Universe Toys Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicronsupreme, Oct 11, 2008.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    apologies to Peaugh, but I think this thread is necessary to centralize much of the universe discussion going on here and would be helpful in general.

to get this kicked off:

I just got my shipping notice from Heero for Inferno a couple of days ago. Did anyone get their notice before that? How soon til one actually arrives?

2. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
  3. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Grats on the new thread starting.

Now Inferno, I'll get him, but something in me is screaming to nab another when I do as well and make a Hot Spot redeco. I haven't made a custom yet but something just looks right with that whole mold.

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I almost broke down and got him from Heero. It would've been my first prerelease, too.

Stupid car payment. :redface2: 

Got Ironhide, Sideswipe & Bluestreak yesterday. Prowl may have sticky paint, but I haven't had sh** popping off of him, Sunstreaker, Octane, Galvatron or Acid Storm... :banghead: 

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Silverstreak seems to be notorious for his window section poping off... and I didn't have that problem at all with Prowl. However, I fixed it simply by forcing them back on the proper way. What I've found is that, for whatever reason, Silverstreak's ball joint on that piece tends to not be put on all the way when you get him out of the package when I compared it to a friend's and it seems that it doesn't like to go back on all the way either without some excessive force.

6. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Actually, y'know the section that rotates forward, so Prowl/Streak's head can flip out? Yeah, that piece pops off the pin everytime I try to TF him.

One of Sideswipe's doors is loose, and tightening the screw didn't do much to help.

Pieces pop off of Ironhide all over the place. His kneecaps, his waist, his arms, and his grill pops off the pin, just like Bluestreak's head assembly.

I never owned any Transformers when I was a kid, but I never had problems with my Ninja Turtles or G.I. Joes until after playing them into the ground - not coming right out of the package. :rolleyes2 

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Hopefully my Inferno will arrive soon, he's absolutely gorgeous!:drool: 

8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Now that I have Inferno on the way, there's really only 2 or 3 Universe molds left that I want: Cyclonus, Hot Shot & maybe Hound.

Unless something else is unveiled that manages to impress me.

9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. That's really all I can say to that. Wow.

Makes me happy that all I've had problems with so far is Silverstreak's doors...

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    cant wait for inferno to hit retail, or at least for a speciality store over here to get him...soon, hopefully..the pics in the review thread look awesome...very G1-esque...
    good thread to start off, should be interesting

11. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    Yeah... :banghead: 

I like that Prowl/Streak's doors pop off. It makes it easier to TF them. I can imagine them breaking off, otherwise...

12. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all the parts that pop off are mean to pop off so prevent breakage. i love all the new figures a lot. the engineering that has gone into them and the designs are fantastic for the price they are. lets face it if they wernt as complex as some of them are and as articulated peaople would complain they were too boxy or uninteresting. im really glad we are getting these updates (although my partner isnt for money and space reasons).

my inferno should arrive this week along with henki powerglide and silverbolt, i can't wait. so far ive gotten all of wave 1 size classes and wave 2 deluxe and ultra and wave 3 deluxes. im a completist and have all the classics so far so will buy em all :) 

13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, it's s decent feature... it just seems like that the ones on my Silverstreak pop off too easily. I get that they're meant to pop off to prevent breakage, but when I first got him out of the package it seemed like they weren't on the ball joint all the way... once I put them back on myself (and made sure to press them in properly) I haven't had any problems with him. I guess that's what I'm trying to get at. Again, thankfully I've not had the other problems you're talking about. My biggest worry with Ironhide is finding a nice silver to use on his face. :) 

14. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    So it looks like inferno doesn't have wings or anything on his back like previously thought. That's kind of a bummer.

In other news: Anyone have cruddy paint on their ironhide? A bunch of it rubbed off from mine.

15. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    That makes perfect sense.

But what about popping off at random times, no matter how gentle you are? Not staying "popped on"?

That's what I have a problem with.

And, except for the Prowl/Streak doors - which I said I liked - there's no "potential breakage" involved in the others (unless you're just a moron with your toys, than anything is "potentially breakable"). They just fall apart for no reason - making transformation more difficult than it should be.

Prowl & my custom (that was a Prowl) don't lose the middle section of the hood, when bringing the head out, but Bluestreak's won't stay on.

I'm more gentle than most people. Paranoidly so. I treat all my toys as if they were made of papier mache. As if too much pressure would make them just dissolve in my hands. So, if sh** is falling off in my hands - that's just poor craftsmanship.

16. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man im so digging this line and i hope this line keeps going for along time. i hope we get all the g1 charters from 84 -90 . with charters that did not get g1 toys ie arcee in cartoon looks.

so far i give this line a 9.5 as some figs need alittle work and right sizes lol.

17. spamo123

spamo123 Artist. Contact me.

My Silverstreak also has the the head joint and door joint problem. The head flip is a little bit easier but the doors are almost impossible to not pop off during transformation.
    He's an alright toy. I thought he would be a bit better.

18. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Yep, me too. Almost the 1st line I was gonna be a completist, exept I just cant see myself buying Silverbolt; he's just too dull. Other than him, Im pretty thankful for every new mold since the 1st classic 1.0... If they came out with (at least):

bots:
    grapple (retool, Inferno)
    Jazz (new mold)
    Ratch (retool, Ironhide)
    Trailbreaker/Hoist (new mold/retool)
    Tracks (new mold)

cons:
    Soundwave (new mold)
    Blitzwing (new mold)

...it'll be a perfect 11 in my book.

19. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    So we know that we're getting Armada Hot Shot in this line. Anyone think we'll get some other AEC characters get new molds here? How about RID? Beast Machines?

Personally, I'd like to see sky byte get a new mold here. I'd also like a new BM jetstorm, but I think his alt mode is probably too close to G1 cyclonus to get one.

20. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I don't think Hasbro has much left to show us in terms of Classics 2.0. I figure that when Hot Shot comes out, it'll likely be time for Revenge of the Fallen toys.