Universe Sideswipe

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by salmonman78, Oct 5, 2008.

1. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Anyone else get one that seems to have issues? Wife got me one and I opened it a little while ago and the door on his left arm would just swing around(not bad, fixed already) but noticed turning the part to bring his head up it doesn't sit right when I turn it all the way,at a bit of an angle also sticks halfway up. Also the engine part is mismolded so the two grey intakes(folding parts) when flat one looks tilted up and one down.

I heard of issues with QC but damn, first one thats happened to me.

2. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I don't have those problems, but I did notice that the joints on mine are significantly more loose than the ones in Sideswipe. None of them are bad enough that he can't be pose or work just fine. It seems like his hood is a little harder to pin down, which is probably a result of the looseness but it's not a big deal. I like Sideswipe better. I think the mold just looks better in red.

3. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

You'll have to take his body apart and move the gear up a notch or down depending on how bad. My Sunstreaker was the same way.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Mine has all those problems as well.:redface2: 

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I had all those problems with my Sunstreaker (except the door), Sideswipe has none of those though.
    DN

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Dam that sux. Both of mine are fine. But man I hate to hear of this type of quality.

7. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Mine has two right shoulders:
    [​IMG]

Not really a big issue, but it does bug me a little.

8. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    My Sunstreaker is fine, the only reason I got him was because I couldent wait for Sideswipe. But I had some serious paint issues, it took me a while to find one I could live with.

Im still looking for a Sideswipe, I may have to wait till WED or SUN till I can go to the "Collectors Warehouse" thats out here.

Though Im a Optimus collector I want a Sideswipe bad! But now Im kinda having second thoughts after reading all this.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Dont let all the bad news sway you from getting him. Hes a great figure. Mine is perfect and I found him at a Garage Sale of all places. These problems are very few and in between.
    [​IMG]

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The right arm on mine has several loose joints, most noticeably the piece that attaches the door to the forearm. Unless the gun is in place to hold it steady, the door will flop down so it's hanging below the arm instead of staying in place beside it.

11. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    I think my Sideswipe is actually of better quality than my Sunstreaker. His engine and gun fit together into the super gun mode, unlike my Sunstreaker, his head reveal is straight, unlike my Sunstreaker, and most of all I think the red paint looks fantastic, especially with the white plastic used for most of the rest of him. The only downside to my Sideswipe is that he doesn't quite fit together as well as my Sunstreaker does. Oh, and the right shoulder had a piece of excess plastic that I had to take off, but that wasn't that big of a deal, honestly.

12. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    There's always going to be some bad ones. Mine has a loose left elbow, but I still love this figure. I just wish he had a spare gun/shoulder launcher.

13. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Don't get me wrong, he is a awesome figure and if you find him get him. Just first time I've ran into a issue with a figure, no biggie, gonna fix that cog/mechanism and he'll be mint.

By the way, wasn't he supposed to be able to put the gun on the shoulder like his launcher used to be?

14. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Both of mine are fine. I have no problems with either...I must get lucky with the ones I pick out, Knock on wood. My Ironhide is even in pretty good shape. Not any of the loose parts issue I had heard about. I will say that his paint scheme is hideous though. I almost wanna paint a whole new red over him and fix the blue bits. I was always gonna fix the blue..but now this might be a whole makeover attempt. Sideswipe is awesome though.. He and Sunstreaker look awesome together..I never had Sunstreaker as a kid. To me he was one of those holy grail characters...It's nice to have badass updates like these together. Big Thumbs Up

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mine has the loose door panel attachment on the right arm of my Sideswipe. The door panel also doesn't have any clearance from the arm if the panel is pushed as far in as possible on the arm. The little black clear piece that's the window doesn't have enough room away from the shoulder like the left arm does.

16. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I'll give it a go, I even happen to get a G1 gun for him a few weeks ago. But guess what!? It doesent fit LOL! Still working on that problem.

17. Battlewagon

Battlewagon Well-Known Member

i haven't had a problem with mine. he is prolly my favorite universe figure i have picked up so far.