Universe Sideswipe arm issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blackdrop, May 1, 2010.

1. Blackdrop

Blackdrop Well-Known Member

I apologize if this isn't really the right place for this, but I'm reaching my wits end with the stupid thing.

See the thing is, the door on the left arm of my universe Sideswipe had come loose, and in a slipshod attempt to fix it I unscrewed it all the way off and can't seem to get it back on.

You might not be able to tell from the pics below, but the screw isn't broken. The gap between the arm and the door mount is just simply to small or awkward to get the screwdriver in there to screw it back on. I've also tried just packing the gap with with packing peanuts and later some duct tape in order to hold the screw in place while I spin the door back on and that works long enough for me to get the door back on the screw, but them the screw carves at the packing enough so it can spin freely.

I didn't think knocking the pins in forearm his out since I can't tell what they're holding in place and lack the proper tools to do so.

Can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should be able to pop the screw/black nub out of the black wrist piece with enough force, directed from the inside of the wrist piece. That door is pretty easy to pop off of the wrist peice even when it's assembled correctly (door + black nub + screw). A flathead screwdriver might fit in that gap between the arm and the wrist piece.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  3. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the small black piece with the screw now stuck in the door mount should be screwed onto the door.
    if it's stuck on the arm, it means that something has broke. or the screw thread in the door has been damaged. You should get something to push out the black nub and try to think of a way to fix it back on the door.