Minor/Repaint: Universe Soundwave WIP 02: More Cassettes!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Well squee, after fiddling around with the guy for a bit, I found something nifty. I still need a few pegs to keep everything secure. . .

[ATT]11228[/ATT]

But G1 cassettes fit rather well in the hood chest. X3

[ATT]11229[/ATT]

(Poor minion could use some cleaning up, though. ^^;) 

[ATT]11230[/ATT]

Squee, time to begin rebuilding the family!

[ATT]11231[/ATT]

Aaand an attempt at trying to get a decent shot of Soundwave's mug-in-progress. I need to nab a tripod or something. @.@

So yeah, going to see if I can't find a few more cassettes and a way to stow them in the alt mode. If it takes me long enough, I might even toss in 25th Ani Ravage when I get my Hound. X3

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Doesn't look too bad. The fact that his casettes fit in the modded chest is pretty awesome

3. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    Nice idea! that mold suits soundwave very well i think, further more with what you did to the hood.

Keep up the good work!

4. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

I'm afraid 25th anniversary Ravage won't fit,he's twice as thick in cassette mode.
    Loving the custom though.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah. you'd have to make the cavity thicker, but still this is indeed cool.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I thought they said 25th Ravage could fit in G1 soundwave's chest?

7. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Cassette's actually fit in at an angle right now. It might not be as pretty, but Ravage still ought to fit on his own. I'll see what happens when he shows up. ^^

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Very cool. Bout tiime!!! You've been thinking of this one for a while, right?

9. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Dude, sweet!! Can he still TF?

10. luke4

luke4 crocon

nice!

11. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    That's AWESOME!! Now you can build the cassette bot army!!:cool: 

Do you have any updated pics of the cab/Laserbeak!!:D 

12. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Bleh, too tired to sort the pictures into either post, so just threw them up. Now let's see if I can answer some of these replies.

Since two cassettes fit fine into the chest, I figure Ravage will be in there. ^^ See above photo. =3

Not so much thinking for a while as putting him on hold. After fiddling with my first Ironhide-Trailbreaker conversion (something I'm tossing into the abandon bin), Soundwave sort just happened. Last thread, for anyone who missed it, can be seen http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/heavy-mods-5/universe-soundwave-wip-165487/

As for transforming, the transformation is very similar to TFTM Ironhide, but simplified. The only thing missing is the cab, which brings me to the next point:

Buzzsaw's coming along fine. The dorsal cannons need some detailing and a more permanent mount (sorry guys, tape just won't cut it XP). He transforms into the cab and then pegs right into Soundwave's alt mode. ^^ Poor thing's head snapped off after pictures though, so I've got to take care of that before anything else.

Squee, now I just need to nab me a G1 Laserbeak, or some possible update, and once Ravage arrives in stores, I think I'll be okay. ^^

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for the pics and update!! All is coming together as planned ......(rubs hands together fiendishly):cool: 

14. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Squee, still need to finish repairs on Buzzsaw/Laserbeak, but some things that I've been fiddling with on 'Wave.

[ATT]12307[/ATT]

Replaced the arms with Alt Swindle's for some added blockiness and articulation (yay fingers! =D).

I've been considering modifying Ironhide's weapons to resemble Soundwave's more closely, but those suckers look like they'd be a pain to take apart. Nabbed some tanks off of a 1/32 Peterbilt I had sitting around popped 'em into place. I think extra fuel tanks ought to be a nice update to 'Wave's original batteries. Still need to modify them a good amount, but since these tanks are easy to disassemble (one screw! =D), they ought to be ready for next update.

No idea whether or not I'll keep the chrome.

15. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

akkk !!! lol i had the same idea with that mold and have not started it yet. when i saw iron hides guns and the back of the head i had the same thought soundwave. if and when i do mine i am not going to do the casette door though. that is really cool. the chrome will work if they are to scale with the figure. chrome is a good thing :thumb 
    also all your work is awsome thanks for posting

16. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Well, lucky for me there's plenty of clearance in the alt mode. You can see 'em below just sitting on the ground. When I get everything properly rigged up, the truck'll be able to roll without the tanks scraping along. XP

[ATT]12428[/ATT]

Thanks for the compliment on the work as well! ^^ Awesome in concept, possibly, but I need to get at least a few of these guys finished. The only completed bash I have is a tweaked Classics Cliffjumper, and I never bothered nabbing photos. XP