Unknown Factory Originals (UFO): RotF/DotM Leader Optimus upgrade hands [KO]

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by WuLongTi, Jun 18, 2012.

1. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    Came across this on Robotkingdom's facebook page stating that they will be carrying the items.
    [​IMG]
    The designs for these awesome hands were actually stolen from TFW2005's own Fakebusker83 aka Ariel Lemon.
    [​IMG]

My guess is they ordered a pair from his Shapeways shop, made a mold from the 3d print and are now going to try to sell it as if it's their own.

2. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Here we obtained a sample of the hand from U.F.O.
    It is not exactly a copied product.
    Here are the main difference between their products.

1. The hole for inserting weapons is changed to adapt the sword, hook and shield they released, also adaptable to DA-28 weapons
    2. The shape of the cover was changed
    3. The plastic is easier for normal toys players to use
    4. The Knuckle part is simplified. Originally there are two more parts on it. But the additional parts blocked the closing of the cover when the knuckle part is opened.

by robotkingdom

3. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for bringing this up, WLT, Cheem.
    I did reply to this in an official statement on the first thread that appeared.

And when this picture is released:

[​IMG]

This is my reply to my buddy on my facebook page:

"Well, I shan't deny that they did put in some work to adapt the hands for manufacturability.
    In fact, some buyers might find it attractive that the hand panels can close back on the spikes
    when the latter are extended.

I'm okay with robotkingdom's decision if they are going to distribute it. In the end it's all business and
    they stand to lose money by not stocking this product. Companies can come up with any reason to
    justify their decisions.

But I have said what I need to say, 'Customer choice is top priority, but I did engineer the product first.' "

I guess enough has been said about this by fans from both sides. Those who want the U.F.O hands feel free to order them, I won't grudge them for it. And those who are giving me support all this while, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! But seriously, if you want proper ABS hands go for it! I won't grudge you either.

Right now I'm just very, very tired of work, of life, and of fighting useless battles. I've reached a state of ennui to this whole affair. At least I'm not dependent on Shapeways for my livelihood, or you'd see the Lemon fight a tooth and nail battle to the death against the powers that be.

4. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did my part and bought 2 of the shapeways hands but in the end they didnt work out for me. Not because of the bad design but because of the limitations of 3D printing. They cant hold any of the striker prime blades so that set of articulated hands has been assigned to ROTF prime that has no weapons and i still have a new set of hands that didnt put together because of that. For my busters and striker primes ill be buying these hands.

5. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what a sad story.... I'm with you man.

6. nighthawk82uk

nighthawk82uk Autobot Warrior

Ebay:
    Got mine today (from UFO on Ebay), gave them a slight colouring and they look great. My Prime is almost complete, just need the custom twin blasters that were posted in this forum

7. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Post some pics when u get a chance. I wanted to get these but they looked kinda big to me.

8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I wouldn't blame you if you took a break from Shapeways designs. Maybe then UFO would be forced to hire you...