Universe style Voyager and Ultras need to come back.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think the only recent Voyager mold in a Classics style aesthetic has been Lugnut, and there have been no Ultra's at ALL since 2008. Hasbro should definitely make more Voyagers and Ultras in the Classics aesthetic. Considering this, what characters would you like to see done in this size?

For me, I'd love to see Blitzwing, as a triple changer could be more easily done as a Voyager or Ultra, considering those have more wiggle room than a deluxe does.

Also, City Bots done as Ultras could work with small Cyberverse scaled toys.

Also, Hasbro should definitely consider Leaders as a possibility for a future Classics line.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I fucking agree.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see Ultras back and Leaders introduced, but I understand why they haven't been present.

As for Blitzwing, I'd like to see one regardless, but if he got a Voyager/Ultra mold it would actually bug me a little bit, since he'd tower over his fellow triple changers Astrotrain and Octane.

4. Kaymac

I was thinking that too, but Hasbro seems really hesitant to make a Blitzwing. I doubt they will unless he appears in Prime or something. :( 

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I want to see Omega Supreme as a leader class Classics figure. I imagine, if they designed him a certain way, with some tweaking, they could repaint/retool him as Overlord. They're both basically tanks and a flying jet/rocket.

6. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    +1 I can't say it any better than TJ.

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be fine if they remolded/redecoed Cybertron Metroplex a bit (more G1 deco, get rid of the Cyber Key from Cybertron for some generic button/switch-activated gimmick for his giant axe) and made that "Classics" Metroplex. It may not be perfect, but the toy itself is good. I don't know how likely it would be since they're gang-molded, but ditching the Drill Bit minicon for a black redecoed Universe Deluxe Sideswipe as Scamper would be a nice touch too, even if that's an even bigger fantasy.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Ultras are hard to bring back it seems. They're basically slightly larger voyagers with gimmicks and a higher price tag. They're the halfway between Voyagers and Leaders that nobody really wants to commit to. If you have the money and like gimmicks why not go full on leader? Or if you don't like gimmicks and have a tighter budget just do voyager.

9. HeavyArms

HeavyArms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This x2

10. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I love ultra's I feel leaders need to be the "badass" or the "leader's as it were and NOT just any figure should be given a leader class I.E. Bumblebee. Ultra's give you the option for scale I.E. an ultra class Movieverse ratchet would benifit from this class size. I know on the price point Hasbro will prob not make near the profit from ultra's but I'd still LOVE to see a "resurgence" of that class size.

11. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I would love to see classics/universe/generations styled voyagers and ultras make a comeback.

12. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    as long as they serve the character, do it.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Totally agree they need to come back. A variety makes everything so much better. The lack of it is what killed my interest in the Alternators line.

14. Kaymac

That's the problem with Ultras. There's not much difference between them and a Leader or Voyager. A lot of good toys are Ultras though, and it seems Ultras can be released alongside Leaders easily enough. Hasbro always says they only have so many "slots" for leaders. Ultras could go be used as backups for things deemed not Leader-worthy.

Also, the fact some Prime Voyagers will have light-up is another reason for Hasbro to not reintroduce the Ultras.

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I cant agree more. Seriously i agree 100%. My favorite figure from the Universe 2.0 line is Inferno without any doubt. And while we did get somne voyagers that were classic styled with RTS and HFTD and they are all great figures. I think that voyager is a great class size. Now Ultras i love the Universe 2.0 Ultras. Onslaught being my favorite. They both need a comeback.

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Honestly, I don't feel the need for Voyager/Ultra/Leader figures in my collection anymore. But...

I would definitely buy an updated Omega Supreme!

17. Kamex

Kamex Well-Known Member

yeah, alot of the classic/henkei voyagers were pretty nice.

Sadly, I'm not harboring any hopes of seeing new ones anytime soon...
    what with dotm/tf prime and the upcoming trilogy voyagers probably taking precedence...

18. AMG

AMG Old School

Agreed 100%. I'd love to see them return.

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should return, but only if the characters are right for the mold. I loved the Powerglide, but he's just too big to really work on a shelf with Warpath or Tracks. (and the Micromaster repaint out of him was ok, but again it was a small toy originally.)

The idea for basebots at the Ultra scale for Cyberverse has merit, but I think the Leader class would work a bit better.

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    While I would like some voyagers, I would much rather have a few Leaders to anchor my collection, atleast on the Autobot side. Kind of odd that I start looking at my collection on how it will display, but that is where it has gotten for me. FP Bruticus and Maketoys Devs will make nice bookends on one D-Con shelf, and 2010 Unicron makes a nice centerpiece on another D-Con shelf. For Autobots, about all I have are the FP Superion sets to anchor each side, and they just don't cut it for me. Would love atleast a centerpiece like Omega Supreme or Metroplex for one shelf. May have to make due with the Sixshot repaint.