Universe toys = garbage (to me that is)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraDevmodious, Jul 31, 2008.

1. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

So I was totally excited to find the only onslaught today at a target right by my house…that was till I opened him.

I am just not into these Universe toys. After being excited to have onslaught (a new police former to add to my collection), the front wheels and gun turrets fall off so easily that it makes me hate the fucking toy. Not only that…the leg pegs don’t even go into place like they should and when I do put them in the holes….they just pop out….

People talking about animated quality control…these are far worse….both the prowl and onslaught are awful. I actually plan on taking him back and getting my money back.

2. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Prowl and Onslaught don't have any of the issues people have mentioned with them. The left leg pegs on Onslaught are ever so slightly off but it still stay together so its fine.

Guess it just comes down to luck as to whether you get a good one or a crappy one. I've had worse luck with some animated ones but not too bad overall.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I haven't had the issues you say, but I don't have Onslaught. (though I want him, if only he wasn't so damn expensive)

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But I still want Onslaught :(  Sorry to hear that you were disappointed.

5. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been very lucky with my Prowl and Onslaught, but my Tankor...it's not even a QC problem; he's just pisspoor ugly.

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I would agree that the QC on this line is horrendous. I've been lucky so far with the TFA toys though.

7. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I just got my third universe guy, Tankor, and I can honestly say I don't have any problems with any of them. Infact they're three of my favorite TFs. Octankor is actually surprisingly cooler then I thought he would be, pics do not do this guy justice.

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Other than the chest thing with Sunstreaker, I haven't had any issues with my Universe/Classics 2.0 toys. I'm disappointed with the amount of repaints that we're receiving so early in the line, but the QC side of things is ok for me so far.

Sucks that you're having problems, though! :( 

9. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I have Prowl, Sunstreaker and Tankor - and ALL three of them confirm in my opinion that the classics line is by FAR the best transformer toyline since alternators

I absolutely love these three figures and have not had a single issue with them.

10. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    It may be that not ALL the new TFs have issues but a lot of them do and you have to realize that the quality of the recent lines has been significantly worse than any of the previous lines. Hasbro needs to do something about this, find a different manufacturer or something or put more money in QC but this shit's getting ridiculous, I mean KOs have better QC than this shit FFS. Hasbro needs to get off their ass and put their foot down on bad QC.

11. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought the first three, and sold them within a week. The QC on them is horrendous, IMO. Especially after TFA, where everything on most of the figures locked into place nicely in vehicle modes. I did like SS alt, but prowl was major cheap and dissappointment.

12. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

The only thing I dont liek about the new line is the faces. They often looked like they just got kneed somewhere the sun dont shine.

13. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I must have got a lucky one - But i would go as far as saying that the Universe Prowl is in my top 5 transformers ever - And I have been collecting since the beginning...

The worst lines that I have had contact with and maybe this is just in my experience, have been the titaniums(worst line ever IMO) and the beast wars figures -

I havent had a single issue with cybertron, classics/universe, alternators, sure some G1 toys have issues because they were beat up by me as a kid...

I will take your word for the animated figures - I would hope the QC was good on those since it would make up for them being so d*mn ugly!! ;) 

14. OptimusSolo

News Credits:

Are you speaking of the animated line of toys??

15. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    The lack of creativity in the Universe line is what kills it for me. Most of molds couldn't compare to those in the Cybertron line, or Classics 1.0 for that matter. The lone G1 character in the line worth a damn was Galvatron, and they botched that out of the gate. Also, I could buy into a line of repaints like RID but not a line of meaningless background characters. So yeah, Classics 2.0 FTL

16. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i bought tankor on looks even if he looks a bit scruffy (the head sholdnt be painted it makes the face sculpt appear to soft), i like the 3 modes, he does need a neck though, experimenting with the shoulder placement can give a very cool looking robot. No QC's atall.

prowl, i feel he looks cheap, doors and arms pop off, i actually took him back. ironhide I like the look of but im finding most of the universe toys a bit plain looking. streaker, his upper body looks ok but those god awful knees, the legs are so messed up.

universe overall is a good line, but im not sure the quality of the first line has been maintained. they seemed to look neater, more chiselled.

17. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they are a bit on the dull side, at least the same cannot be said for animated, maybe thats why universe feels a bit jaded in comparison.

18. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I don't think I could disagree more with you on this one, man. I've loved the Onslaught mold since I saw the first protos, and I wasn't at all disappointed when I opened him up today. I really love everything about the figure, and he's easily my favorite TF of the universe line so far. His proportions are awesome, and IMO, he vaguely resembles a Mega Man villain in terms of overall style, which I like. I'll agree that his legs can be a little frustrating to keep in one piece, but his transformation and both modes are nice enough for me to let it slide.

Powerglide's a bit more disappointing though. The plastic on his wing swivel joints (the ratchet ones at the waist) started to deform at the stress of turning the wings, which is pretty lame. His mold IMO is the least interesting in the line so far, but I've got nothing but good things to say about the others.

I've been lucky with the animated figures so far, also. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a feeling that the QC problems are due to that Hasbro is trying to put out 3 lines at once. Before the movie, they might have put out 1 or 2 line at a time so that each figure has nice quality. Now, they are producing them very fast due to a high demand so there might be some issues with them.

In terms of the Universe line, I was very lucky with all 3 of them. There are no issues with them and I like all 3 of them. I have never had anything popping off during transformations.

20. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I guess I am just super lucky - I hear post after post about things popping off and falling off, yet I have transformed Streaker, Prowl, and Tankor numerous times and not had one thing pop off or break or anything.

My friend and I were recently talking about the classics and we actually both agreed that this second wave of them is better than the first.

Maybe some of them are dull compared to armada/energon/cybertron/animated etc. but that is because they are remakes of G1 toys which could be seen as dull by anyone who has been overstimulated the line mentioned before. Not a problem for me though

I am sticking to my opinion that the Classics, in particular 2.0, is the best line I have seen since the Alternators.

Maybe I should qualify this though - My definition of Classics 2.0 is only the figures based on G1 characters - IMO the cybertron repaints etc are NOT classics