Universe Toys, Does Anyone Care?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Sep 25, 2012.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

While sorting through my collection I keep coming across these old Universe toys from around 2003 and I'm not sure what to do with them. I never got around to opening them, not because I'm trying to preserve them MISB or anything like that, only because I was never really sure what to do with them. They seem to be oddballs in my collection. I decided to open Swerve and Ramjet and put them on my Armada shelf, but other than that, I don't know. Some figures are G1ish molds used for Machine Wars line, most others are Beast Machines, which I don't have too many of. I guess I could throw the Beast Wars molds in with my Beast Wars stuff, but I don't know. What do you guys think of this line? Where do you display the figures you do have? Or are they tucked away in a box somewhere? That's where mine may end up! :lol 

2. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I hated everything EXCEPT that white reissue they did of... was it Skyquake? The same mold as Machine Wars Starscream but they had a white one in Universe and I think they called it King Atlas? That was pretty cool. Hated the rest of it, though.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I loved the line at the time since I got a bunch of molds I missed out in the first time. Unfortunately Hasbro obviously hired someone colorblind to design the color layout. Some of them are pretty awesome though, especially towards the tail end of the line. I put mine either on my Beast Wars shelf or my RiD shelf.

I'd be totally up for a new Universe line like that...just some better paint choices lol...

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I remember them being Dollar Store regulars. There's a few good repaints/repacks. Not to mention back then $5 get you a Scout or Minicon team. These days a Legend alone cost $6.

5. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I group them according to what line the mold is from. Examples include Sunstorm with my Armada collection, RID Devastator with my RID figures (Scourge leads him along with Bruticus), and Frostbite with my Beast Wars stuff. I tried to display my Universe figures with eachother on their own display shelf, but the aesthetics of the figures varied WAY too much for my liking...

6. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    Universe 1.0 is great! I think I need... 3 more? Maybe 4? A lot of fun ideas and I'm glad they came to fruition. Wish some of the cancelled stuff (Smokescreen from Armada Hot Shot, for instance) had come out, oh well.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Universe Devastator, Nemesis Prime, and Skywarp were my favorites.

8. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I sold my nice but incomplete loose target exclusive Nemesis Prime mammoth on ebay for about 60 bucks. I was surprised I got that much.

9. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not surprised. His price fluctuates, but I've seen him go for a lot more.

10. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I like the Universe line. Depthcharge is amazing.

11. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

i love repaints, so the universe line is heaven for me :D 

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Universe had a lot of awesome moulds in it in cool colours. Like the yellow Optimus or Nemesis Prime.

Yeah there were the shitty toys and shitty colours, but it was great.

13. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Universe was an excellent way to get some of the older molds, and was all kinds of fun to see what random oldie would turn up, and from what generation, and in what colors. I CRAVE a line like that now.

14. NoFuture

NoFuture Member

Loved the line, love the psychedelic colors too.

15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    This line was disgusting. It was like they all came off the island of misfit transformers. I Cldnt wait for it to be over with an outta the stores.

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Universe Whirl as a repaint of Rotorstorm is an ok way to own the mould, since it's difficult to find an original with an unsnapped rotor this is a good way to go.

Obsidian is also good as it close to being show colours and Razorclaw as a corrupted version of Tigerhawk that managed to kill BW Megatron is a cool concept. As is the Inferno from RID Prowl who is a version of BW Inferno reborn in an autobot body, still obsessed by fires but only has fire fighting equiptment :lol 

Some are better than others but if you can find fiction or bios for these guys their interest increases.

17. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. There are a lot of possibilities still out there. The GDO figures remind me a bit of this, although I wouldn't mind wider variety of figures.

18. Razorbeak7

Razorbeak7 But look, a computer!

I really like Universe, though that may be partly because I love repaints in general. There were a few crappy ones, like Silverbolt, but the line had a few gems like Razorclaw (one of my favourite figures in my collection) and Nemesis Prime (who I'd love to own but is sadly out of my budget).

19. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I just opened my target exclusive Nemesis Prime a few weeks ago...he's nifty. King Atlas was also pretty pimp too - as was a repaint of RID Sideburn. Not sure if the micro combiners were part of that line too - Superion and Devy? Those is pimp too.

20. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only wish Hasbro had released them as a box set like the RotF Legends Devastator. I never saw all of the individual pieces in stores. Also the individuals were kind of pricey at the time.

Reissue, please!