Universe Predacon Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronsupreme, Feb 18, 2009.

1. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    This guy is kinda neat, but I expected a bit more from my ultras than size and two sound effects.

[​IMG]
    The dragon mode is pretty nice looking and intimidating. The colors are a bit bright for a dragon but they seem to work well. The biggest letdown is how little it can do. The tail barely moves and the head can only move up and down slightly.

[​IMG]
    He has a jungle planet cyberkey which is purple. Plugging it in causes the other two heads to deploy and the sound effect to change from a roar to a laser. It also makes the transformation sound while the heads deploy, but it can sometimes take a big of finagling to get both heads to pop out.

[​IMG]
    The extra heads are similarly poorly articulated. but it makes a nice effect. The un-turning head wouldn't be so noticable if the legends version didn't have a head that turned.

[​IMG]
    Here he is with the two legends size versions of this mold that I have. I do not own either other Ultra sized color of this mold.

[​IMG]
    He is a Predacon and not a Decepticon like the other versions of this mold. This is because he's meant to represent the Cerberus toy character from Robots In Disguise.

[​IMG]
    The robot mode retains all the same colors but has a bit more bronze.
    The biggest disappointment here is again the articulation. His hands don't twist, which means that he can only bend his arms into a flexing pose. His legs only really bend at the hip and knee with no useful swivels. The head turns but not the waist. Shoulders swing and lower arms turn.

[​IMG]
    His face is kinda neat, but this picture kinda washes it out.

[​IMG]
    In robot mode you plug the cyberkey into his ass. It still does the same thing in this mode, but the heads are a little more out of place alongside his robot head. The laser sounds still don't make sense because he doesn't have any gun-like weapons.

[​IMG]
    With his tiny buddies classics Trypticon and universe Hunn-Grr

[​IMG]
    His weapon is an axe that is suitably huge. It looks cool, but because his elbow is so weak it makes the axe rather ineffective for anything but just holding straight out.

[​IMG]
    I like robutts and I can not lie. This one has a purple key stuffed up it. The little button triggers the sounds.

[​IMG]
    His elbows do let you make the "I'll get you next time!" pose, which is nice.

Overall, easily the most disappointing Ultra in anything but pure size. His colors are kinda nice, but he can't make many neat poses. His sound effects are a nifty extra, but tend to be more annoying than useful. I'd have a hard time recommending this for anyone but completionists. It hits the bottom of my ranking list for Universe toys. The other 10 cybertron repaints are all better than this one. Apparently cybertron was pretty hit or miss.

In summary, not a good toy. Not worth the $26.

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Cybertron Scourge, for looks more than anything else. I doubt I'll be interested in this repaint, as it appears to follow the "When in doubt, use ALL the colors!" school of thought. :) 

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the colors on this version; he looks like some kind of Oriental god or demon (especially in robot mode). I own Cryo Scourge, but not the original Scourge whose colors are similar to this, so I'll probably buy one of these. I own RiD Bruticus, too, so it'll be neat to have the "homage," even though this toy doesn't exactly evoke RiD Bruticus, despite the similar colors and three-headed alt. mode. I'll get this just for the colors (the gold wash looks great!) and wicked robot mode, not to mention the fact that I think dragon TFs are cool.
    Thanks for the pics and review!

4. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    It seems no one cares about this guy anyways, which is good.

5. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    I like the mold, but don't really care for these colors. I'll stick with my cybertron Scourge.

6. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I got this one recently and love it as much as the other 2 versions of the mold I have. If I could afford it I'd get the Sky Lynx versionas well.

The colours are a bit too G2, but if you know who he's a homage to then the colours make sense.

Mine just stay in Dragon mode with the heads deployed, on my Cybertron Beasts shelf.

Its been majorly rearranged to fit in Bruticus and Leo Prime, but it used to look like this ; http://www.bigphill.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/3_6.jpg

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I already have 2 versions of this mold, and this deco isn't interesting enough to buy again.

8. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    I REALLY don't know why anyone likes this figures besides the colors. I can't stand how un-posable it is. The giant axe would be a terrific weapon if only his elbows could bend in a usable direction!

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some people liked, and still like G1 figures, don't they?

I like the Scourge mold because, lackluster posability aside, it is 50 pounds of imposing in a 10 pound sack.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I wore the g1 transformation sound out on my Scourge :lol 

11. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I repainted my Cryo Scourge into a proper Ultra Hun-Grrr which looks awesome, but for a random color palette like this guy it does look pretty horrible.

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    This beats Acid Storm for the "What the Crap" award.

I have the original Scourge. Don't need a piece of doody color scheme.

13. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Don't have the mold, and was thinking of getting this one. Probably won't unless I get a good price.

14. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If only they'd just make the fists rotate. That'd make this mold 10 times better. It's a shame because he looks so nice, but man it sucks he can't hold his axe well.

15. unicronsupreme

News Credits:
    That is my primary gripe with this toy. They didn't even have to rotate. They just needed to be molded 90 degrees from their current position.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i really like this mold, how ever, while this version is good in my opinion, at least looks good in the pictures, i still prefer Cyro and Flameconvoy versions more.

but with that said, since the decepticons on classics, is a little, well, underwelming, i will probably buy it, just because it is a decepticon, now if it was an autobot, it'd be an easy pass for me, like the cybertron autobots repaints in the voyager tfu line.

tfu, NEEDS MORE CON'S!

:) 

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    honestly, if you don't have the mold, you ought to get it, poseability or not, it's a fun toy. Being that this version is cheaper than either Cybertron one, that's really the only decision to make in my eyes.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I can't wait for this dude. His look is a great splash or colour compared to more muted figures in Universe.

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like a knock off to me. I'm happy with the two i have

20. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man i need this guy