Universe Silverstreak Hip Joint

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Jan 20, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Search ain't working, sue me. But Umm, I was photographing my Universe Silverstreak last night and I was trying to get him into some cool poses. Well I tried moving his leg at the hip joint and it seemed pretty tight. I gave it a little more pressure and I heard a snap. I look and his leg (red part) at the joint cracked. Not sure it it was really tight or if I wasn't supposed to move it. Has this been a problem for anyone else? The figure is fine, there is just a crack there which seems won't worsen as long as I don't do the same thing to it again.

2. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw, bummer man. I haven't had anything break (yet) on my Silverstreak. I've been afraid that the clear plastic door ball joints will break one day.

If it makes you feel any better I broke my ROTF desert Ratchet last night. His windshield hinge cracked, so the windshield has to sit on his waist in robot mode.

3. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Yup, happened to me the day I bought my first one.

There were other reports of this and I remember a few people on seibs discussing it at the time.

I returned it for another one, which was fine. So, yea...you're not the only one.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn man, that sucks. I haven't messed around with my SS that much, but mine has been fine so far. I've never even heard of this happening. My SS's legs are pretty tight, though I haven't really had much trouble posing him. Though I might check to see if there's any damage just in case.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think most of the repaints I have of that mold have the same problem, shitty hips that are stressed.

I noticed it before I tried messing with the articulation so it's fine, I just leave it alone.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Same thing happened to mine. I don't know what it is, but I think the ball joint might have had extra plastic in it or something.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Honestly haven't had any problems (this or other) with any versions of the mold.

8. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies doodes. Like I said though, Mine should be fine as long as I don't try to pose him again. So all is good.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I haven't had any problems with Bluestreak's hips stressing or breaking, but the ones on mine are a little weird. They have a tendency to slide back into their original position when I try to move them, as if there was something in the joint that keeps it from moving freely. I have to keep his knees bent back to get him standing perfectly straight, otherwise he's noticeably leaning forward. Neither my Prowl nor my Smokescreen has this problem (Smokescreen does have some problems, but his hips are fine).

10. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Any idea about the Henkei version having that problem? Been thinkin' bout buying one.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I have different hip problems on my Silverstreak. When going into car mode, his upper leg rotates in such a way that his car wheels won't touch four-on-the floor.

12. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

My Streak's like this too. His hips are really tight, and he has one spot where the leg wants to be. It's a little forward of upright, so if I straighten his knees he looks like he's looking down over a cliff or something. Prowl's legs are similar, but nowhere near as stubborn.