universe scourge/cyclonus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jordo02, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

is this true they are coming out?

also a starscream again? i wonder if he will be different looking from original classics release...

i want scouge and cyclonus BAD if this is true.

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I hope it will be an RID Scourge remake :D 

3. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

no way! i want one similar to titanium :) 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro needs to look into re-releases/reissues. I would buy a reissue RID Scourge in a heartbeat,not to mention other fans and the casual TF buyer who's never owned it. Or a reissue of BW TM Megs. Again, both fans and the average TF consumer would buy that.

We know we're getting a Universe Cyclonus. He is supposedly quite awesome.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...e-robot-heroes-listings-walmart-computer.html

I'm also hoping for it to turn out to be a RID Scourge homage, but either way I'll more than likely buy him. A reissue of him would be just as cool as a new mold though. As for Cyclonus, from what I've heard he's supposed to be pretty good. Especially since he happens to retain his alt-modes general shape, and his targetmaster, Nightstick. As for the Starscream figure, I'm actually hoping it is a new mold Armada Starscream figure.

Edit: I usually don't care about scale, but if it does turn out to be a homage to G1 Scourge, he's going to look a little odd next to Cyclonus, imo. Even weirder posed with Galvatron, but as I'm not going to be getting Galvatron, it doesn't bother me.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    If its RID Scourge I hope its a new mold and better than the original. RID Scourge is awesome and the Laser Rod mold is hard to beat, its one of the best Prime molds ever made.

With that said I doubt anyone would want to pay $25 for it cab only, and the trailer was important, it was an awesome base and used in the cartoon frequently. Its not like other cartoons where it just fucking disappears.

A new mold with better articulation(again hard to beat on the original), more realistic aesthetic and more refined styling would be awesome.

Hell it could even make for a G1 repaint...and nearly all of us at one point wanted Laser Rod Prime in G1 colors. I'm surprised to say this, but the Laser Rod mold, as much as I love it, is dated, which is why I would prefer an all new one, especially for the price. If its brand new, then I can deal without the trailer.

7. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But in hindsight G1 style Scourge and Cyclonus would make more sense

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Yeah I can see it being Generation 1 Scourge. Along with Galvy, Cyclonus and the Unicron reissue they'll look pretty good together.

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I definitely want a G1 Cyclonus but I am with Split Lip in that I want a RID Scourge reissue. He was an awesome toy and the only RID toy I really like. Can't wait to see pics of the Universe Cyclonus.

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If it is G1 Scourge then that sucks for army builders.
    $30 per sweep? outrageous.

Unless you used the Universe toy as scourge and then the titanium as sweeps.

11. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:

12. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    heck yeah! you need sweeps and the cyclonus twins

13. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that Scourge is Motormaster. Because they did lose the trademark, considering that in Classics, Motormaster was Menasor. I could care less about Scourge the sweep after Titanium got it done. I'm probably the only one who thinks of Titanium as awesome.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, we've known about Cyclonus since Botcon. He's going to look like is original self (he'll be able to ignore the 'real world vehicle' mandate due to him being released during the '25th Anniversary' portion of Universe) and he'll also be coming with his Targetmaster partner Nightbeat.

Nothing aside from the name and price point is known about Scourge at the moment. To be honest, as much as I want an updated G1 Scourge out of Universe, at this point I don't want him to be an Ultra. Galvatron and Cyclonus are deluxes so do G1 Scourge later as a deluxe. I'm hoping that this guy is either RID Scourge or Cybertron Scourge (though Cybertron Scourge doesn't really need an update me thinks). RID Scourge, while the Laser Rod Prime mold is among my favorite Prime molds of all time... it is rather outdated now (though it does still hold up nicely against today's standards) and would benefit from some more modern styling and design techniques. If it's an all new mold I could also due without the cab. Not to mention, if it is RID Scourge, it's an easy repaint into Optimus Prime later on.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Personally I wouldn't want a G1 style Scourge as I never liked the design or the character. The upcoming Cyclonus on the other hand looks amazing awesome! :D 

16. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Universe Scourge will be killer, awesome freakin' sh!t!!:bay 

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I agree that if it is RiD Scourge that he needs his trailer, and it has to be all crome. Prime never made real use of his trailer outside of holding Roller, but Scourge's trailer was a big bin of death and chocked full of his personal artillery.

With this new Universe, and the included 25th Anniversary line, they're trying to incorporate all the best that Transformers has had to offer from the past 25 years. And I doubt you'll find many who won't agree that Scourge is one of the best and most memorable things to come out of RiD, a series which as of yet seems to not have been mentioned.

That's what makes Scourge so awesome, he was really the first "Black Prime"...but he wasn't exactly a Black Prime. Though originally based on Prime in RiD, he was fused with numerous different things and swiftly became his own character and one of the best from not only RiD, but anything that followed it. He is, imo, the one most deserving of a re-release/new mold from RiD for the 25th.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cyclonus Yes

Scourge Could be G1 or RID Hell Cybertron...but i doubt it's the cybertron one.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I've never seen RID Scourge as just another black Prime repaint. He's much more than that, imo. While he technically was a Prime repaint, it would have been different if he was a repaint of RID Prime. As it is he stands out on his own. If we are getting a RID Scourge homage in the Universe/25th Ann. line, I'll be really happy. I can't remember who said it, but someone said something to the point that the SDCC Nemesis Prime would render any Universe RID Scourge pointless. I really disagree with that, as neither figure would really look anything like the other. It's like comparing Universe Powerglide and Silverbolt. They just don't have enough in common to have any affect on the others release.

20. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

there has never been universe scourge or cyclonus (unless you count botcon exclusive cyclonus as universe). there are plans for a classics 2.0 cyclonus but no word on scourge.