Universe Ultra Class QC

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, Aug 14, 2008.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Been debating on opting out for the Henkei releases of the Universe ultra class figures of Onslaught and Silverbolt as I'm worried about Hasbro's slid in QC problems as of late. Been reading about Onslaught especially in the feedback forum and how his legs seem to have a number of QC issues so I'm just wondering if it's really worth it as despite the difference in cost I would really prefer to get it right the first time around.

So how bad is the QC on these guys and what issues do they have? Any input would be appreciated.

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I bought Onslaught tonight, and he's AWESOME, with one exception. On his legs, you have to fold one of the wheels back up into it. I have one that continues to fall off. Not all the time, mind, but at least twice now.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

First and foremost, I will say that Onslaught is a magnificent Transformer and you will not be sorry for your purchase! That being said my Onslaught does have an issue with one of his legs where the inside panel doesn't close completely because of the sound feature making the wheel panel that folds away slightly larger than the wheel panel on the other side. I don't personally think that it detracts from the figure at all and he still displays very nicely with very little effort.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hasbro>Takara

To be honest, I've NEVER had a problem with QC issues on any of my Hasbro TF's. I've also heard more QC issues come from Takara's products than I have Hasbro's. That and it seems that most of the QC complaints quickly fade out once a line is out for a little while. Happens with every line.

5. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

One person has said that their Powerglide's wing is loose, but thats probably just theirs...

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont know about that I was terribly disappointed with the QC and cheap feel of Universe Prowl and Sunstreaker and will be getting the Henkei versions of those (and Silverstreak). Speaking of which does either of them have that cheap feeling that Prowl and Sunny had?

7. Nemesis_Prime22

I did with Prowl...

8. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been having a real problem with TFs since this last wave of both Animated and Universe. I've had to return Animated Snarl 3 times now and I must admit, I'm a little pissed.

My Powerglide is alright, despite a few weird things, but my Onslaught was fubared in two areas. I had the problem with the wheel, which is weird since the other one works fine (BTW, is it the right leg for everyone?) and the chest piece would not get into place. The two female connectors just wouldn't mesh.

Bought a second who had loose springs and really crappy turrets, but his leg is alright and his chest piece has no issues. I've already swapped the leg and I'm seeing if my fix to my original's chest works and, if not, I'll swap the battery covers as well, then return the futzed figure.

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    This is why I don't mailorder Hasbro TF's anymore. Their QC has undeniably hit the gutter in the past year and it's just too risky not to buy from a store that you can easily go back to and make a direct exchange. Considering all of my Wave 1 & 2 Animated Deluxes literally took 2-4 attempts to finally get ones worth keeping, it scares me what could have happened if I got them online.

10. Nemesis_Prime22

This is true...

11. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    in general i don't seem to have major QC issues with my figs, both classic and henkei. only some little ones like paint job & parts that don't go well together but even those don't have any effect on the figs. being a g1 fan i prefer henkei over classics since they are more g1 accurate. if there seems to be a problem with classic onslaught that maybe u should wait for henkei, maybe it will be better.

12. Nemesis_Prime22

I never have many QC problems... I get a few, but not much.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My experience:

- Onslaught - One of the vehicle mode wheels, that tucks inside the shin in robot mode, pops off frequently. The gun under the right hand is a little floppy and the shield doesn't clip in place tightly anywhere, but that's not really a QC problem, per se.
    - Silverbolt - No problems.

14. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My hasbro Onslaught is perfect.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    put me down for a perfect onslaught and a floppy hinged powerglide.

16. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't had any QC issues with any of my Universe figs. Come to hink of it, I haven't really had any QC problems with ANY of my TF figs that I buy (outside of the occasional paint over-spray), and I buy predominantly Hasbro.

My Powerglide is fine: all tight joints, all pegs lock in securely, no floppiness anywhere.

My Onslaught has the normal problem of getting everything lined up just so, and if I take an extra minute or two, then I don't have any problems getting his legs to TF back to alt mode. Other than that, no parts pop off or anything.

My Silverbolt is great all around.

17. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have both powerglide and onslaught and have no problems with them! I am a little late getting my onslaught and it seems the earlier versions had more problems.

how much more is the henkei version? I wish powerglide was red though! but I am not paying more than the hasbro version!

18. sithlord9849

sithlord9849 Well-Known Member

My onslaught has the panel on his right leg that wont shut all the way, no biggie. Powerglides left wing is loose and doesnt snap in place and his right wing, arm and all, broke off completly while i was transforming him the first time. Silverbolt is the real kicker though; when i opened the package he wasn't even secured all the way to the inside plastic; the light and sound features only work when your pulling his head out of his body. The button on his back does absolutly nothing. The gun shooting sound works; but only right after the transform sound, and even then it sticks and the guns just keep blaring until i pull his head through to make the transform sound again. And the package came with 2 sets of instructions o.0. Gonna be returning powerglide and silverbolt for new ones that hopefully are good.

19. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

My Onslaught has the leg issue, but my Silverbolt is fine. Don't have Powerglide yet.. waiting for the Henkei version.

20. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:

If it wasnt secured you prpbably got somebody elses dud return. I wich people were honest at the returns counter. It's ok to say its broke damnit