Heavy/Scratch: Universe Skyfall Upgrade (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Venksta, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Update: June 17th, 2010

Read me!

Final photos have been attached in newer posts of the finished kit, along with comparisons to Universe Silverbolt and Darkwind. Pricing info can be found a couple spots after. Please do not PM me about buying the kit at this time. I will be going through this thread and sending PM's to members who asked for a kit. Once everyone in this thread has been contacted, I will open the sale up to others. If you want to get on the waiting list, goto the following thread and post a reply there.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commi...9169-renderform-accessories-upgrade-kits.html

-Old stuff-

Hey guys. So now that I wait for the prototypes for the other project, I'm starting work on my Hardhead vs Skyfall addon parts. Both heads will incorporate the light up eyes feature that the toys have. This is a must for me. :D 

Below are concept designs for Skyfall's new head. Its based off the G2 Skyjack figure, who Skyfall is suppose to be. I'm also thinking of adding a sniper rifle as a new weapon for him, which was suggested by my friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the rough head model. Now I can start adding the details.

[​IMG]

Hardhead will have most of the new parts. I plan to create an actual headmaster, with the head based off the cartoon/IDW comic design. I want to try and work in the face plate from the toy, and make it retractable or something. I also will add updated weapons for him based on the G1 weapons, and add the cannon from G1. The concept below is just a rough idea. The cannon turned out differently then I planned. There will be a seat on the top of the cannon for the head master to sit/ride on in altmode. I also was thinking of adding tank treads, but I think it will not fit the altmode. Anyways, feedback and suggestions are always welcome. :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how EPICALLY AWESOME you are!

this is amazing!

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow cool stuff V-man!

Are you planning on selling these? Or customs for personal use?

4. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

Your work in progress design pics are cool man. I've always enjoyed seeing the idea and conception process. I noticed what appears to be a 3d illustration. Are you planning on printing these designs from a 3d printer?

5. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm loving the SkyFall head design you've got going, it's something I've been dying to see someone tackle since I got mine. Can't wait to see this in the final stages. That Hardhead concept is looking mighty nice as well, if you do plan on releasing this as an upgrade kit it looks like I'll be picking up 2 Hardheads. One for YR's and one for yours. Nice stuff Venksta!

6. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    i just love the mesh of drawings and toys. it looks like a comic.

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That Skyfall looks vicious. Whoa.....

8. Venksta

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. :) 

Thanks. Lets hope these turn out good. :) 

Personal first. If there is interest, and I can do a short run, then I'd consider selling them as a set. :) 

Thanks dude! I am modeling the parts in 3D and having them laser prototyped. I've had experience with clients who used the 3D models I made to have prototyped, but nothing for myself yet. The Classics prime/megatron weapons set is my first project where I've designed items for myself. So hopefully it goes well. The prototypes were ordered for that set, and should be arriving next week.

Thanks! I love the color scheme on Skyfall, but its only problem for me is the repainted head. I really hope the head I'm designing turns out like I planned in my head. :) 

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  9. Venksta

News Credits:
    Hi everyone. Got an update on Skyfall's head. Got the detailings done. I could use feedback on it before I move onto the next step. What do you guys think of the detailing? Too much, too little? Good enough? Any detail design I should remove or change? Your feedback would be appreciated! :) 

I think I have time to start working on Duros and Hardhead's head today. Got a idea how to make Duros transform into the head. It'll be different from the G1 design, but have the classics feel to it hopefully.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it looks perfect man!

11. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Your ideas are awesome. You got to figure out away to get them all available to sell, I think they would go like wildfire (assuming the cost isn't to high).

12. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Truly astonished, mate - either you can model at 60trillion vertexs/sec, or you've got a DeLorean sitting outside. :eek: 

And what's even more amazing than the speed you're churning these out at is the quality of the meshes. I must sound like a broken record at the moment, but I really can't wait to see how you tackle Duros. :rock 

13. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    That looks AWESOME. And V - chalk me down for an upgrade kit if you decide to do em!

14. Venksta

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback. Someone pointed out that the G2 Skyjack head was narrower at the bottom. After looking up photos, I adjusted the visor area to match it closer. The left one is the original design, and the right one is the modified. Should I go with the modified version? I think it looks more evil now, haha.

For those wanting to be able to buy this, I am designing it so it will be easy to switch this head in with the original. The only things I have to see is how the prototype works out, and if I can do my own casting good enough to make these.

[​IMG]

Thanks man. I guess the tricks I've learned over the years helps me model fast. I think I only spent like 1.5 hours total on this head so far. I spent more time planning then modeling, as I work things out in my head. But sometimes I just have to try working out parts on the fly as well. I can't wait to start Duros as well. I have some interesting ideas for him. :) 

Attached Files:

15. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah the modified one is better looking. Its the brow. More evil. I like.

16. Venksta

News Credits:
    Finished the head for Skyfall. Below are some renders showing it off in color, and the actual assembly on the neck joint. :) 

I'll be starting his sniper rifle next. I started playing around with the transformation for Duros into his head mode. I got half of it figured out. The pivot points for each joint is being a pain to figure out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heck yeah!... And damn you now I need to buy Skyfall LOL :) 

18. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

AWESOME, love the new mods.

19. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Both look great. If Skyfall had come with that head I may have actually bought him.

20. Blasterpwns

Blasterpwns Regretting my username...

Crap, two more toys I have to buy and more upgrade kits to go with them. :p 

This is looking good, joking aside. How much are these going to set me back?