Universe soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by imwthstpd, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I have to agree with you, the van concept from animated is terrible. imo. I don't really care about mass-shifting or anything like that. A cassette alt for works just great for me, especially that microcassette. It's not that I'm against new things, it's just they haven't done anything that has been executed well.

2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Before universe is dead I want a Soundwave. I would like to have a Trailbreaker, Wheeljack & Tracks but I will be happy if we get a Soundwave.

3. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    Soundwave should be in Universe 2.5's Classics series (After ROTF- Hasbro said Universe could return after ROTF) as a Delivery Van outfitted to be a goverment security van, complete with satellite dish that transforms into a handheld gun. The windsheild upsidedown could become the chest, the nose of the veichle would become his shoulders, his front wheels and axel flip over his shoulder to be his shouldercannon and his legs would be a stylised version of the animated version, but adapted for the back of the veicle and to be taller. He would be Crossover sized (classed a 'Mega' by Hasbro at the time) and avaible in a Voyager 2-pak with a scout-sized BETTER Classics series Bumblebee, which would ALSO be availble on it's own. The Voyager 2pak would have more paint applications then the singular one.

I put alot of thought into things.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm fine with Cybertron Soundwave. I'd rather see other characters in the Universe line first.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    as stated, cybertron soundwave is a great stand in, as is music label soundwave, who isnt super expensive...now, that said, if they release that SUV mold in classics, i'd definitely be interested, even though i have ML and Cyb soundwave too...not sure what i'd do with ML, but cyb would remain in my unicron minions, which is where he is now...

6. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I just didn't care for the Cybertron version of Soundwave. It was a cool toy, but it just didn't feel like Soundwave to me. I've thought about getting the music label Soundwave. I'm just holding out to see if we get anything out of Universe first.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does everybody that the "realism/anti-mass shifting stance" for Universe works retroactively?

That stance came after Classics was already released.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ah, i can understand that...i thought it was a great update of the original character...and worked well for that series too...he stood in my classics for awhile, until i got my ML...and now my music label sits there with a titanium laserbeak for now...and soon ravage will join

9. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

The mass-shifting rule works fine with me when it comes to the movie- because it's a movie. I just think it's kind of ridiculous to apply that to Universe/Classics. The point of the Classics line is to give a slight update to the G1 characters. I think it's garbage that they wouldn't be willing to make a character what they were in G1 because of a rule that is applied best and most logically with the movie franchise. Prowl was a cop car, so he was made into a cop car. Sunstreaker and Sideswipe are Lamborghinis, they made them Lamborghinis. Starscream was an F-15 Eagle, and they kept that instead of making him a Raptor (which would have been fine by me, but I'm quite glad they kept him an Eagle). A Classics Soundwave should be the microcassette recorder.

Edit: I've never gotten a good look at it until now, but yeah, the ML Soundwave is pretty awesome. Probably the only downside being the cassettes don't fit in him, but I wouldn't be keeping them there anyway. I'm picking it up as soon as I can.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    They got to make that universe soundwave and hopefully Ravage can fit into their. :) 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing ML Soundwave released stateside, but I'd rather see an Ultra class Universe Soundwave....Voyager-sized but including Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw the same size as the Ravage that's coming with Hound. And on the packaging I don't want them to specify which is which for Rumble and Frenzy, just so I can sit back and laugh at the arguing that commences.

12. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

I dont see why they couldnt make a "real Gear " of that design. Just maybe make the scale slightly larger and even bill it as a different character. But deep down we would all know who it was.