Universe Ultra Darkwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Deceptigtar, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello again all. Here is my review of, or mainly pics of new Universe TRU Exclusive Ultra Class Darkwing.

Here you can find a nice review of Classics 2.0 Silverbolt by UnicronSupreme since this is a straight repaint of him....
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...lassics-2-0-silverbolt-feedback-pictures.html
    Excatly the same, except when you push the legs up to pop up the head out and makes the transformation noise, eye light up red instead of green. All the sounds are the same too.

My thoughts though:
    I almost bought Silverbolt at one time because I was intrigued by it, but since im not really a fan of Autobots, I passed and glad I did. until now...

I love this guy. The colors work much better on this mold and almost spot on to his old G1 counterpart. If you look at pics of his G1 art and then this toy, its almost like this should have been released first and Silverbolt made a repaint. His Chest area and hip area are almost the same, even down to how they painted them with the red and gold paint on the hip area.
    [​IMG]

My only complaint as well with many others, a new sculpted head would have been nice, or at the least, his eyes made into a visor instead of separate eyes.

Other than that I love this figure, I like the mold, seems to fit him better IMO. Not really much else to say!

On to the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I hadn't looked at G1 Darkwing until now, but this mold looks perfect for it. Still, if I could only have one (though I'll likely get neither) I'd get Silverbolt.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I.
    LOVE.
    THIS.
    REPAINT.
    Thanks for the pics d00d. I'm definitely going to have to get this one!

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This repaint is spot on, will pick up when it hits stores, probablya round when the movie comes out. I don't suppose you have either '07 Dreadwind or the original Darkwing to display him with?

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope, was waiting for that one :) 

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmmm, I'm Sooo tempted to pick this and Countdown up on Ebay. Any idea on when these guys are supposed to be officially released?

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well this just inspired me to pay a 100% markup on one of these off eBay...I can't wait to get it!

8. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    this repaint is perfect!

I thought I would never say that for a Hasbro repaint...wow

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Really looking forward to this repaint.

Silverbolt didn't do too much for me. I don't mind a simple transformation, but combine that with no real attachment to the character, and that ugly chest color he has, glad I waited.

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    interestingly the G1 toy was little more than a bot with a folded plane on his back...

11. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am more excited about this figure than I have been in a while. I cannot wait to pair him up with my Botcon Dreadwind!!!!!!

12. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:

We can set something up with the originals:thumbs2:  I'm glad I passed on Silverbolt since I don't have any Aerialbots. Too bad he doesn't combine with 07 Dreadwind that would be tight!:dj 

13. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Darkwing's colors look great on this mold. I'll definitely be picking him up.

14. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Im most definitely picking up this repaint. I skipped on most of the Decepticon repaints of Autobots but this guy Im getting and Im trying to pick up a Dreadwind on Ebay.

15. Thunderwave

Thunderwave Active Member

Does anyone know when Darkwind and Countdown are supposed to hit the TRU shelves?

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Must buy!

17. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the repaint but how come the usual complainers aren't in force on this. It's an oversized deluxe with legends complexity... I usually don't hate on figures (except for injector) but I just don't like this one. Please sell me on it I want to change my mind, Clue me in on the awsome factor because it looks like a folded up bot under a plane or a bot with a folded up plane.

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome... :)  This mold, suprisingly, works pretty well as Darkwing - even though G1 Darkwing and Silverbolt are not much alike.

I think, when I get it, I'll pull the head apart, and use a scapel to remove the upper part of the nose and the side of the eyes to give him the merged visor look. Otherwise, perfect! One of Darkwing's iconic features was also the completely round, ball-like shoulders - maybe we can replicate those as well from a KO toy.

And of course, create a new Throttle... :) 

Man, I hope Hasbro does Dreadwind in the future - from some other mold, not Jetfire. I never thought that mold worked well for him at Botcon.

19. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The awesomeness factor is that it's a character we haven't seen in any form since 1988 (well, 1994 if you take the G2 comics as base material where he was killed by Megatron and rebuilt into G2 Dreadwing)... He's awesome, because he represents a fun character (come on, read "Out for Lunch" and you'll see why we like the two maniac depressionists!) whom not many expected to see again in any form. Same reason why many of us love Universe Overload, because he's a hommage to a little-known G1 Micromaster...

I dunno about many other people, but obscure G1 hommages win me over every time (bought Cybertron GTS Brakedown (IE: TWW Kup) for this)...

20. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    ..... Pass.

IMHO, the mold just fails. Not feelin' the whole "robot mode glued beneath the plane" thing.

But well, that's just me, thou. :/