Universe Ratbat Shoulders

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pravus Prime, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I just picked up the Springer/Ratbat twopack, and I noticed something a bit distressing. I love the Noisemaze/Sidways mold, I've got Noisemaze, Sideways, and 'Mass Production' Noisemaze, and all of them have tight shoulders, where the panel lines up flush against the torso/shoulders, but on Ratbat, particularly the right shoulder, it seems to sag a bit and not hold it, and any little movement will cause it to fall slightly. Looking at it from the top, I can see the metal post on the inner side of the shoulder, while I can't on any of the other versions.

However, looking at pics online, I don't see a single Ratbat with the shoulders all the way up (But there are only like 3, so it's hard to say). So I'm wondering if I got a bum version or if for whatever reason, that's the way Ratbat is and I'll just live with it.

Here's a quick pic:

[​IMG]

2. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    My Uni Ratbat faces that problem with his weapon arm.
    The other arm's fine, but the one with the weapon always droops.....

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's too bad, I haven't got Ratbat yet, but am planning to because I love the mould, too :(  I thought the mould was a bit on the fragile side to begin with (like the legs).

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Well, I gave up. When I put his arms into a T style, the shoulder panels would both fall instantly all the way down, to the point where I needed to rest the hands on the hips to keep the shoulders up. So, I went back and exchanged him today.

The Second Ratbat? Nice, tight shoulders, just like all his mold siblings. That's more like it!

On a slight tangent, this is only the second time I've returned a defective figure, the first being Alt Shockwave, the first one the hood would not stay attached no matter what I did, the second never gave me a problem. It's always weird to me the way that works; you'd think they'd all be the same in terms of things like that.