Universe vs Classic Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by omegafix, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    Has there been a well-photographed comparison between the new Universe one and the Henkei one? They seem very similar if not identical, I was just curious.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

You don't build Gundams, do you? Because I have this one Gundam pen, it's a brownish-grey brush tip. I basically use it to detail in the lines and creases in the mold. I prefer it to the regular black tipped pens since those tend to make the lines way too dark.

Anyway, I've been meaning to take those to my Classics for some time now for some detailing and to "dirty" them up a little bit.

I'm sure it'd easily make that Uni2.0 Starscream look much less bland.

3. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I have Henkei, and I say that wins.

IMO, Classics looks cooler, more modern, funky, and colorful.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm getting TFU Screamer.
    sucks that i will have to go online to find him.
    but i like the simpler paint scheme and knowing i can mod him with a little paint.

5. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    I was just about to ask for the same thing. I generally get two of each character from Classics/Henkei/Universe and was wondering whether I could make do with a Universe 'Screamer as my second one....

6. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Missed out on the classics so I"ll be picking this screamer up. Paint apps. dont usually bother me.

7. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Universe Starscream would look fine if there weren't so many fields of unbroken single colors. It's kind of why mapping an animation layout from 25 years ago to a toy is a bad idea. Henkei Cyclonus has the very same problem. By itself using the same colors isn't necessarily a bad thing, but some care needs to be taken to adapt a color scheme to properly suit the toy it's going on. Large fields of solid color is generally not appealing to look at, and it's exactly what this Starscream is doing.

8. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When was the Starscream Universe released? I thought i saw somewhere someone saying they got it on the Dec 4th, I just want to know, because i went to a couple of stores today and there were no TF left anywhere (I guess the Xmas rush); and if so are they just getting released?, maybe i get lucky and they restock and can get me a copy.
    Any insight on this would be appreciated.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Universe Screamer was released with Deluxe wave 4 a few weeks ago if I'm not mistaken.

10. Viper08

News Credits:
    So Autobot Burnout you think that's still possible that they'll get restocks of this figures at the different stores? hopefully they are going to release as many Starscreams as they released Acid storms. I just got MP Starscream and really would like to get this figure.
    It's strange, I've been looking for TF a lot in the last couple of weeks and NEVER saw a Starscream in ANY shelf, i guess he's popular even with the non-collectors.

11. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Just wait a little bit. Wave 4 hasn't even made it completely across the country.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Oh yes, although to be truthful Acid Storm didn't start out as big as Universe Starscream. Uni. Starscream has two figures in every wave 4 case, Acid storm only had one in wave 2.

13. Viper08

News Credits:
    Thanks, I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled. So burnout if i understood you correctly, for every case that the store gets they will be 2 starscreams as opossed to 1 Acid Storm (back when it came out)?, also anybody knows when was the official release of this wave? (i know it was about 3 or 4 weeks ago, but if anyone remembers an actual date or a site with the official release, just curious)

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Well, the Henkei Starscream does have a dark face as well.

But it has twice as many paint apps as the Universe Starscream, and he looks awesome in person.

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Relax man, Wave 4 is still in the early sightings phase. Give it some time to fully saturate the market; chances are the figures haven't even reached the state/city you're in, let alone trickled down to the shelves at your local stores.

If you don't see the figures in two months, then you can be concerned. There's still a lot of saturating to do. When the wave with Acid Storm first showed up at one per case in my area (Weeks after the first sightings), it was a scarce figure on the shelves, but now it's pretty easy to walk in to a number of stores here and buy one.

16. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

I prefer the Henkei version,it looks better.But from the look of it.I would rather get the Universe version(But he looks like a PVC figure lol).

17. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I got the Classic and the Henkai version but I must say this guy looks nice. Still a wasted repaint that could have been used for another seeker (sunstorm please)

18. Viper08

News Credits:
    I guess you're right Pravus, i'll just keep my eyes open and eventually i'll run into them.
    Thanks

19. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I have a Classics Screamer, but I think I'll get this one. I like the cartoon-accuracy, and the darker face. I really don't like the unpainted face on the Classics version.

20. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    same here, so i silvered up the classics face too, i bought 2 extra acid storms 1 to silver up universe screamers face and 1 to silver up classics screamers face. i even had a junker classics screamer laying around to swap out the nosecone with universe screamers