Digibash: Universe Swindle... could it work?

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by roykop, Jan 7, 2009.

1. roykop

roykop Cassetticon

News Credits:
    OK, so I have been interested in the idea of creating a Universe 2.0 Swindle from the logical choice.... Hound.

Despite the fact that I've got parts for at least 4 other customs I wanna complete, I cant stop thinking about new ones. However, I know my current skill level prohibits me from attempting this one. There are far too many pins that would have to be removed to complete this smoothly, and I'm just no good at it.

Anyway, here's what my ideal custom would look like in the end, plus or minus the purple on the hood of the Jeep.

What do you guys think? Anyone else plan on creating one of these, and if so, how would yours differ?

EDIT: Just notice I forgot his neck color.... oh well, you get the idea!

[ATT]243617637[/ATT]

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    For me, the mold just screams Hound, regardless of color. I haven't found one yet but is there a way to twist him so the windshield side is the chest? That is a defining point for me regarding Swindle. The rest is passable, of course he needs his big purple eyes. but the rest is passable. An alternative if you want to homage G1 to the fullest, you can mod legends class Hound to a very nice Swindle:
    [​IMG]

Using this handy tutorial right here in the Radicons!
    http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus...lating-legends-class-figures-tutorial-166995/

If I get any ideas when I find Hound I'll post 'em up! I say go for it whichever Class size you go with, overcoming the obstacles is half the fun!:thumbs2: 

3. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I think it could work as Hasbro will likely give us one at some point along with Detritus but theres spots on him that need to be modded to take away the Hound look

4. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    It is possible, iv seen another trying to do the same, but he misstransformed him and moded a couple of things, ill look for it to show what i mean.

5. Cycrolus

Cycrolus Herald of Primus

Ebay:
    I bought one the other day to do this too. I'm tinkering around with it I'll post later what I do to it.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It's certainly possible.

This is why I'm not huge on the notion of G1 accuracy because it puts a limit on what you can do. Besides, the Classics/Universe line is essentially a G1 homage with a modernized look to it. A lot of them didn't retain the exact same alt mode or transformation as their 80s counterparts.

The chest/windshield mod wouldn't be totally necessary if you made other mods to compensate.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd just try to modify animated swindle with a new head and more details. The robot mode is very G1.

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

it could work but definately needs some mods

9. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Just not feeling it, honestly. That being said, I've got my eye on that mold for Action Master Axer (and repainting Ravage as either Glit or Howlback. Either way TOTALLY obscure love.)

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Switch the hands, turn the torso around, and make a chest for him- possibly out of the hood of the jeep. Might get a bit tricky with the wheels, but it's definitely possible.

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man I love Swindle and his colors. What you've done here is almost exaclty how I plan on painting mine. I like the purple hood, it just says Swindle to me. I think I'll try to get a different head for him or modify the Hound one

You can transform him backwords and get a different look but it's not exactly a "Swindle" look, it's just different

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it works great. I have one for this project too. Even if you flip him around backwards it won't look like G1 Swindle, because the windshield would be at the waist, not become his chest. As it is, it already looks a lot like the Alternators version of Swindle done up in G1 colors. :) 

13. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I think that works just fine, i will be suprised if hasbro dosent do one.

14. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

It'd only be worth trying if he has waist articulation and looks ok with the torso backwards.Otherwise he would just be Detritus.
    edit: And i don't think the wheels would look too good on the front.
    If someone does try it though, the head lends itself surprisingly well, and Energon Battle Ravage's gun would work well for his cannon.

15. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    This is the way I would go for Classics Swindle the animated Swindle is very
    G1-ish! Just needs a little touch up paint, new head and hands

16. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Looking again, i think it would work. I might give it a try some time, he'd probably have to be crazy-yellow like Alternators Swindle though. *sigh*, i do kinda hate the "that vehicle mode is somewhat similiar it must be repainted" repaints, but i needs some combaticons in my Universe Collection.

17. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm actually really digging this.
    For sure this is going on my to do list.

18. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Already had this planned months ago and I'm in the process of basically doing it now. Working on the smaller mods for him and I'll mod the head with some styrene soon to be more G1-Swindle. The paint will be G1 and the overall look will be similar to what is posted up at the top.

I've already modded G1 Swindle's gun/cannon. I've drilled out the end of the cannon with a dremel to give it a more realistic appearance, then comes a little paint to liven it up (too dull in plain black).

So yes, this mold will work for Universe Swindle--it fits into that whole Classics/Universe deal where everything is an updated version of G1--so it wouldn't have to look exactly like his old G1 self. Just more "updated".

19. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Just an input here, you can put on a visor on Hound's eyes to give him a more swindle look.

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe Jin is working on a Swindle mod.