Universe toys = garbage (to me that is)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraDevmodious, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I have the wave 1 deluxes and they're all fine. The Prowl paint issue was noticable for about a day, then it never happened again. Sorry you had a bad experiance with them, but just because you got a bad egg, doesn't really mean the entire line is "garbage".

2. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Since when is Prowl a second tier character?? He was one of the main cartoon and movie characters...

3. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^ It works, it really does! I coldn't stand theway he looked with his head being squshed by his "shoulder pads". Wow he really looks good, now to sit him next to Henkei Astrotrain!
    THANKS MAN!

4. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Could you post a picture, for some reason I am having problems going through your steps

I think I have it how you said but I want to make sure

5. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

I don't know but i may be blowing out of my ass but...
    Maybe the high price of oil is doing it?
    Plastics and paint are petrolium based and they may be skimping on the usual blending of materials?

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    For a second there, i thought you were refering to the Bayformers movie there.

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, I saw a loose Prowl today and I must admit he er, looks er, bland and abit too plasticy (spelling or if there is such a word/term) for me. I think I will focus on Animated or check out the Henkei version.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've had Prowl, Onslaught & Powerglide for several weeks now, and I've had no major problems with them at all.

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    What steps?

10. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my life, i never realised that with prowls feet. improved him alot. just got my universe silverstreak today too. loads of paintr issues its rubbed badly in some places and rather chipped too. love the figure though. my prowl is gonna have to be replaced, paint is really bad and place where the ball joint goes on the door has snapped because it falls off and so much and has to be re attached. still love universe though

11. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

With all the post concerning problems with universe and animated it's clear Hasbro needs some lessons in TQM.

12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    What's your definition of a main character and a second tier character? Just being a second tier character is not an insult, and doesn't mean he can't be one of your favorite characters, but c'mon. Optimus, Megatron/Galvatron, Rodimus, and maybe Unicron and Ultra Magnus were the main characters of the movie. Kup, Blurr, Arcee, Springer, Cylconus, Scourge etc. were second tier characters. Prowl was pretty much a cameo or an extra in the movie. Even in the cartoon, when did Prowl ever even have 1 'spotlight' episode, let alone be a main character throughout the series?

Don't get me wrong, I love that Prowl's getting such a wonderful toy and have wanted one for a long time, but that doesn't blind me to the fact he was thoroughly background in the animated fiction.

13. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Repaints as in new mold redecos or repaints as in Cybertron mold redecos? Because the new molds were chosen specifically because of their repaintability and so far there's only four real Cybertron repaints. And two of them look downright awesome, and fit much better then their original paintjobs. Or at least imo.

With Classics 1, the Henkai versions had major paint ap changes and redesigns to look more G1ish. With "Classics" 2, most of the Hasbro versions are spot on as is, so all the Henkai's would get would be a few little tweaks and random chrome. Honestly, outside of Powerglide there's very little differences this time around.

So I'd say no, save money and buy domestic :thumb s

Well that problem is very easy to fix. All you have to do is pick up your toys and play with them every few days. Can't get dusty if you keep moving them!

And which "Main" characters are left to make in the Classics line? They've done Prime, Magnus, Megs, BB, SS, Hotrod and Grimlock, what other "main" characters are left? Sure they could 'remake' some of those guys, but I'd rather get the "second" string figures that haven't gotten a real new update in years. I'm just still waiting for them to officially announce Wheeljack at this point.

14. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Mine are pretty damn near perfect.

15. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Please note, I did not say they should not have made a Classics Prowl. In fact I said this:

I think they absolutely should make second, third, whatever tier characters for classics. If you're going to quote and respond to me, my only point, my only assertion is that G1 Prowl never was a 'main' character.

You're quoting me, but talking about a completely different topic than I was talking about.

16. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

while you can the difference between them and their classic 1.0 fore-fathers, the new classics are great on their own. they apply the new technology introduced with the blitz of TFTM 07 with the realistic vehicles and the automorph gimmicks and gave us some pretty decent G1 upgrades. Prowl is my favorite soo far even though Henkai Streak looks tooo sweet. Cant wait to fiddle with Galvatron and Ironhide

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped at a Target today and I was looking at some of the Universe
    toys. I decided that I am not going to be collecting them, I don't like
    the looks of them.

After that, I stopped at ToysRUs and I finally picked up a the Animated
    Grimlock.

18. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    *shrugs*I don't really plan on opening any of my animated I got the 2 pack jazz ,snarl ,cyb prime, bb,rachet,prowl grimlock and bulkhead

19. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    no I just remember him flying a ship sorry.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Apologies on the confusion, however you were the last of many people to comment on the "main" and "second" stringer type thing in regards to this line and it was meant as a general question to all who made those comments.