Universe Releases -what's currently available?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smasher, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I just recently found both the red Universe Powerglide and Universe Inferno at retail.
    They each show "also available" on the back of the package with more Universe toys displayed.

Is that true? Are the toys shown also currently available at retail, or does Hasbro just feel like it has to show something there?

I was out of work when I saw Smokescreen and the G1 accurate Starscream so I didn't buy them.
    It would be nice to be able to get them this time around.

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

The boxes' "Also Available" basically shows the toy's wave-mates; the other TFs that came out in the wave. The Universe Red Powerglide is a brand new release so it's wave-mates Hardhead and Skyfall are available as well if not soon. Universe Inferno on the other hand was released during the spring earlier this year. Most likely you just picked up an Inferno that's been sitting on the shelves for months. Whether his wave-mates are still available or not depends on how well they've sold since the spring.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    It may have been on the shelves somewhere, but not at that Toys R Us.
    I go there a lot.

I stopped by last week because of the 2:3 video game sale and they had Vector Prime and Inferno on the shelves.
    They also had the improperly colored version of Powerglide.

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Mostly just exclusives out now with some shelfwarmers, you can find em online but its a big doubt that you will find Screamer, and Smokey, in retail now.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hasbro Toy Shop has Smokescreen, $9.99. No Starscream though.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thanks.

I just checked the boxes and Powerglide has Skyfall on the side and Dinobot, Starscream, and Smokescreen on the bottom. I doubt they'll be on the shelves though.

7. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Heh, I can't find Universe figures in my area ANYWHERE. I went to a meijers once and saw a Shelfwarming Cheetor, and some other store, can't remember the name, and saw a Dropshot, but that's all for the Universe figures I've seen.

Yeah. They're scarce in my area.:( 

But yeah, G1 Repainted Powerglide, Skyfall, and Hardhead are about it.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i found a stash of figures, seems they haven't moved in that city at all, probably 3 or 4 cases of the hound/starscream/cyclonus and cheetor wave, might have to pick some of them up

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    The only Universe that is actively shipping are the store exclusive Voyagers and Ultras or leftover backstock. Inferno's co-sells were selected because they WERE shipping when he originally came out last spring. The new Ultras (Red Powerglide) are just filling space basically.

TRU may have some backstock sitting around, but Hasbro is not actively shipping mass retail Universe toys. Walmart and Target cleared what they had left earlier in the year to get movie toys on shelves and are primarily carrying exclusives. TRU may still CARRY Universe, but they are NOT recieving new stock of deluxes, only leftovers from the warehouse, and to be honest, it seems Universe had a pretty solid sell through rate.

So, basically, the only Universe out there are exclusives or leftovers, it will vary by location, but a vast majority of product (especially deluxes) were cleared out earlier in the year before the movie.

10. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    My local FYE had Hot Shots, Cheetor, and Dinobots... rather overpriced, however. Other than that, it's just the current exclusives and leftovers here and there, none that I want, however.

11. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    At Wal-Mart recently I've only seen the new Exclusive Ultra Class repaints and Cheetor. I did find Cyclonus at Rite Aid this weekend.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both of my local TRUs have seen a sudden increase in TFU Inferno and Vector Prime, the latter of which I never saw at retail before now, so they must be clearing out their back stock. Of course, those two are now shelf-warming.

Other than that, the TRUs near me have some number of Silverbolt, Powerglide (grey) and Onslaught, along with tons of Darkwind and Countdown. IIRC, one of my local TRUs has a couple of Deluxe Dinobots. Target and Wal-Mart have long since cleared out their Universe stuff, although I did see a TFU Ironhide at one Wal-Mart last month.

13. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

Do you recall how much they where asking for the V_P??

In this area I haven't seen a Classics or Universe for some time. Except at the local hobby shops that hoard those kind of things then jack the price up...

End of Line

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Standard retail, IIRC, so somewhere between $20 - $25. I don't buy much at TRU, so I'm a little vague on their prices.

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

(waiting for 3.0)....:( 

16. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Online, probably your best bet to find whats still available for retail would be TRU or HTS websites. Plus the Junkion exchange is also a good place to do some TFU hunting.

17. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    As am I.

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Reissue Insecticons and Perceptor in TRU now

19. Rookbartley

Rookbartley Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Check your Rite-Aids. A bit pricey at almost 17, but I've seen Hot Shot, Ratchet, Starscream, Acid Storm and a host of others. Here's what I've been able to tell from my travels all over the country in the last two weeks. Toys R Us's in the south seem to have gotten all that overstock of the Inferno/Vector Prime wave. I've seen tons of them, at Toys R Us's in Athens, GA, Chattanooga and Knoxville. Also my girlfriend got me a Vector Prime in Daytona Beach a few weeks ago when she was there for work. Up north, not a single sighting at the Toys R Us's I go to...and I'm talking Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois...

If you are in Canada, Toys R Us seems to be pretty well stocked on the Bruticus figure from the Universe line (the Cybertron Scourge repaint). At a Toys R Us in Montreal (Brossard location) they had piles of them, and the price was just at $30, so not too bad.

If you are looking for any of these figures, I'm sure a fellow member here on the forum can help you out.

20. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Me,too!