Unknown PowerCore Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by S250, Jan 20, 2010.

1. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving the concept for sure! The designs look alright, but hard to tell with the glare. I'd love to see the head.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The first picture states that the mini-con does indeed have a robot mode. Its in the list of 4 things the mini-con can become.

3. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet! The reason I got into the series to begin with was because of the minicons. These sound like enhanced minicons that are basically targetmasters/armor. If the figures themselves do no sacrifice basic features for the sake of the gimmick and the engineering is improved, I will have to buy truckloads.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    As opposed to Sam "nononononononononono" Witwicky? :lol 

-F. "and a transforming minicharacter with gun and armor modes reminds me of Brestforce" Lager

5. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Get it? Huh? Huh?

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm curious about the small blue ports he's got on him...and how that'll interact with other figures in the line... but i dig his look so far, can't wait for more, hopefully toy fair shows us some details...

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks to be a good Transformers line already! I'm in! :D 

8. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the design aesthetic and really want to see what the legacy characters will look like in this line...

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, the Mini-Cons are back! Glad Chopster has so much integration with the main bot, I hope the others are like that. No idea who the main bot could be though, probably a brand new character or a namesake at best.

10. Archangel_B4U

Archangel_B4U Well-Known Member

cool the minicon looks cheaply made but guess that is normal

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Really too bad about the glare as it would have been nice to get a better look at the robot mode. The sort of standardized hand sort of suggests a bit of of the pre-movies look but there are also a few elements of a movie look so perhaps the line will have the hybrid look. Fingers crossed that the heads will have a nice look instead of something crazy.

As far as gimmicks go it's one I can live with. You get a weapon for your robot and a second robot as well so not a bad deal. I mean it worked really well with Universe Cyclonus so I think it's pretty cool having the small robot turn into something useful like a weapon instead of an undersized vehicle.

12. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    My thoughts exactly.

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i'm excited about this line, that 'bot looks great and it looks like they are doing a much, much better and more logical execution of the minicon concept (and, for that matter, the Energon Weapons from Energon) then Armada.
    i don't know, from what we can see so far from this fellow and Huffer, it looks like they made a good 'bot first and then applied the concept to them ~ looks like this Minicon just plugs on top in vehicle mode like any number of TF weapons over the years, and i think there is a flip-pout plug on his chest for the minicon to attach too in armor mode (which i'm guessing will just be the axe with the handle flipped up/retracted)

In short, based on the limited evidence so far, it looks like the gimmicks are additive rather than subtractive. (not to say i'm not nervous like you are, the ghosts of Armada Minicon and the Energon Powerlinx gimmicks still make me twitchy)
    Minicons were a good idea, just a mostly terrible execution (and i LOATHE that name ~ Micromasters is so much better, i wonder why they can't/won't use that)
    I don't think he's actually chickenlegged, i think that is a semi-optical illusion caused by the design and the pose (looks like his Knees might move slightly past straight up and down like Classics Prowl can)
    assuming he is somewhere between Basic and Deluxe (going more by what we saw from Huffer) i think he looks to have fairly standard articulation ~ although that pic makes his hips look suspiciously static. I just can't imagine them making Armada level mistakes in that regard again though, articulation has been good to great from Cybertron forward. (even most of Energon)
    oh, good catch ~ i see two at the top of the shoulders and 2 off the legs ~ i wonder if those might be attachment points for more weapon-mode minicons?
    LMAO. Exactly. Jeez, Armada was terrible

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    they don't have any vehicle modes of their own. thats kind of a sacrifice if you like mini cars and jets.

but four transformation modes is still cool though. a vehicle as well would have been impossible or very crappy.

15. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I'm in love with Power Core Combiners already! So excited.

16. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Looks pretty decent. Hopefully not too Armada/Energon like though.

17. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    These might be something I would be interested in.

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Those blue plugs look too big for minicons to plug onto plus they aren't round so if they were intended as weapon mounts then you wouldn't be able to rotate said weapons which would just be... bizzare.

Also, just noticed on closer inspection that the MC has what looks like minigun arms. Nice. :thumb 

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else noticed the text in the blue box says something like:

My guess is that Hasbro is going back to the tried-and-true 5-member Gestalt combinations. This guy has "Commander" written under it, and has four block-shaped combiner pegs - two in shoulders, two at knees. My guess is, he is a torso-builder bot, and guys like the Huffer we saw earlier will be the limbs. The Minicons might form the misc. hands, feet or weapons.

Looks pretty good, btw. Odd that a fire chief car is a Con, though.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, they're probably more like the energon combiner ports... i really hope it requires two of the ports to connect into a joint that rotates... that'd be real cool... and the ports on his should look like they rotate a bit too... i'm guessing he's a scout sized figure, based on how he looks... which is awesome if its the case, cuz a small figure coming with another smaller figure is awesome...