Minor/Repaint: Universe Starscream Touch Up

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Thunder_Cracker, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Shortly after touching up my RoTF Prime, I looked towards another figure that needed some pimpin' up for my second custom work :) 

Though I'm thankful for the paint job that was decided on this guy, Universe Starscream didn't live up to his character... Being blindingly white with a hint of orange on the side and all that :p  So here's my take on him, combining the Henkei! and Classics version of him and converting him into a well balanced T_C Starscream :) 
    C&C are always welcome :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see, I painted the nose cone using Tamiya Blue to start giving him his G1 homage

[​IMG]
    Tail wings painted in the same Tamiya Blue along with Tamiya Red, they seemed too plain to be left alone

[​IMG]
    Painted over the orange bits with Tamiya Red, that definitely improved the figure by alot, and knees with Tamiya Blue

[​IMG]
    Tried to give him chrome-like barrels resembling Henkei! using Tamiya Chrome Silver with some Tamiya Metallic Blue on the missiles
    (I dozed off while painting him and accidentally used the Blue to see how it would look like on a figure :p  but it looks nice :p )

[​IMG]
    Wheels painted with Tamiya Black, while shoulders stripes painted with Tamiya Royal Blue
    (It appears very dark in the pictures, but it blends very well in realism)

[​IMG]

Armed with a decent paint job, Starscream can now overthrow Megatron and take lead of the Decepticons as he has always dreamed of :thumb 

* Some bits need a little bit of paint to highlight them, but this is the overall work that's been done to him
    ** I missed painting the insides of his intakes yellow because I wanted to know your opinion about them, might do them later on or something

T_C

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    YES! I did the same thing with my Universe Starscream. Actually, one was a full repaint in my style and the other one was touched up like yours by making the red RED.

It now matches my MP Starscream.

3. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    He looks really good. I've been meaning to get around to touching up the red on mine for months now. I'm planning on keeping the white nosecone though. I like how he looks with it. I think it makes SS look like even more of a jerk all white like that.
    I'll tell you what I've done on all of my Classics seekers is cut out that crossbar between their "pecks". They dont' need it, and they look so much better without it.

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I may do the same with my SS Although I agree with keeping the white nosecone. Before I start that though, I have to finish my Skywarp and all the other projects I have going on.

5. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

What a great and clean job. :thumb  Very nice work.

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Yessss.....great job there

7. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    I don't own the mold so I could never have known which parts you painted if you hadn't explained it. Factory-quality clean touchups, man. :thumb 

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is really slick; nice work, Radicon :thumb 

9. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

Sorry :p  I have a bad habit of not taking before/in progress pictures of the work I do, but I always point out what bits were changed :D 

Thanks alot :D 

10. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that's a rockin looking starscream. great job

11. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Nice job! I still gotta get me this version of him.