taken out and stopped without always having to kill a character to stop them or the character turns tail and runs.

When a character like Cliffjumper died then it would seem like a huge event rather than eh it's something that happens all the time.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They should use Stasis Lock in Prime. It saves us from killing off new charecters.

But Cliffjumper is still dead regardless.

7. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus: "
    Had Skyquake strayed from his masters path, we would not be burying him today
    "
    That's a pretty good indication Skyquake is dead. I think people need to start drawing the line at what should be considered official confirmation of a characters death and what isn't. Their are still people on these forums who think Cliffjumper can or will be resurrected. We know for a fact the creators aren't interested in resurrecting anyone who dies on the show and I doubt, over the course of the war, Optimus Prime still doesn't know what a dead transformer looks like. Skyquake has passed on. Not a simple case of us, the viewers, being mislead by the writers.

8. Ash from Carolina

Actually it's only confirmation that Prime thinks Skyquake is dead.

Now at first that might just seem like a little quibble but think about what else happened in the same episode.

Everyone thinks Megatron is dead. Starscream thinks he's dead, Prime thinks he's dead, there isn't a single character that says hey Megatron is still alive. When it's detected that he still lives it's only Soundwave who detects it. The troops don't call in saying they got a life sign, Ratchet doesn't detect it with the Autobot equipment only Soundwave detects it.

After Skyquake is "killed" Soundwave hangs around. So you have to wonder why is he hanging around? It seems safer to leave than watch Prime and Bumblebee bury a dead Decepticon.

It also seems a little too convenient that a medical bot like Ratchet is replaced at the last minute by Bumblebee. Almost like they didn't want a medic there to confirm that Skyquake's spark had been extinguished and he was nothing but a lifeless shell.

I'm not saying that Prime was wrong and Skyquake can't be dead, but it does seem like the writers might have left themselves a good bit of wiggle room in there to perhaps cast some doubts on it. It's not like zombie Cliffjumper getting sliced up and blown to bits kind of dead.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To add to your theory - Soundwave was lurking nearby. If the Autobots left the body alone, if they signaled Fowler and left before his team arrived, Soundwave would surely have retrieved the body.

If nothing else, he'll come back later as some kind of Dark Energon monster.

Bottom line though, I'd love a toy of him. Awesome weapon and great design. Also BIG.

10. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron being alive was given, from the vague off screen death to the fact he is one of the most popular, and biggest characters in the franchise, he's never had the bad luck of dying so shortly in a series, permanently.

Optimus and Bumblebee had no knowledge Soundwave was still around, and we didn't see him watch them bury Skyquake, The next time we see him, he's at the Decepticon mothership attending Megatrons wounds.

Ratchet not going had nothing to do with it, it was more to do with Bumblebee's conversation earlier in the episode with Raff, I can't recall perfectly but it was about not being a full soldier, or something, and optimus somewhat disagreeing?

Skyquake is as simple as your gonna get with character deaths on the show, don't think everyone will get the cliffjumper treatment.

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Actually the scout and Warrior classes are nods to the WFC game.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, noticed Soundwave is quite the lurker..that's all he's doing lurking and recording :sly2: 

I think for now, Skyquake is out of the equation..yep, some Dark Energon could bring him back..there's always that chance.

13. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

Personally I have mixed feelings about TFP's lack of fear to kill characters. The dreads aren't drones. they just look like them, and now we have 2 unique character deaths. It seems to me that too much death makes it nearly as inconsequential as no one ever dying. They have already said we will meet more cons than bots and I would prefer it if they would flesh out their forces rather than be cannon fodder. The show is amazing so far and I am excited to see where they go with it. I am hoping to see more people, even if they are little throw away builds like from energon, I actually liked those guys.

14. Ash from Carolina

Killing off characters also carries some risk of running off fans.

Many years ago for some strange reason Devils Due thought it would be a good idea to start killing off Cobra characters in the GI Joe comic book. Instead of fans jumping on board because of the gritty realism fans started jumping ship because they were afraid if one of their favorite Cobra characters showed up it would just be to get killed. Then they made the mistake of killing Lady Jaye for no good reason and the fan exit really got crazy.

Fans are strange creatures that often want to feel apart of something. When you start killing off characters some of those fans are going to feel rather alienated. Instead of excitement at fan favorites showing up you get dread that the character is just going to get killed.

Even on a new character like Skyquake there is a chance of unhappy fans because chances are some fans out there are going to like the new characters.

Or if you want another example of over playing the death card look at how Heroes lost fans as they over played the death card in the later seasons so there was no attachment to new characters by the fans for fear of the new character is just going to die.

15. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Erm, this Skyquake did seem to be a bit of a nod to his toy-only G1 counterpart, and there's some attachement involved, even if it was just the same name. As opposed to Lockdown in TFA.

Just to point that out.

16. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon Clods.

Word. You can clearly see the lineage the new Skyquake model has with the old Euro-G1 toy, what with his orange-on-green colour scheme and prominent forehead crest. I'm quite certain that's more than just a nameslap.

And I quite agree with what you said in the other Skyquake thread, Fez, about what a shame it is that an obscure character like him gets to be in the spotlight, only to die. ;_; Here's hoping that he really is in stasis lock; I agree with the folks sayin' that his "death" scene looked kinda ambiguous. Sure, Optimus talked about "burying" him, but the scene conspicuously cut away before we saw anything of the sort, plus other Transformers in this show have survived worse than the crash he was in. Jeff Kline went on a lot about making sure it looked very clear when characters died, and I'm just not seein' it here...

17. Cyclonus86

Cyclonus86 Wrecker - Wreck 'N' Rule

News Credits:
    I love that Tf : Prime is going with "if their dead their gonna stay dead". It makes their mortality and the bots are being in constant threat interesting.When one of them dies there actually a real sense of loss in that we wont be seeing them anymore .We can mourn for them.

On the other hand take a look at comic books, their characters death are a joke and more like a vacation or hiatus for the character.Death have loss all meaning is just a trivial matter. Kudos to writer for having the balls to takes death seriously. As adult i feel it brings some maturity and realism even for a kid show.

18. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I hope Skyquake stays dead.

19. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I hope we see more than "they're not moving now" confirmation of the new episode's character death as they occur, though the "robot kibble bumps" under skyquake was interesting to have.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Personally, I'd love for Skyquake to not be dead. In fact, even though Prime says that they're going to bury him, that's not really as effective a means of disposing of the body when the guy being buried is a Decepticon. As in a robot that doesn't need to breath, unlike humans.

I for one think that it is cheap to kill off another new character, especially since this one is only the fourth named Decepticon in the entire show. Plus, consideing Skyquake could shrug off laser blasts and used a chaingun as a conventional firearm, there's no way simply crashing into the ground could have killed him. Seriously knocked him out into stasis again maybe, but the guy was clearly meant to fly from the get-go so being able to die from what could have come about as an accident simply makes no sense.

Also, if it comes down to wether Skyquake or Cliffjumper gets a new toy, it sure as hell better be Skyquake.