Universe TFs in Cybertron packaging?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I haven't seen these before but when i was at Kaybee yesterday I saw a E. Downshift and E. Snowcat repaint in Cybertron like packaging. I was wondering if that was something new?

2. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. They've been out for quite a while as KB exclusices. The consensus opinion is that 'Halloween Snowcat' is just plain ugly, and the Downshift repaint isn't much different. Neither seem to be worth the $13 that the KBs around here charge for them.

-Tony!

3. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

this is old news to me

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    They are KB exclusives! That's why I haven't seen them before I hardly go into KB.

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The packaging is also a running thing with the KB exclusives. They'll mimmick the packaging that the mainline at the time is using. The previous exclusive, show-accurate armada-mold Energon Demolisher and Cyclonus were on the black Energon cards.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is nothing new. They've long had the exclusives at KB in the current line's card style while having an older line's logo. RiD Megatron Megabolt was an exception in RiD carding with a RiD logo (which was also the case for Energon Cyclonus and Demolishor beign done on the right line's cards and logos). Later, we had Jhiaxus, Megabolt, and the Destructicons on Armada style cards, with RiD Logos.

7. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Oddly enough, the cases of RiD Megabolt and Jhiaxus (which I saw at Ollie's about 2 weeks ago) did not list Hasbro as the importer, but Kay Bee, though the Hasbro Toy Group name was on the box, too. Is there something different about KB exclusives compared to most other retailers?

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Correct, every KB exclusive I get my hands on in case quantities has the same importer markings. I believe it's because KB is the one who imports them in directly from Hasbro's factories, instead of the product passing to a Hasbro warehouse to be distributed to the major chains, as normal items do.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I purchased both of these and it was the first time I ever felt sorry for Transformers by reading the BIOs. Snowcat insane on a killing Spree, while Downshift ends up in an extremly solitary position, both on an a (mostly) abandoned Cybertron.

"Downshift, you can stay and guard the base."