Universe Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Nov 2, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come on hasbro are we getting one or no, and if you make him a botcon exclusive i'll kill everyone that works to decide what will be botcon exclusives.

2. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro don't want to release Universe Ratchet while Animated Ratchet is still on the shelves. Too much of a similarity. Besides, Henkei Ratchet is out in January. Patience, young paddywack.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yup, Glitcher is right, give it time. There is no WAY Hasbro designed the Ironhide mold without plans to release a Ratchet version as well at some point.

But hey, while we're on the subject, anyone want to speculate on exactly how different Universe Ratchet will be from Ironhide? A lightbar and a new head seem like a given... I'm mostly curious to see if he'll be getting a different weapon. Ironhide's dagger/gattling-gun combo doesn't seem very doctor-y. I would love to see it replaced with some sort of laser scalpel surgical tool. Whaddya think? Unrealistic request?

Oh, and... red head or white head? I'm guessing Henkei will go white (more cartoon-accurate), which would logically imply that Hasbro would go red. Or not.

EDIT: Actually, after thinking about it for a minute, maybe Ironhide's weapon would be fine for Ratchet. I guess the blade could already pass for a scalpel. Heck, that's probably why they designed it as a double-sided dealie to begin with. Huh. Okay, nothing to see here, move along....

4. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Our Ratchet will be a straight white repaint, so the head will be white. Just hope the face isn't blue.

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

It won't be if they make one, later Ironhide's are going to have that fixed. :) 

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I still see no reason Hasbro should hold off on releasing a Universe Ratchet just because Animated Ratchet is on the shelves. There's already three different Ratchets on the shelves ALL from Animated, so what's one more? Hell, even if a kid did get Universe Ratchet by mistake maybe he'd like it and want to buy more Universe toys, and vice versa for a kid mistakingly getting Animated in place of Universe. I still think that "rule " is utterly idiotic. Did it really hurt them to have Classics Optimus, Cybertron Optimus (in some cases), and like 20 Movie Optimus Prime toys on the shelves at the same time last Summer? All that said of course I do understand them not wanting to immediately throw the same mold out there with Ironhide just starting to reach saturation. Just my little rant.

Personally I'm hoping Ratchet's head will be red...not because I'm a bigger fan of the comics or anything but it does break up all the white. It would be nice if the head crest was remolded as well. I doubt they'd go to the trouble of remolding the weapon.

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, especially since the Ironhide mold has a roof piece similar to Prowl/Silverstreak, so it'd be easy to swap it out with one that has a light bar.

I think light bar and head swap are definitely a given. I think both the Hasbro and Henkei will have white heads, especially if Hasbro or Takatomy goes to the trouble of remolding the head. As for the weapon, it'd be cool to have a new one that mimics the laser scapel or even a wrench.

Probably the big difference between the Universe and Henkei versions (besides the chrome) will be that one will have a red cross and the other won't.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Oddly enough I think the mold will actually look better in Ratchet's usual color scheme. Personally I would prefer him to have a white head, but either way will be fin by me. I'm not sure if I'll get Ironhide, but I'm almost certain that I'll get Ratchet when he's finally made. Something about the thought of the mold in mostly white with a new head and a light bar makes it appealing enough to want.

Edit: As for the whole Animated>Universe rule, it doesn't bother me one bit. It's not like it stops us from ever getting a Universe Ratchet. If it did, then I would have a problem with it, but as-is I'm perfectly ok with it, as it makes sense.

9. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Ha, paddywack thats funny. :rolleyes:  Anyways I know that rule and I hate it at the same time.

At first I wanted a new molded weapon but a reetool would do fine, and the head should be red and the whit should be bone white like starscreams. I think he should like like this [​IMG] minus the red cross (I hate you voluntier..ers)
    Soi Soi Soi I don't know, he will probobly have a silver/blue face.
    I know I totaly hate that rule.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I can deal with a white headed Ratchet, but I'm -really- hoping he gets red head/white horns instead. Since cartoon Ratchet pretty much did squat and comics Ratchet did WAYYY more I see him as the more iconic version.
    DN

11. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Yeah you gotta have that combo.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't understand this thread, we have already seen prototype pictures of Ratchet, complete with Lightbar and new head. :confused: 

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Henkei Ratchet. they are speaking of a Universe 2.0 one.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, but there hasn't been any confirmation of a Hasbro release of him yet, and people are worried that he either won't happen at all, or will end up as a Botcon exclusive. Personally I'm not worried, as we already know Hasbro has said that they'll be utilizing as many repaint and slight retools they can with these new molds, and that they have at least one repaint/retool idea for most, if not all, of the new molds. It's really just a matter of time before we get a Universe Ratchet.

15. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Your so right, I just doubt they'll go through the trouble of mixing up the colors when molding the parts or extra paint afterward.

16. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    We're just anxious.

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ...which is really the same thing, yeah? Plus, we have Hasbro AT BOTCON saying it was all but a guarrantee that we'd get one eventually.

18. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I have a feeling Harsbro will be waiting until just before the line goes on hiatus for the movie to release Ratchet. Thats why I will probably be picking up the Henkei version.

19. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Well we dont don't know what we'll get for Ratchet, and as for BOTCON someone said "doesnt that mean we'll get ratchet"(after seeing ironhide) and then hasbro said (kidingly) " yeah thats a posiblity". Sorry if i'm wrong I can't honestly remember if that was from botcon or sdcc.

20. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    As long as we get him I'm happy.