Universe Treadbolt is better as an homage to.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Jul 23, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK so this thing were were supposed to see a relation between Universe Treadbolt and this guy:

[​IMG]

It's just not working for me at all. The biggest problem for me is the totally differrent jet mode and the decals in vehicle mode. Today I finally remembered why it bugged me.

Transformers - More Than Meets The Eye, Robots In Disguise - Transformers @ The Moon - www.transformertoys.co.uk

Treabolt totally works way better as an homage to G2 Afterburner. Vehicle mode, the designs on the wing, coloring, general robot mode shape, and the name Afterburner just sounds right for the jetfire mold.

So now I have a good reason to buy this guy but will have a different name and faction in my collection

2. ultraq

ultraq Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it, you have Jetfire all amored up and Jetsabre with no armor just a sword, but I just find it interesting that treadbolt ending up looking like another tf. I guess after 24 years any new toy is gonna remind you of somebody

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

don't care who it is a homage to, i'm buying it anyways lol!

after looking at photos of it again, you know, it kind'a reminds me of an xmen, kind'a like cyclops... :) 

5. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    WOAH! I totally had that toy! It's broken and probably gone by now, but I definitely had that blue jet. I've still got the Space Shuttle around here somewhere. Is it rare or something? I've never seen it before and I thought it was some knockoff brand or something

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think it's more just a use of a cool name than any sort of intentional homage.

Also, I LOVE the deco.