Universe Robot Heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Icetron, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Okay I just have a small question, I picked up the Movie BB + Barricade set and was not impressed by them at all. What I didn't like about the movie ones were the lack of paint apps and the designs just didn't work for me. I never had any of the G1 ones but I think they look much better.

I'm pretty tempted to buy the Universe Cheetor/Blackarachnia and maybe the set with Rattrap but before I do I'm wondering how these Robot Heroes compare to the previous 2 lines (G1 and Movie).

Your thoughts/opinions would help me a lot, thanks! :) 

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see no real difference in paint ap or plastic quality between the 3 versions of robot heroes. G1 just looks the best because the character models are already simplistic

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    g1 robot heroes are more nostalgic. They have good poses and expressions and retain many details of the original toys, such as starscream's upper leg stickers.
    I just have the first 8 packs of the g1 robot heroes. (the new packs hav'ent shown up for me yet)

I don't really care for the beast wars guys, though apparently megatron is missing that black portion of his chin.

one other thing to note is there is going to be a beast machines cheetor and tankor set. So you will have some cheetor heroes options.

4. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

The movie robot heroes didn't really do squat for me. The concept is much better suited to the G1 and Beast Wars versions.

5. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

I've been collecting only the G1 Robot Heroes. I picked up the newest two packs recently (Galv/Sun and Hound/Blitz) and they are pretty much the same quality as the older ones EXCEPT for one little annoying thing. All of them except Galvatron have a real problem standing up. I tried shifting their weight and arms but the placement of their top heavy figures and feet they just keep flopping over. I have them in the back of my collection now resting against the back of my shelf to prop them up.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I had that same problem too for Hound/Blitz, but after a while they'll start to settle under their own weight and get a nice balance. Now those two stand firm and flat with all the other Robo Heros I have.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally The G1 designs lend themselves to 'cute' a lot better than the others. The BW aren't bad but there's something a little off about the ones I have. The Movie versions aren't that great at all IMO.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I've got them all on my dresser on three connected plastic staircase spice organizers, DAMN do they look awesome in a big lineup like that. I love these guys and can't wait to see what else Hasbro has planned for them, including movie sequel ones.
    DN

9. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only favorite beast wars hero is Rattrap.

10. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I don't really think the BW Robot Heroes are that great. I only bought Cheetor/Blackarachnia so I could display BA with Megatron, Starscream and Blitzwing (it's like a retconned G1 to be Animated! I feel so awesome! All I need is Tankor to repaint in Lugnut's colors and I'm laughin'!)

But I think that Rattrap, Megatron, and Tarantulus all look a bit crappy. I'll still get the Rhinox/Waspinator pack, because that's the only one that looks good, imo. And TM Megatron looks sweet, but I'm on the fence since I don't like Silverbolt.

The G1 RHs, on the other hand, as everyone else has said, are superb. I couldn't be happier with Sunstreaker, Galvatron and Blitzwing, and my only gripe with Hound is that mine has wonky feet, so he has to be kept of a level, solid surface to stand. He won't even stand on a stack of comics, it has to be a desk, shelf or table. I can't wait for the other three sets, and hope that we get plenty more G1 RHs. I'd love a Devastator in the scale of the Super Hero Squad Galactus, maybe with a little Wheeljack or Sideswipe as his opponent. And we need a blue repaint of "Rumble" so that I can call HIM Rumble and the other one Frenzy :lol :

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've noticed that (for the most part) While the movie RH figures are what they are, the G1 figures seem based entirely on the cartoon models, while the BW figures appear to be a mix of cartoon and toy details.

12. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I WISH! If they were ENTIRELY based on the cartoon models, Cliffjumper would have a better head!

13. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Eh, Cliffy doesn't count anyway, since Hasbro wasn't going to do a remold for an exclusive like that. Probably going to be the same way if the G1 Legends Bumblebee gets repainted into Cliffjumper, poor guy.

I wasn't all that hot on the Movie Robot Heroes, once I really think about it. Scorponok and Dispensor are notable exceptions though, Scorpy for being an adorable death machine and Dispy for being the ONLY toy of the character! Optimus Prime also gets points for not having that annoying crouched posture 90% of RHs have.

I love the G1 designs, but can't get myself interested enough to collect every single one of them like I originally planned, at least for now.

And as for Beast Wars guys, I think they're about 50/50. TM Megatron and Waspinator look perfect, and Rhinox and Silverbolt look pretty good. Rattrap/Megatron is an incredible and nearly perfect set though, but suffers a tad from my one complaint with the line - colors. Rattrap thankfully isn't as green as earlier pics made him out to be, but the fur color is still odd. Silverbolt seems more metallic than he should be, Fuzor or not... and far too green. Tarantulas is just puzzling.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any chance of a pic of this. I have yet to open any of my RH, there all hanging on the wall. Would like to see what it looks like and decide if its worth opening them

15. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    I haven't decided whether or not to get the BW ones yet. If I knew that they were releasing Dinobot I'd get them for sure. I just don't want them without Dinobot to complete the team.

16. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I just took a long look at the Cheetor/BA pack I was eyeing and decided to pass. :(  I don't really like the face on Cheetor and BA looks disappointing, and I liked both the chars in the show. I'll have to wait to see the future sets but for now I think I might try to find the older G1 ones instead...

It just seems to me that every pack isn't 'perfect', there's always a char that looks bad or I'm just not interested in. For the Rattrap/Megs pack I don't like Megs, and etc.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You didn't let me finish my sentence!

"... except when repainted."

There ya go, slick. :)