Universe Ratchet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dilectus, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if a Ratchet figure will be released in the Universe line? I know the Henkei line will be getting it, and I assumed that the Universe line would too, but I've recently heard that's not the case. Shed some light on this for me please?

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Hasbro has yet to officially announce one. Though chances are he will see release somehow eventually through hasbro. It's like them not doing a red hot shot, bumble bee, etc repaints, it's just what they do traditionally, just a matter of what wave he gets into. It'd be like breaking the very fabric of reality for them to make ironhide and not recolor him into ratchet.

As stated on numerous occasions as well...
    "We love our repaints." Quoth Hasbro.

3. dilectus

dilectus Well-Known Member

That's all true, but I hope they don't repaint Ironhide in the way they repainted Bumblebee as Cliffjumper. I need my Ratchet to have a resculpted head. Time will tell, and if they don't do it right I'll just get the Henkei version.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering Sideswipe got a new head, I'd say Ratchet has a very good chance.

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Agreed, I think the days of pure ghetto repaints of good charachters is gone,

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

That's what the Premium classics are for. xD Like drag strip.

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

You know, the same can be said about the in show Seekers (NOTE/FYI, let's not get into the whole 2007 screaming match again, there is a Thundercracker out now and I for one am sick of all this complaining over 2 coneheads who had maybe a few minutes of screen time) or the Dinobots.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    The Henkei version that has a sculpted mock-up picture out looks like it will be good and it would make zero sense for Hasbro not to bring that here when it officially comes out. We haven't had a quality transforming G1 Ratchet figure in......well, ever. The Heroes of Cybertron PVC is the best damn Ratchet figure ever made for G1 authenticity!

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering they'd probably have to give Ratchet ambulance lights, I could see them doing a whole new head as well. That said, their heads are so similar that it might get skipped, except maybe just adding Ratchet's crest.
    Also, I think this mold would make a nice Skids repaint. Doesn't even need a new head either as his is sorta similar to Ironhide's.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

henkei ratchet is one of the few henkei's i plan to get, for sure, so you could just do the same, i suppose.

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If Hasbro's version doesn't have a resculpted head, then what makes you think the Henkei version will? The Henkei line is redecoes of the Universe/Classics line; there hasn't been a resculpt yet.

That said, we have seen a preview pic of the Henkei Ratchet mould, which IIRC did feature a new head. Given what I just said about Henkei not having reworked moulds, it follows that Universe Ratchet will be released at some point in the near future, and it will have a new head.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At Botcon somene asked about Universe Ratchet, and I believe the reply was "no plans yet, but we'll eventually get around to it". Strangely enough, the resin proto from Takara had already seen the light of day by this point... If Takara does Ratchet first, I'm gonna be REAL tempted to get it instead of the Hasbro one.

Unless... *GASP* Ratchet is going to be in a Botcon set! LOL!!

Chris

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay: